Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breast forms, to attach (glue) or not!

Hate to bring a post back from so far in the past but the adhesive works great.

Finally remembered to get some while at the store and tried it this morning. No irritation mess fuss or muss.

Even went braless for a while and everything stayed in place and wiggled like real.

Thanks tons for the great advice.

Kelly

[SIZE=4]Update on 3M Super 77:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have now used this adhesive about 75 times and the only down side that I find so far is that if you don't let the high ends evaporate for enough time, it could cause your nipples to be very cold. Possibly even irritate them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I first noticed this on an 80 degree day, getting dressed and felt very cold. Then I realized it was just my breasts that were cold, I had put the forms on after maybe waiting only 5 minutes. The adhesive was[/SIZE][SIZE=4] still very wet and had not fully kicked.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have now waited as long as an hour after initially spraying them to put them on with no change in the holding power. In fact, they seem to hold longer than the 7730 Hollister and the clean up is just as easy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Tami...I love the thread and advice!

I use Amonea forms and my most recent ones have a velcro back so I use either a cloth cover or I buy the Amonea Active Supports which are nothing more than a Velcro piece shaped like the form with really sticky tape on the back.

Basically, you use their special wipes that come with the supports - it's like an alcohol wipe with glue in it and very strong. Wiped own your skin, peel off the label on the form and stick it in place. They the form just Velcro's on.

I've worn these all day without issue and no bra is required. However:

- The supports are meant to be worn long term so when you remove them your skin will be red for a while although it's not painful at all.
    - The supports come in different styles, thin active, thicker and so on but they're pricey at about $28 for 5 supports
    - They hold even large heavy forms like mine perfectly well but they don't keep the forms so tight to the skin that the seem isn't noticeable like I imagine glued-on forms could be.

While we're on the subject...I noticed at SCC last year that everyone was wearing large nipples with their forms. I love this look but after a while, even I was worn out of seeing so many (1000s) of huge protruding nips - I never thought I'd say that.:-)
    When my wife came down one night for dinner, she mentioned that too many girls went overboard with their nipples and it was obvious. On retrospect, I agree and now I wear no fake nipples or very inconspicuous ones.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Tami, I just tried the 3M super 77 and the goo gone method taking your advice about letting the glue air off the solvents before attaching them. I let them sit for about 30 minutes after spraying them and then attached them and wore a bra for about 30 minutes to make sure that they adheared properly. Took the bra off and was able to go bra less with confidence for the first time. I have been using Hollister after a while but they would slip (hell they fell off) once I took off my bra. No fun to wear your nightie with a bra or with out forms to lounge around the house. I am going to a pool party Saturday night and I really need to be able to go bra less and still have my forms on so my swim suit will look good.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us on this forum. Every bit of advice I have recieved from you has work just like yu said it would. Using your instructions I fitted a wig for my size 7 5/8 inch hat size.

Sis your the best

Big Northern Calif. hugs
    Last edited by Paulette; 07-25-2008 at 02:09 AM.

Question Breast forms

Tami your advise was fantastic! Without it and sugestions by others I would have never tried it. However, I tried sleeping with them on but felt breasts pulling on my skin causing me to remove them in order to get some restfull sleep. Am I alone in this situation? Any ideas or suggestions?

[SIZE=4]IMPORTANT 3m 77 DISCLAIMER:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Although I am a user of this product and to date I have not suffered any noticable ill effects from it, the potential for long-term impact is there. Careful reading of the MSDS for this product by a number of members on this forum have brought forward data that could cause us to re-think our constant use of this product. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I relayed my cold and tingling breast feeling just yesterday and was informed of potential skin absorption damage to the liver and other organs within a short time thereafter. This product may be too good to be true and may need to be used with an eye towards long term potential damage to our bodies. Never mind that it could impact critical thinking, something we could all be accused of losing long ago...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Therefore I am posting this notice that any user should think about or limit the use of this product to minimize health risks. Members who smoke may really be at risk due to the highly flammable fumes that are released when the product is applied. Just something to think about or research on your own.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Now checking auctions for Hollister 7730.....[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your tainted sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Self-adhesive forms

I think I read almost every response in the thread and went through he first two pages of a search. This appears to be an appropriate place to post.

I have self-adhesive forms that you are supposed to just clean and let dry. They do not like to stay stuck to my skin, even just walking around the house.

2 questions:
    1. Will using alcohol to clean my skin first help adhesion? or any other tips?
    2. Can you still use glue or self-adhesive tape with these forms.

I just bought a top that I think bra-less would look best. The strapless bras that I've bought are either loose or too tight so far and hide the forms nipple shape.

Brina

[SIZE=4]I also have some self-adhesive forms, they were never designed for bra-less wear. They have a great adhesive to hold them in place under a light fitting bra but the adhesive is not designed for bra less wear. You can add your own adhesive to them and they act just like the others, they will stick very well and hold but they require you to use the same removal technique as the others, with Goo Gone or a similar product.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Just another update on 3M 77. Yesterday was fairly warm around here, about 86 degrees. I used 3M 77 and was working on a person's face applying permanent makeup when I felt the left breast form gently release from the chest wall. I was leaning over my work table and the form stayed in place because the top I was wearing was fairly tight, but nevertheless, this form had come loose. I gently pressed it back into place and it held until my client left. I pulled up my top and took a look, the form fell completely off. Sweat had loosened the bond and it released. The other one was still attached but not by much.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I had not really cleaned the chest wall with alcohol or anything else and assumed the adhesive would hold in the heat, it didn't. I believe Hollister would have held, it has in the same conditions before.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]So if you anticipate perspiration using Hollister's might be a better idea. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Gnerally wiping down the chest with alcohol before attaching any adhesive coated breast form helps the adhesion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Now I know better. This is the top I was wearing yesterday.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]51 OMG full 8-4-08 21 (2).jpg[/SIZE]
    51 OMG full 8-4-08 13 (2).jpg

[SIZE=4]Tami [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

update on 76

I recently used the 76 adhesive in very hot humid weather. I have been finding that the glue dries almost instantly after it is sprayed and application to the forms alone is not sticking very well. What is working... (really well) I wore them for about 36 hours and went bike riding in the hot humid weather braless (using the bike jersey built in support)

1. Mark the outline of your forms on your chest
    2. Spray forms, let dry.
    3. Spray some adhesive in a pile on paper. Use some paper towel to dab the adhesive before it dries and wipe your chest where the forms will go. This results in a very thin layer of adhesive on your skin and it dries almost as fast as you can apply it.
    4. Wait a while until all surfaces are dry.
    5. Apply forms, just like contact cement they will stick and can't be removed without using a solvent (like paint thinner).
    6. To remove use a paper towel soaked in thinner and wipe around the edges with gentle lifting.
    7. Give yourself about 1 day for the redness due to pulling on skin to go away...be very careful you don't damage your skin expecially easy to do on the edges of the forms.

Other than potential health risks and no ability to quickly undress... doing this for a full day or so is quite the experience.
    Last edited by Sally2005; 08-06-2008 at 12:59 AM.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

to attach or NOT

[SIZE=4]I have the silicone triangular breast forms, my "ex-plants".
    The fit into a 44D bra nicely.

I have been leery of gluing because I have very sensitive skin, from being a redhead.

I go dancing a lot, with lots of movement, since I usually discodance by myself, and have been dancing continually for up to 5 hours with my explants in my bra and never had any problem.

The have small nipple protrusions that actually show thru my

JMS bra and my red lace and satin bra. But I also have two loose nipples that came with them. I sometimes would put them in the right place on the forms inside the bra, but was always worried they would slip to a wrong place.

In response to a question I asked I was told about using double sided tape to affix them to the forms. I have done it a few times.

But lately I have just been going out in a tanktop with no bra, and have surprisingly to me been told I am sexy by two different women I didn't even know. I also have more dance partners come to me braless than with my 44D's. I haven't figured that one out.

I am 73 most people take me for 40's, and I have never had anyone male or female come to dance with me that was over 30. A huge mystery to me.

I only had the confidence in my natural boobs to do this about 3 months ago for the first time. Oh yeah, my own nipples are always hard and showing.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

I use the smae method as Sally had explained with use of super 77 and hollisters. I have had close to the same results with using both products. I have only had them release once while dancing but my bra held them in place. goo gone 2 gel works best for clean up and it smells alot better since its made with citurus. Oh by the way they use super 77 on the hooters girls while on the runway to hold some materials in place.

great info as i have multiple scrossis have to be carefull of everythang would love go straplesss ) Only advantage ive found in a nice price is this (http://www.exsilshop.eu/index1.html )its like wearing a peek a boo bra.( down side is got perky and dont make bra's big enough to hide the outer color (at time din't have nude just red and black) no glue just velcro and done no slipage of any sort just cant go straplss as even nude has shoulder straps.

Skin Prep

Hi all,

I have been using Hollister for several years and often had skin irritation as a result. I started using Skin-Prep by Nephew about a year ago and seems to work great. Slight redness, but dissapears the next day. Adhesion of the silicon breast form is not a real issue. The only real drawback is the residue the skin-prep leaves. I use baby oil on a wash cloth to remove the sticky residue on my chest. Works great!

However, maybe the problem to my skin irritation has been the "pulling off" of the breast form. I'll have to try the Goo Gone method you described.

Thanks soo much for starting this thread. Probably the best one yet!

Monica

Nu-Hope

I've tried 4 adhesives. While the 3M is inexpensive and works well, I've decided not to use it because of the unknown possible chemical reactions to skin. The It Stays roll on will not hold my size 8 Transform triangles. I bought a bottle of Nu- Hope adhesive yesterday. Applied a layer to my forms, let dry for 5 minutes and attached them. I slept with them on last night. They have now been attached for a little more than 24 hours. The adhesive seems to me holding well. Hollisters has always been my first choice, but pricey at anywhere from $26.00 to $35.00 depending on which medical supply store I happen to use. The Nu-Hope was about $14.00. So, I'm hoping the Nu-hope will work for several days.
    Bobbie in Vancouver