Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My baby is gone

My baby is gone

I don't have the mental energy to write about Van so I copied and am pasting what Angie wrote on my site. Thanks for your love and support. Right now I am in shock and can't even cry. I wish I had just died. I had him for 14 years and my heart is now empty.........

From Angie....

Today we took Van to the vet to see what we needed to do for him. The vet told us he is just wearing out. His lungs were filling up with fluid and he was 100% sure it would not get any better. We had discussed the possibility of saying good-bye to Van this very day, but it is never an easy thing when the time comes. The vet could empathize with us very well as he has a 16 year old dog who he needs to put down but can't seem to go through with it just yet.
    Taylor, Craig and I were all together today and we knew it was the best thing to let Van go. We didn't want to see him suffer anymore and we knew it would be the best thing to let him rest. He has had such a difficult time recently getting up, walking and breathing. So, we did what was best for precious Van and let him go today.
    They gave him sedation and we were able to say our farewells to him while he was going to sleep. We left the room and the doc was planning to give him the final injection after our departure.
    In an act of courtesy the vet offered to let Van be buried on his grounds. He lives in the country and he will personally bury Van under an oak tree near a pond. He gave us a map and we can visit there anytime we want.
    We said a prayer together thanking God for Van's life and the joy it has been to love him and be loved by him. We asked God to give us strength and courage to let him go. It is our hope that one day we will see him again, frolicking in heaven, happy and pain free. Thank you Van for the beautiful gift of YOU. For making us all laugh, smile and love a little bit more. We will miss you and we love you very much.

Oh Taylor.... I'm so sorry to hear this! What a difficult time to lose someone so special to you. Know that you guys did the right thing in letting him go, and that he's still with you in spirit. Best friends like that never really leave you. ***HUGE Hugs***

Taylor, I'm so sorry.

Do remember that you gave Van an amazing life. He was happy because you were there for him, to love him and take care of him. He couldn't have wanted anything more. Even now, when it hurts you beyond belief, you did what was best for him.

Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Got my baby laying at home starting similar illness....I will look to you for the example of how to survive it. You are in my prayers dude.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

Sorry to hear the sad news Taylor

Taylor, I'm so so sorry. I know how much he meant to you and I'm just so sorry that he's gone. But please don't give up because of this, you still have one more baby who loves you and needs you.
    Story of my life –>

Taylor, I am so sorry to hear of Van's passing. I commend you on your efforts, your love and compassion for Van, who was a best friend to you.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Think of the good times buddy, it's the only way to get you through.. Stay strong and take care of your other 4-feeted friend, I'm with you.
    I think it's very brave to let Van go, you prevented him from more pain and suffering.

Love and hugs,
    ~Deron~

Taylor, I don't know if you've seen this before, but it really helped me when my family lost our English Setter a couple years ago: Rainbow Bridge. It makes me cry every time, but in a good way.

Van is waiting for you, and someday when your time comes (hopefully though not for many years) you'll be together again.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Taylor, I'm so sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know what you are going through

I know what you are feeling. Me and the wife got a dog soon after we moved in together and she was with us for 10 great years.

We know exactly how you feel and our hearts go out to you.

Sorry for your loss

Cynthia
    Be Yourself, And Be Fabulous While Doing it!

My heart sunk seeing the title, I swore out loud.

Taylor - you just have to know you were the best guardian for Van ever. He couldn't have had any other buddy than you to provide him with so much love and great life. He gave back, unconditionally. I know. Kinda still there from January and losing my buddy in life too.

All I can do for now is to offer you a huge cyber hug, I so wish it was so much more.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

I'm sorry for your loss, Taylor. It is a hard blow to lose one so devoted and loyal to us for so many years. May Van rest in peace.

Taylor, I am so sorry to hear that...I don't even know what else to say, dude....Just that you have been through so much lately...Really sorry you have to go through this, too...Hugs, **Trey**
    Ever The Opportunist

I am so so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain.

D

Platinum Member
    sorry for your loss...........

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Taylor, sweetie, you're hurting so much right now, but with time it will get easier... you don't wish you died, don't say things like that, that hurts me when you say things like that I read that and cried, you're loved here, please don't think such horrible thoughts. I know what it's like, I lost my baby too, 8 years ago, I still cry now... it's easier, but you never forget
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

I'm very sorry for your loss Taylor.

Taylor, I'm so sorry that you have lost your friend. You did the right thing in letting him go and not leaving him to suffer, and you gave him the best life a dog could have.

Thinking of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really feel for you Taylor
    My dog is my best friend helping me with what i,m going through now, and if anything happened to him i,d be devastated.

Taylor I know you're hurting, I felt just the same earlier this year when I took my cat of 19 years to the vet and she didn't come home. We all do our best for our animals and when we can't do any more it hurts like hell but you did right thing by not letting Van suffer.

Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Sorry for your loss Taylor.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

GypsyKaren
    I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend, but he's probably up there chasing rabbits and having fun, so just keep the smiles in your heart.

Karen Starlene

Awwwww

My sincerest sympathies. May your memory soon be filled with smiles and his ever-present faithfulness, warmth and love, instead of loss.

I think I'll go hug Riley and rub his soft, floppy ears.

Huge My friend cos don't know what I'd do without my cats to be honest. Thinking of ya hun xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!