Thread: !Excitement!

aka Audrey Grace

!Excitement!

So, i have recently come to be accepting of my transgenderism, and was trying to figure out what it meant in my life. To help with this i started going to counseling at my school(which is a small christian school, so i was unsure of how the counselor was going to respond.)

I had written out my "transgender story"(which is posted in the new member introductions) she read it, sent back an email saying she felt honored that i was willing to share such a big secret and such a major part of my life with her.

so i came in not sure what she would tell me that i should do though.

to my surprise though. she was incredibly accepting, probably as accepting as could possibly be. so we ended up planning for me to keep going to her since she was nervous that the other counselor(shes just an intern right now and is starting her own practice) would be more likely to tell me to repress it and deal with it by trying to not let it be part of my life. she did not think that was healthy though.

we talked about alot. we discussed alot about it overall, and how i feel about it. how ive come to terms with it. she talked about how she is not one of those that thinks that it is a sin or something wrong. we talked about how it effected me, where i fell on the spectrum.

and i told her that i fell darn close to the transsexual(so desiring to become the women i feel i am). and she was totally cool with that. in fact we even discussed transitioning. she seems to be totally cool and supportive of the idea of me transitioning!!!! she also even discussed my attraction to men, and many other practical issues related to my transsexualism, and she was not phased and was really supportive. she is excited to be along for the journey

so im going to keep going to her. but. i think this is the biggest step ive taken in my transgender life. it is very possible that in the near future i could begin my transition!

Here is my tentative(very simple) plan for the future:

1. save up money to get electrolysis on my face for sure
    2. Tell more people
    3. Tell my family by september of 09(my 21st, and when i plan on being financially independent of them)
    4.perhaps after graduating college(im a sophomore going into junior year), or more likely during my senior year(once i have more money) start taking hormones.
    3. Once i get done with my masters degree(4 years from now), start living as a woman full time
    4. After a year i could possibly get the reassignment surgery and completely be the woman i really am.

That is my "dream" transition. Well see how things actually go here in the next few months.

-Audrey Grace (Formerly known as Kaylee)
    Last edited by kaylee; 04-22-2008 at 03:38 PM.

All I can say is that dreams sometimes do come true, Audrey Grace. Just try not to be surprised if events don't affect the precise dates you have penciled in. Life has a way of tossing us curve balls once in a while.

I wish you all the best.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

You have a plan and that is one of the most important things to have in hand if you are seriously considering transitioning!

Take one step at a time and you will get there.

Hugs Anna

aka Audrey Grace
    so, i may tell my mother soon. any good books for parents to read to better understand the issue?