Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CD Suspect at large.

In the closet - for now. Shadeauxmarie's Avatar

CD Suspect at large.

Yesterday, I was in a Walgreens.

At the check out, the man in front of me bought several disparate items, including Leggs pantyhose.(milk, bread, spatula, paper, candybar, etc.)

The EXACT type of purchase I have made in the past to cover for buying pantyhose for myself.

I was shocked when I came to the realization. Were my purchases so telling? Or do I just have heightened awareness?
    May you live long and prosper.
    Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.
    "Smiling makes my face ache." F. N. Furter

Aspiring Member
    Spatula? ? ?

That is a strange coincidence!

I wonder how many of us have tried to fool ourselves into thinking that the "shopping list from the wife" method really fools anyone.

I always wonder if that guy behind me in line will scope out my purchases... now I'll be wondering if it's you behind me in line!

Interesting. When I need pantyhose, I go into a women's wear shop and buy them. If you were behind me at the checkout, you'd definitely be suspicious because I wouldn't also be buying bread or milk or even a spatula. But then I'd be suspicious of you if you were behind me in the queue...
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

What am I going to do with all these spatulas?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

For gods sakes don't buy a spatula! The "I'm buying off a list for my wife" gambit does not work anymore. What you must do, is to balance the feminine items on your list with masculine ones. A quart of motor oil can balance a pair of pantyhose, but to cover a skirt or dress you may have to buy an air conditioner, at least 9,000 btu!

-Christine

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Buy pantyhose and GOLF BALLS...tell the cashier it's okay, the golfballs are for your wife. ROFLMAO now.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

I buy my pantihose at the grocery store, they carry the brand I like and in my large size.

One day the lady at the checkout said, "Do you think they'll fit?" I replied, "I hope so."

Getting men in the store for grocery shopping is a chore in and of itself, it seems, so buying pantihose on top of groceries is quite telling.
    DonnaT

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    What am I going to do with all these spatulas?
    You know what? You and I just don't seem to read each other. I need spatulas. You should have known this trannie T.

NOW, yes it is true, many still-nervous CD do buy other things to cover up the real purchase. Yes it is obvious.

Shadeauxmarie, the polite way to handle the situation would have been to blurt out "Buying pantyhose I see... mmmm hmmm!"

It may sound silly, but many times in the past I have been to the store to buy feminine 'things' for my SO and I never thought anything of it--because they REALLY were for her. However, whenever I bought any of the same things for myself I always felt a bit nervous because someone else might see and my secret would be out. Now I just buy whatever without giving it a second thought. And yes that shade of lipstick will look great on me!

And what's worse is that once school lets out, it'll be the high school students behind the register all day and night......at least you can carry on a conversation with an older sales clerk...
    Kristen

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine XX View Post
    For gods sakes don't buy a spatula! The "I'm buying off a list for my wife" gambit does not work anymore.
    I think you can only get away with it on sexy underwear, best just before valentines; they do the thinking for you. But how many of these do you want [no need to answer]

But what self-respecting girl would allow her boyfriend to choose anything else for her; like us they love clothes shopping.

Sophia
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 05-06-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by Christine XX View Post
    For gods sakes don't buy a spatula! The "I'm buying off a list for my wife" gambit does not work anymore. What you must do, is to balance the feminine items on your list with masculine ones. A quart of motor oil can balance a pair of pantyhose, but to cover a skirt or dress you may have to buy an air conditioner, at least 9,000 btu!

-Christine
    Jeezus, just GO BUY WHAT YOU WANT. People don't care that much what you're buying. It's YOUR LIFE don't give a **** about what others may be thinking.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

What kind of spatula?

Queens size or regular?

I agree with Karen. Who gives a rip, especially if it's some kid behind the counter. What do I care what he or she thinks of me? I'm wearing a wedding ring; the things I buy might well be for her. I bought a bra once, along with some other items I actually did need. The clerk said she didn't usually see guys buying bras. I told her my wife and I were going out that night, she was home getting ready, and discovered that the dog had ripped up her good bra. It took some real coaxing from her to get me to run out and get her one. I had the shopping list in hand for proof. And the dog would pay in spades! Yeah, that fooled her! Sure! Whatever. I really don't care much in the long run. I'm going to get my girl stuff anyway, no matter what. So we might as well just go buy it. Whether you're read or not, you're going to buy it anyway.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Funny Because It's True

[SIZE=3]I certainly could have been that guy not so long ago. Now I just say to myself "screw it" and go buy what I want. The other day I bought some foundation and an eyebrow pencil. The lady at the till thought that I was wonderful for buying my wife makeup. Apparently, in all her years of marriage, her husband never bought any for her. She didn't think I was a crossdresser, but the greatest husband on earth! [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by danielle_from_cal View Post
    [SIZE=3]I certainly could have been that guy not so long ago. Now I just say to myself "screw it" and go buy what I want. [/SIZE]
    I agree, danielle . . . I quit buying things that I did not want at the time and just bought what I wanted. Panties, bras, skirts, etc. I may have recieved some strange looks, but I have also gotten some great smiles along the way, and they make it all worth it. If a SA eludes that it is for me, I admit it, and the smiles just keep on coming. You only live once, so enjoy it to the hilt!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

This one's too easy!

U can buy ANYTHING at drug stores, as long as u buy condoms at the same time. That seems to stop all conversation with clerks AND/OR other customers in line!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Shopping revealed!

A few days ago,I had the most wonderful shopping experience.After shopping a few stores with the usual made-up reason for being there,I went into a lingerie/sex toy store and when asked "Something for your so?"I answered "no,shopping for me."
    I got the best service and advice on what would look great and was encouraged to come back.(I also got the most beautiful sheer babydoll,just what I was there for,and some garter belts and stockings).
    Getting a feel for the store atmosphere and ad-libbing from there can open wonderful opportunities and you're more likely to go home with clothes that fit,and are comfy.

You know when I was trying to rebuild a new wardrobe I found myself still feeling apprehensive about shopping for femme stuff.I really didn't care what the cashiers thought,it was just my own fear of how different it felt,so I threw those extra items in my basket because it helped to calm me down.Usually the extra items were something I really needed and it did calm me down.

I agree with the girls who say "who cares", but if your after makeup and pantyhose and don't mind buying it a a big grocery store, you can always use the self service check out and no one will be looking. Where I shop theres usual no one behind you who might give you a look when you swipe that lipstick over the scanner. Just a thought.

Hugs, Janice

Banned Read only
    I don't care anymore. I just buy what I want. But I do use the self checkout if possible.
    I once bought a 4 pak of NoNonsense pantyhose, on sale. The cashier said it was a good price. I just said they make an excellent strainer for wine making. I told her you fill up one of the legs with grapes or other fruit, and start twisting tighter and tighter, to squeeze the juice out. I think she bought it. I don't know squat about wine making.
    Last edited by Melinda G; 05-05-2008 at 09:41 PM.

I saw a guy in wal mart one night looking despartely for some pantyhose. He was using the she's on the phone and i'm looking technique. It was obvious. I wanted to tell him feel free, no one cares.

wow was that in Florida?

wow that might have been me! I have used the phone trick before. But the phone trick really works at the check out counter. The clerk will be more interested in your phone conversation than what he or she is ringing up.

I always think who cares but i know i care. I don't look what ppl are buying normally but i did see a guy grabbing some dresses at ross and buying them once.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now