Thread: Swimming en femme

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar

Swimming en femme

I would be interested in any experiences, successful or otherwise, you have had swimming en femme. How did you cope with:

(a) wig
    (b) make-up to cover the beard shadow, etc
    (c) body shaping?

Is it a matter of staying out of the water?

Thanks in advance.

Michelle (Oz)

Swimming?

When I was 14, braver/stupider than now I once went to the local pool dressed. I had borrowed my sisters costume and got changed in a private cubicle and spent about 2 minutes in the water before fear/realization of where I was and what I was doing and who might see me kicked in and I was out of there faster than road runner being chased by Wil E Coyote!

Some background-I was/am quite small for a guy, had long hair (it was the 70's and glam rock/heavy metal was in full swing) and quite often got mistaken for a girl! I had also "discovered" tucking by myself-guess how
    I was convinced for a long time I should have been a girl but those thoughts, whilst not completely gone, have faded a great deal.
    In those days, like I said I was braver/more stupid than now and would walk around town-once bumping into a school friend who looked sooo when he realised who I was. I did the old "I can't see you therefore you can't see me" trick and convinced myself all was ok. Nothing ever came of it at school!-I would often go into a nearby city as well where I could lose myself in the crowds.All these outings are without make up and with socks for padding
    When I was 18 I was out with a gg and got asked to dance by a bloke in a bar Boy was he red when he realised! At least he took it in good faith and I didn't get beaten.

Nowadays I have to steel myself and force myself out! Having grown sideways and lots older doesn't help the image but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things.
    But I don't think I'll be visiting a public swimming pool again!

Stella
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

I am upper middleage with graying hair. On one of my more courageous days (a Sun. late afternoon) a few years ago, I donned my hip/butt enhancer and put on very conservative swimsuit (has a skirt to crotch level), forms and wig. Did normal makeup and nails. Took a beach bag, book and towel and drove to the local beach past the guards, parked and walked. Found a spot, put my towel down, lay down and started to read. Did so for a while, then went swimming, keeping my head above water. Finished, went back to my site, dried off, and read some more. After about an hour or so, I packed up and went home. That was it. No problems. Have not had the chance to do it again.

On this subject, I could use some advice.
    I've never been swimming en femme but my SO and I just bought a house with a lovely pool that is quite private. I do have
    some nice bikini's that I would like to swim in but I'm concerned about the tan lines, especially w/ the halter bras.
    Any ideas about not showing the tan lines? Will a strong sun-block work? What strength? Any specific brands to look for?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks girls.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda-cdgrl View Post
    I do have
    some nice bikini's that I would like to swim in but I'm concerned about the tan lines, especially w/ the halter bras.
    Any ideas about not showing the tan lines?
    Sorry, I haven't read any of your previous postings, Linda. For you, do you need to hide the tan lines from your wife (e.g., she does not know or does not accept), or is it a matter of hiding the tan lines from (e.g.) the guys down at the gym you work out at? The difference I have in mind is mostly a matter of whether even faint tan lines are a no-no, or if a certain amount of tanning would be okay. For example, if you tanned in a bikini for a while and then tanned without for roughly an equal time, then the lines might be noticeable to someone (your wife) that spent a lot of time with you close-up, but not noticeable to someone at a moderate distance who was mostly paying attention to their own business.

I did a bit of backyard tanning with a bikini and forms. A problem that I found, and which I had not anticipated, was that although I got some bikini lines (which I wanted), the area underneath the forms was completely untanned as the forms blocked the UV entirely.

I have, by the way, gone Dressed to a local park, and sun-bathed in a one-piece about 15 feet from a busy regional road (busy enough that although the drivers might have time to see and admire my bod, they wouldn't have enough time to concentrate and pick out that I was cross-dressed.) That particular one-piece does a very nice job of making my behind look sexy, which is why I bought it

I have not gone swimming en femme yet. I would like to, but the local rivers are relatively unsuitable for swimming, the real beaches are a bit over an hour drive away (and I don't drive), and I have the suspicion that the chlorine in the local swimming pools would do nasty things to makeup, wig, and forms. Generally, I'm not so concerned about makeup washing off (there are more waterproof makeups available), but I am concerned about keeping the wig on; my head size is at the upper end of regular wig sizes, so I cannot tighten the wigs much at all, so they tend to slip a bit on me even when I'm not very active; I suspect they would fall off completely the first time I put my head under-water, and I don't know how to deal with that.

Swiming in Neighors Pool

[SIZE="3"]I love to swim in fem. I have taken care of friends pools when they were away and always find a way to spend some fem time in the pool. I even went to a secluded beach once with a few people around and that was a blast.

TTFN
    Cyndie
    [/SIZE]

Swimming En Femme sounds a Logistical Nightmare to me !!!

I'll be your Huckleberry! Sarah Rabbit's Avatar
    Ahh the advantages of having a backyard pool. I am content to wear a bikini, no wig, no makeup. I enjoy myself more. If I could pass I might be tempted to go public.

Sarah R.
    Every time I walk down the street, I see every eye on me.
    Every time they look at me, I wonder, who do they see?
    Perfection in disguise,with regimes and alibis.
    The girl in the mirror , isn't the same as the girl in my heart

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I enjoy smimming as Jan. I ususally have a good tan prior to being jan and do not have an issue with tan lines. I find that tucking makes me feel vey comfortable and gives me the confidence to be out in a bikini or one piece

jan

About 7 years ago in my younger years I made a trip to Acapulco with 2 cd friends. We spent 3 days there totally en femme.
    We went to the beach only one day and I was oh so nervous!

In order to avoid the sun (I didn't wanted to have bikini tan lines) we sat at a restaurant that had chairs with umbrellas and service right on the sand and ordered a bunch of piñas coladas.

I was wearing a really nice "Top Tank Bikini" (is that what they're called??), it's a bikini but the top is larger. The piñas coladas finally took effect and I had the courage to get into the sea . I kept my head and wig out of the water at all times so my makeup wouldn't get messed up.
    There were vendors and people around but we had no problems whatsoever, it was an amazing experience!!
    Last edited by vanessatevesti; 04-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.

I do swim enfemme and I do have 3 two piece bikinis.I luckily have long hair and my fiance loves seeing me in a bikini now.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Thanks for all the replies. "Logistical nightmare" sounds about right but I'd like to do something different. Your experiences suggest that the effort is worthwhile.

It looks like the wig coming off is the main (only?) unsolvable.

Michelle (Oz)

[SIZE=3]Having lived through a few summers in Sacramento (where it gets up to over 100 degrees several days a year), I have often enjoyed a dip in the pool. It's pretty common to have a pool in ones back yard so, of course, I swam in my own pool. I ruined one wig by getting it wet (swimming underwater). After that I just kept my hair (wig) out of the water. I could get cool enough just by getting wet up to my neck.[/SIZE]

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar
    Hi Michelle,

I've worn a bathing suit to a few crossdresser pool parties, but always the pool turned out to be for decoration rather than swimming. Logistics for this were a string bikini bottom over a pantyhose gaff, and birdseed breastforms waterproofed with condoms. (The bottom looked better than the top, btw.)

The one time I actually swam was in a friends pond, which was fairly secluded. Appearances didn't matter so much so I dispensed with the silly contraptions. I did wear a wig however! I used an older one, in case it somehow got lost or ruined, but it survived no worse for the wear. I experimented with swimming underwater and with different amounts of splashing around on the surface. It stayed on! Now, it didn't feel like it was on very securely, but as long as I paid attention to what I was doing with it, no problem. Water polo, or the high dive? Mmm, I don't think I'd trust it.

Sonia
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

I love to go to the pool when I'm staying at a resort hotel, in answer to your questions:

(a) wig - I have a ratty old wig that I pull back with a scrunchie and cover with a cute sun visor

(b) make-up to cover the beard shadow, etc - I use very little makeup over my sunscreen, a bit of foundation, lipstick and eye liner is all

(c) body shaping - I got some sponge balls at a toy store for boobs (tried balloons, but one of them popped out of my swimsuit and floated away, embarrassing moment!) and regular old kitchen sponges for hips

Is it a matter of staying out of the water? Like any girl, I walk into the pool up to my neck, and do the breaststroke keeping my head above water.

Here's how it all comes together:

Aspiring Member
    Why does this topic always surface from time to time. The answer to this one is pretty simple.

1: Buy a speedo style swimsuit.

or

2: Buy one of those old fashioned mens one piece swimsuits.
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

often swum at Beaumont soc weekends in the hotel pool. wear wig,girl's cossie (have two),and boobs. may swim breasttroke or backstroke