Thread: CDU "crossdressers united"

Question CDU "crossdressers united"

thanks to _Cecilie_ for world crossdressers day i've been in spiered to start something i'm not sure i can handle my self but one of the qeuote in her theard said that some one needs to start it and others will fellow.

so here is my idear i'm starting a club call "CDU" (crossdressers united) it will only inclued cd's, any one with more idears please chiiem in .

i think that if we do fundrasier like walk for hawk ,breast cancer, suff that supports the women were tring to become.

and remeber the idear is to have a crossdressers day ,week,mouth what ever.
    i think if we start somthing like this we can have are day and not step on the toes of others not to mention whan ever we do somthing were in gril mode and then every day is cd day

please this is only an idear but somthing i would like to start but i need your input.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    I don't think limiting membership to just crossdressers is a good idea. I suggest allowing the broader transgender definition. Also allies are important so involving the friends and families of CDs to be a part is a good idea too.

sorry about the spelling. but do you like the idear.

and i'm very open minded about anyone joining sorry if i came off the wrong way i just wanted the focuse to be on us its not easy for me to communicate in writing i'm more of a person to person talker i didn't mean to affect anyone in a bad way.

and i'm not looking to be a leader just tring to get the ball rolling.

Banned Read only
    I think Kristen's idea is sweet, and if it leads to a few (or several) people meeting up for a special day I think it deserves some thought and merit.

As I said in a previous thread, I don't think I would be brave enough to go along, but I can certainly see that some here are braver than me...
    Last edited by Sharon; 05-03-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: removed reference to deleted post

Some nice ideas Kristen
    I would definatily get involved in the events, but i,m no organiser!!

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    For you to be able to promote this on a larger scale, allow for support walks, fund raisers, etc. you need to start a not-for-profit organization that is seen as a legal and federally recognized establishment. This allows for event planning and distribution of funds to appropriate individuals as needed.

You might wish to begin a bit smaller though to see the response you'll get and to receive advice on a broader scale. I suggest starting a website, link to some of the other major CDing sites and forums and begin recruiting there. When you have enough of a response, you can then elect to become an organization and appoint board members (executives) to handle the majority of the work necessary.

There's a lot to creating such organizations but there's a lot of benefits to them as well. If you want more information, let me know and I'd be happy to help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

There already are many transgender organizations in the US and world wide. Wikipedia has a long list of them. The groups range from social to support to politically active. I don't know that we need more organizations, we should support the existing ones.

I have not supported any TG organizations in the past but I will soon go back to the list and find one or two to support.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I'm up for anything as long as it's in another town, from where I live.

These gay parades would be great. Maybe we ought to organise into like a CD contingent. A block of GM's in frocks. Not trying to separate us. But to show that we are many.