Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrasment....

lycra legs

Unhappy Embarrasment....

Hi, Im new to this forum, I thought you people might be able to help me with something. I need some help buying clothing. I am far too embarassed to buy my pantyhose from shopping centres, so i thought the internet would suit me. The problem is, I share me eBay account with my mother (i have only turned 18 recently) and i still live with my parents (technically) so if i were to have them delivered, they would start asking about what was in the package. I was thinking of having a female friend buy clothing for me but Im not too sure she would understand, to say the least... Any ideas please?

Just go to the store, Girl

Quote Originally Posted by lycra legs
    Hi, Im new to this forum, I thought you people might be able to help me with something. I need some help buying clothing. I am far too embarassed to buy my pantyhose from shopping centres, so i thought the internet would suit me. The problem is, I share me eBay account with my mother (i have only turned 18 recently) and i still live with my parents (technically) so if i were to have them delivered, they would start asking about what was in the package. I was thinking of having a female friend buy clothing for me but Im not too sure she would understand, to say the least... Any ideas please?
    Go to Mall, baby. If you just pick a pantyhose and get it on the counter. Any clerk would not be suspicious of your buying pantyhose. Be Brave girl. That is the part of being a woman.

If you're like me, and getting enough courage to go and buy stuff in person is too much for you - internet is definitely the way to go. Your situation seems complicated, but if I were you I would do the following, to get some pantyhose. I don't know about you, but I lift weights, and often buy supplements - I usually do that over the internet at drugstore.com. What does it have to do with pantyhose? The nice thing about drugstore.com, is that they always pack their shipments the same (brown box with a big drugstore.com sign on it). There is also nothing on the label that indicates contents of the box. I've tried it many times, and it's always the same. Sure they don't have the greatest selection of makeup, and pantyhose, but what good is great selection - if you can't force yourself to go to a place and buy it. Anyways - you can tell your parents you want to get some lifting supplements/acne medicine (think of something I don't know), at drugstore.com, and simply add pantyhose to the order. And by the way - get your own e-bay account. At 18 you can easilty get a credit card - try capital one.
    Last edited by trinity24; 05-03-2005 at 09:28 PM.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I agree with Crystal. [minor edit for clarity]

In your situation forget eBay - go shopping.
    There's far too many things that could go wrong with the eBay approach, especially with a shared account, the shops are much simpler and easier.

Pantyhose (tights for us brits) are far too splendid to not have, so you're going to have to get some...

If you're too scared to do it, imagine to yourself that what's actually happened is that your girlfriend has just phoned you and asked you to buy her a pair because she needs some for your date tonight, and she won't get a chance to go buy any herself in time. In fact, it's actually kind of true.

So, that's great - you've now got a perfectly reasonable explanation for why you're buying them.

Don't say any of this to the cashier, but just have it in your mind that that's what you're doing. And don't panic and rush!

It does get easier in time...

Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

[edit]
    If you can't bring yourself to do it, then Trinity's suggestion is fair enough - but if you can get yourself to use a store then you've got more flexibility in what you can buy.
    [/edit]

Selina.
    Last edited by Selina; 05-03-2005 at 07:48 PM.

I’m very new to this to, but I have researched my situation very extensively .Your still very young, please tread carefully. I really prey you have researched your own personal situation with an open mind and enlightened soul, if not please do so. Fortunately for you the power of the internet is at your grasp. True fully I’m new to this too, there for I’m one not to question others. Before you venture forth, if you haven’t taken this online test , please do so.

http://www.transsexual.org/

But even after you have taken the test other questions will be opened up before you. Research your own situation more. After I took the test, I spent several months of research both on the internet and into introspective thought to come to peace with a conclusion.
    Last edited by Milla; 05-03-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Buying pantyhose

Like Crystal says, just go to a store.

With Mother's Day coming up you could go to a fancy store and ask a sales assistant what's best as a present and get great service and advice. Otherwise, just go to Safeway and put a packet of pantyhose in your basket and get it checked with all your other stuff.

Luvya

Wink

Heres an idea because i am in tassie and pretty much a shopaholic tell me what you need and your size and i can organise to buy anything you want ...until you are brave enough to face shopping on your own ..Ialso have a lot of clothes to good to throw out that obviously shrank in the wash (girls never put on weight)...so feel free to to ask i remember what it was like when i was eighteen..xxx
    Sarah
    TRY IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DO IT AGAIN

Just go for it.

I agree with Selina. You will find that a guy picking up a pair of pantyhoses for a wife or girl friend is really not that uncommon. I've had to do it for my wife more than once... really... getting them for her. Just wait till you're married lol. Now buying a bra is a bit more nerve racking but even that isn't so bad once you've done it a few times. The stores are there to sell you things... you're money is green. You will find that the store clerks generally just do their job in a professional manner. They're not there to judge you, they're there to serve you. Just go for it.
    Last edited by Elysia; 05-03-2005 at 09:47 PM.
    Warm Regards,
    Elysia

Lycra... first welcome to the forum. Here's the way it is, hon... nobody at the stores cares if you buy pantyhose. It's true! Just pick out a color you like and BUY them. They're not going to hand you a questionaire to fill out. I know it's a little scarey the first time but A GIRL HAS TO SHOP. Really, you can do this. It's really a great first step. You have it within yourself to make tis happen. Go for it, girl!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Thumbs up buying first time

Don't be embarressed about buying hose just go and get them.
    I was worried that somebody might see me but now i have no problem buying lingerie.
    Nobody cares anymore what you buy so go for it.

I Get a Thrill Out of Buying Lingerie at a Store

The first time I bought some lingerie at a store I was nervious but I started liking it with time. Once I was looking through some panties at a department store and picked out two pairs. I noticed a sales clerk moving some clothes around but I made my selections anyway. I stood in a line of about 5 others to check out when the sales clerk came directly to me and said she could check me out at another register. Apparently, she had been watching me pick out my panties wanted to sell them to me. I felt really special! I have found most sales clerks just want to sell you something.

lycra legs
    Thanks for the support people, I really apreciate it

Exclamation

Honey, I agree with the other girls with regard to lingere especially pantyhose, 'just do it'. My goodness, I have had to buy tampons for my wife, nobody cares.

Hugs Abby Lee

We all have had a first time buying, it is not as bad as you might thjnk.

I know myself as long as the cashier/sales person is a female I enjoy it as much as if not more than wearing it.

[SIZE=7]HAVE FUN!!!!!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]HIGH HEELS AND SHORT SKIRTS[/SIZE] : :shh:

I really don't believe anyone really cares or notices. I went on a small shopping spree about a week ago on separate occassions.... low rider jeans, shoes, panties, makeup... i didn't notice any stears. I even tried on clothes. Cashier didn't even blink an eye.

Its almost always our sensitivity and not the reality. Good luck.

I agree, just go in and buy em. I realized that I'm going to deal with the clerk for all of two minutes, tops, then I'll never see them again. So why would I care what they think?

I've have bought countless pairs of stockings and have never once got "the look" from anybody. In fact I usually now get pleasant smiles, and even some friendly small talk.

Still nervous? I know here in my area there are large stores (e.g. Walmart) which have started installing self checkout registers - no need to interact with a sales clerk at all.

~Sigrid

I'll take the pink one.
    "Just be honest, be faithful and have fun" ~ my wife

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar

lycra legs

TRUST ME the sales people dont give a rats azz who buys anything so long as they make money,,,

Just remember that men buy clothing all the time for their wives and girlfriends, not only at Christmas and Valentine's Day, but for their birthdays also, which is anytime during the year. Just go to the store and behave as cool and nonchalant as you can and no one will think twice about it, unless of course you ask to try something on.
    If it helps you, ask a salesperson for help and tell them that you need assistance in selecting just the right thing for your "friend." Maybe you could even have a slip of paper in your hand with the sizes written on it and ask about return policies in case the gift isn't what your SO is looking for.

Good luck!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Hey there Gal!

If you are going to be buying a fair amount of stuff isn't it time you rewarded yourself with a private mail box? I've had my since I was 16 and have never looked back. That way no one knows where you live as well if they were to share your address! (or if you were to have some pen friends).

There are dirt cheap and well worth the privacy.

Maxine

Smile tights !!

hi babes,instead of buying some tights,why dont you raid your mums undie draw,she must have loads of tights you could "borrow".
    if not do as the rest of then are saying....just go in a super store put some in a basket with a few other items and bobs your uncle...lol.i do sometimes,but usualy get my wife to get them for me.
    sue xxx
    God these shoes are killing me !

lonly sheiligh

embarrased?

hi sunshine! just get out and go tothe store and do it! it seems little hard at first but after you have done the shopping trip a few times it will seem natural in time, if you're worried some one will see you or you might run into some one you know go to a near by town or city and try that, that might take a littl of the nervousness out of it.good luck! let me know how you did!remember, we are friends! luv sheiligh
    smile, be sweet, enjoy life, and be who you are today, yesterday is gone, and tomarrow may never come!!!!!

lycra legs
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsue999
    hi babes,instead of buying some tights,why dont you raid your mums undie draw,she must have loads of tights you could "borrow".
    if not do as the rest of then are saying....just go in a super store put some in a basket with a few other items and bobs your uncle...lol.i do sometimes,but usualy get my wife to get them for me.
    sue xxx
    i probably should have mentioned, at one stage when i was about 14, my mother must have wondered were all her hosiery was going and she eventually found it all under my bed.. or wherever i was hiding it, i cant really remember. I noticed, when i got home that day all my pantyhose was missing..... gives a new meaning to the word "stress" But ever since that day my mother never bought pantyhose again...

After being married with two children, I can go into any store and buy any thing, because I'm just "another dumb husband" with a list. Of course its my list but still a list, I don't want to go back. OH you better give me the reciept because You just never know if I got the right thing.

I find that it is harder to buy make up, than anything else, since I am usually the only guy in that part of the department store. AND I shop, make color selections, read the packages and converse with the curious women also shopping there. It was very stressfull at first. But after a few trips, it ant nothing.

Just go out and get what you want, the clerks don't care as long as you pay them. They just want your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    Just remember that men buy clothing all the time for their wives and girlfriends, not only at Christmas and Valentine's Day, but for their birthdays also, which is anytime during the year. Just go to the store and behave as cool and nonchalant as you can and no one will think twice about it, unless of course you ask to try something on.
    If it helps you, ask a salesperson for help and tell them that you need assistance in selecting just the right thing for your "friend." Maybe you could even have a slip of paper in your hand with the sizes written on it and ask about return policies in case the gift isn't what your SO is looking for.

Good luck!
    I used Sharon's method when I first started. I would just write down what I was looking for on a piece of paper. Then when I got to the hosiery department I would ask the clerk for help finding it. Asking for help broke the ice, I didnt have to wonder what she was thinking or if she was looking at me. And if I happened to see something else I liked I would ask if they were the same size etc. And I would always ask for the reciept to be placed in the bag so it could be returned.

Now I just go in and look for what I want and get it. And seriously, on this side of the globe, the clerk never even looks twice.

Just go for it!

A girl in the works

Go shopping girl

Go shopping, it is the only way to get over the fear. Three months ago, I started with panty hose, and since then, have bought dresses, skirts, shoes, panties, bras, etc.... and all with no difficulty. I even went to Fredricks of Hollywood, and bought a padded panty. After the first purchase, it gets easier, and easier, and easier, until it is no big thing. Uesd to hate shopping, now rather enjoy it.

Ariel