Thread: alone is bad

alone is bad

I live on the gulf coast and cannot find anyone or any group to share my cd with. It almost makes me want to cry. Why get dressed with no where to go? Is having someplace to go as important to all cd's, or just me?

Quote Originally Posted by veronica1955 View Post
    I live on the gulf coast and cannot find anyone or any group to share my cd with. It almost makes me want to cry. Why get dressed with no where to go? Is having someplace to go as important to all cd's, or just me?
    I don't know anything specific about your location, but I'm quite sure of two things:
    1. There is somewhere for you to go -- a nightclub or bar, a quiet place to eat, a place to shop, somewhere -- if not in your town, in a nearby city.
    2. There are other crossdressers in your vicinity. They're harder to find in some places than others, but if you keep at it you'll find someone. Sometimes it just takes time and persistence.

Why get dressed with no where to go? Is having someplace to go as important to all cd's, or just me?
    Validation of our femininity from other people is important to lots of us..

To start with, plan some visits to local GLB venues? Look at travelling further afield to some of the annual events like Southern Comfort, Fantasia Fair, etc?

Posting your location on your profile might help, too - and do a search on the members list (use the advanced search function and use location) to find others near you?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Yeah it is nice to have at least one other CD friend. It may not even be the whole basis of your friendship but it is a friend nonetheless, one you don't have to hide anything from.

But yeah just do web searches for crossdresser support groups in your town or a closeby one [if your own town is really small and unlikely to have one]

Search "gay clubs".

You see, us CDs are sometimes hard to find but once you know how and where to find us, you will find plenty of prospects for new friends.

Where are you from, there is always a Tri-Ess group around somewhere.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

There must be a Tri-Ess somewhat nearby. It is likely wortht he few hour drive. Atlanta is an awesome community with lots of support.
    Alex Forbes
    Faux Femme
    Flickr Page

I agree that being alone is not good but not dressing is much worse.

SueAnn

"The Gulf Coast" covers roughly 1500 miles of Oceanfront Property. We need you to be a little more specific than that! The State you live in would be a start. Trust me, if you say for example, Mississippi....we still won't be able to figure out who you are, you won't get outed!

I personally am involved with two Tri Ess Groups in Florida "On the Gulf Coast," there are numerous Texas Chapters "On The Gulf Coast," and I'll bet there are dozens of other support groups all along the way.

Have you done a Google Search for cities that are near to you. That would be a start. If you really can't find anything, maybe it's time you started a group yourself.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS. But wait, perhaps we misunderstand. We assume you mean The Gulf of mexico. Maybe your on The Gulf of California, or The Gulf of Oman. Repeating.....we need you to be more specific!
    Last edited by sterling12; 05-03-2008 at 12:12 PM.

hun i know the feeling
    im the only one from south africa and feels s@#$%ty
    pm me and we can chat
    hugz adelle

Aspiring Member
    Veronica: I didn't meet another crossdresser (that I knew of) until I was in my 50's. Even just finding this site was a huge help. The other girls are right... use google and try to find a Tri-Ess or something nearby.

Gone
    Yes,

But don't be too sad. The whole 'going places' question is the big one, and the gulf coast sounds warm.

Sophia

P.s. I think I might sneak out tomorrow; for the very first time [wish me luck].

Get more involved on this Forum, lets us know MORE about you
    and pretty soon someone with like interests will
    PM (Private Message) you.

And yes, a TRI-ESS group should be within driving distance.
    If not, start one!

Again, we DON'T know you!
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Seville[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adelle;
    hun i know the feeling
    im the only one from south africa and feels s@#$%ty
    pm me and we can chat
    hugz adelle
    No you are not!

Edwina

dear Veronica,
    it sure is pretty lonely. good thing we've all found this site.
    and, as you've been reminded, i bet you have options not too far away!
    wishing you the best,
    jessie
    Quote Originally Posted by SueAnncd View Post
    I agree that being alone is not good but not dressing is much worse.

SueAnn
    butterfly girl,
    [SIZE="3"]Jessie[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

when i have a brand new hairdo
    with my eyelashes all in curls
    i float as the clouds on air do
    i enjoy being a girl!

o. hammerstein - flower drum song

thanks As soon as I can figure out how to pm I will as soon as I can find the time

I'm in alabama, near Pensacola florida.

OK Veronica, now we have some information. Probably the nearest Tri-Ess Group to you would be in Atlanta. Or your welcome to make contact with my Group in Tampa, Tri-Beta. Unfortunately, that's a pretty good drive for you to either location. It will have to be your choice.

There was talk of starting a Group in Tallahassee, but I don't believe it is active. The good news....I'll bet that there are support groups in Pensacola and Tallahassee, just not Tri-Ess Groups. You need to start checking The Internet and with other GLBT organizations in your area. Probably, someone will know of a local group and get you started.

Back to the bad news. You can't PM until you get 10 regular messages posted. It's an old rule that just about every newbie misses, I know I did. Give us a PM when you get to ten, and good luck!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I have the same problem but I live in Englewood Fl my wife passed away a year ago so there is no one for me to get done for

Alone is bad yes indeed, but some of us have gotten used to it unfortunately.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Another way of looking at the question is if being alone were less an issue, sites like this probably wouldn't exist.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I am not sure if this will get deleted or not , or if I violate any rules , so i apologize in advance, but google urnotalone and look up Alabama and check to see if anyone lives in your area and send them a note, either that or go to meeting section here and post something, I am sure there may be a person or two from your neck of the woods

wow, all this support! I am glad to be a part of this group! This is one of the best displays of human compassion I have seen in a long time. Every one here ROCKS! (in a good way)