Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Job application. Do I or don't I

Thank you honey, I really appreciate that.

Love Mona xx.

gendertalk covered this issue. the host once lied on a job app, and she didn't get the job because they found out she lied "anyone can google a name these days". it's a touchy issue and there really isn't a 100% answer.

Night of the living thread!!!

Hiya, sorry to be resurrecting the thread yet again, but I just wanted to update you all.

Today I had my interview!!!! I was dressed up smart, which for me is a very uncomfortable thing, boys clothes are rubbish!!! I wore a nice pink tie, which made me feel a bit better, but I was very self-conscious. I toned the make-up right down to just a hint of mascara and painted my nails with clear varnish. Apart from my over-plucked eyebrows I could easily be mistaken for a man.

The interview itself was mercifully short and, luckily, quite sweet. I was 'done' by two ladies who were very nice, laughed at my jokes and asked me easy questions that I could actually answer. I was a bit dry in the mouth but managed to talk away quite happily. I think it went well. I certainly feel happy about the way it all went. I will probably find out if I got it at the end of the month, when I do find out, good or bad, I'll let you all know.

Thank you for your help getting me through all this I appreciate all the kind words and de-stressing that I've received since, well since joining the forum really.

Thank you

Mona xx.

Hi Mona!

Sounds as if things went very well. Yes, time will tell. Good luck and hope you get an offer!

*BIG WARM HUGGLES*
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Sounds like you did just fine. Now get back to being Mona !!!

Thanks Stephanie,

The worst bit is over (from my point of view), so now it is in the hands of fate (crosses fingers, touches wood, avoids stepping on the cracks in the pavement).

Love Mona xx.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda-x
    Sounds like you did just fine. Now get back to being Mona !!!
    Lol, way ahead of you Linda, as soon as I got home,the boy stuff was gone. The pink tie was nice but not nice enough!! Back in my cropped trousers and fitted t-shirt and feeling much better, thank you, and I am feeling a lot less stressed out than I have been for the past week or so.

Love Mona xx.

Hi Mona,

Sounds like things went well and you can dress how you wish now.We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you also.
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Thank you Priscilla, I appreciate that.

Love Mona xx.

Pink tie?

You did wear red shoes right. After all you taught me. Or should it be pink shoes?

I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Pink tie?

You did wear red shoes right. After all you taught me. Or should it be pink shoes?

I forget.
    Honey, you match your shoes to your legs, so it is black shoes and trousers, NO RED!!!!!! White shirt, pink tie, it's not rocket science.

Love Mona x.

Oh god.
    So NOW I have to find pale white hairy shoes?

Is there no end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie York
    Oh god.
    So NOW I have to find pale white hairy shoes?

Is there no end to it.
    Lol, you know what I mean silly girl, and anyway ewwwwwwwwwwww hairy legs!!!!!!!!!

Mona x.

Good luck Mona, though I'm sure you don't need it.
    DonnaT

Tristen Cox
    Quote Originally Posted by MonaSmith
    Hiya, sorry to be resurrecting the thread yet again, but I just wanted to update you all.

Today I had my interview!!!! I was dressed up smart, which for me is a very uncomfortable thing, boys clothes are rubbish!!! I wore a nice pink tie, which made me feel a bit better, but I was very self-conscious. I toned the make-up right down to just a hint of mascara and painted my nails with clear varnish. Apart from my over-plucked eyebrows I could easily be mistaken for a man.

The interview itself was mercifully short and, luckily, quite sweet. I was 'done' by two ladies who were very nice, laughed at my jokes and asked me easy questions that I could actually answer. I was a bit dry in the mouth but managed to talk away quite happily. I think it went well. I certainly feel happy about the way it all went. I will probably find out if I got it at the end of the month, when I do find out, good or bad, I'll let you all know.

Thank you for your help getting me through all this I appreciate all the kind words and de-stressing that I've received since, well since joining the forum really.

Thank you

Mona xx.
    Sounds good so far. Let us know when you get it. Notice I said when

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I think it's frickin awesome that it even asks that.
    I've never heard of that on an app.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

Mona

No matter how the interview comes out, I'm sure that you'll make the best pf it. Hey, I have an idea... WE could hire you as our manager in charge of style and class!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

I can well underarestand you are feeling less stressed;now you can relax a bit and be yourself. Take care and let us know the outcome in due course.Best wishes Susanmaid

Smile

Hi Mona,

Firstly, good luck.

If the two women were chatting and joking with you then you obviously had a rapport with them straight away which is excellent. It sounds like you were a good candidate and they'll probably remember you as being open and friendly.

Fingers crossed for you.

Mark.

Hiya,

Thank you Donna, I'll take all the extra help I can get at the moment

Tristen, I wish I had half of your confidence, thanks honey.

Ibuki (can I call you Ibuki?) It came as a shock to me too, but It can only mean that we're heading in the right direction, right?

Ahhh, so sweet, thank you loads Holly.

Susanmaid, I am almost back to my normal silly self, thank you.

Hi Marko, thank you for the good luck wish. I have spoken to a few others that had interviews for the same positions and I seem to be the most positive about it, I think that I was lucky to get the interviewers that I did, I usually click with women much faster than with men, can't think why, and I think that it helped me to relax and be myself a bit more, if that is a good thing!!

I'll keep you all informed as I hear stuff.

Thank you all

Mona xx.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonaSmith
    Hi all,

OK, so I am sitting here with a job application form in front of me and I'm after a few opinions.

The job is a permanent position in the Home Office, where I am currently working as agency staff. The job itself isn't a problem, I have been doing it for just over a year, the problem is the application form.

As part of the Equal opportunities scheme there is a little questionaire in the back, the usual, race, religion, age, gender thing. There is also a little box headed GENDER IDENTITY and under it it says "If you identify as transexual or transgender (in that you have effected a permanent change of gender identity) or as an intersex, which group do you identify with?" Then there are three tick boxes: Transexual, Transgender, Intersex.

As some of you know, I am out to a few, if not most (office gossip spreads fast where I work), people at work, including my manager and her manager. I wear mascara on a daily basis (which I thought was quite subtle and unnoticed until yesterday, but that's another story) and always have my nails painted, and quite frankly am not exactly masculine in my mannerisms.

So do I tick the box, and make it official? I don't think that it will make any difference to my job prospects as the Government is very (over?) sensitive to 'diversity issues'. I'm just not sure about the "in that you have effected a permanent change" bit. What the hell does that mean? I pluck my eyebrows but they do keep trying to grow back!!! Do I have to chop something off to be transgendered?

Any ideas, thoughts, insults, jokes (you know that you want to Julie) to help a girl out?

Thanks

Mona xx.
    Mona,

I would read the permanent change bit as you HAVE transitioned.

Knowing the way society and our legal system here in the UK is getting like, you would probably be very well advised to tick the box because you will probably make it to the top in a matter of a year or two, cos they'll be scared that you'll take them to a tribunal then the eurpean court of human rights if you don't make the top!!!!!!!

Forever the optimist

Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Anne_0
    Mona,

I would read the permanent change bit as you HAVE transitioned.

Knowing the way society and our legal system here in the UK is getting like, you would probably be very well advised to tick the box because you will probably make it to the top in a matter of a year or two, cos they'll be scared that you'll take them to a tribunal then the eurpean court of human rights if you don't make the top!!!!!!!

Forever the optimist

Anne
    The box is ticked, the dice are thrown. I hope that you are right honey . I wonder if I could go all the way up to Queen?

Mona xx.

***newsflash***

Hi again ladies,

Had a lousy, miserable day at work today, so much so that my manager practically ordered me to go home early, and told me to go shopping on the way home and buy myself something pretty to cheer myself up (I'm wearing my new earings as I type this). When I got home I found a letter. It reads:

"Thank you for attending an interview for the above post. I am very pleased to inform you that you have been recommended for the appointment. This is subject to the satisfactory completion of the pre-appointment enquiries which will be undertaken by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND)

Your application details have now been passed to the IND. They will be in touch with you as soon as possible, to confirm whether they are able to offer you employment."

There you go then, another step closer to my goal, WORLD DOMINATION!!!!! MWAHAHA HAHAHA(breath)HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Love Mona xx

Whoa whoa whoa!!!!!!!!!! Yay Mona!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the weekend.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Julie
    Congratulations Mona this is wonderful news I hope all the final details are completed quickly.

Must be something in the air as I too had a rotten day at work, my employers though are not the type to say take the rest of the day off. :mad:

~Julie~