Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmen Question Only -- Visible indicators of age?

Happenin' Train Wreck Sonia Kiss's Avatar

Transmen Question Only -- Visible indicators of age?

Hi guys,

I found all of your answers to "your age?" fascinating, but also fascinating was what was missing from the answers--hardly any mention of any physical specifics. Can you back up your claims of "looking younger" by saying what visible signs you think make you look younger?

Sonia
    Last edited by Sonia Kiss; 05-06-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Public journal at wordpress.com: soniakeys.wordpress.com

Platinum Member
    I can back it up by the fact not one person has EVER said I look my age....especially since cutting my hair short!

People are stunned when i tell them im 31 this year

When your face squares off from testosterone, you have less lines.
    Ever The Opportunist

It's one of the things of being trans, I think. Younger men and most women tend to have similar features - rounder faces, less hair, smoother jawline, etc. There's also the factor that a lot of us retain some things from living as women, that some younger men do but not older ones - piercings are a major one I've noticed.

You look at pictures of trans guys and it's obvious pretty quick that we don't look our age. I look 14 on a good day (I've been told that by other people) even though I'm 21, and I've seen guys into their 30's that still look like teenagers.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

Someone guessed my age correctly today so I suppose whatever visible age indicator I emit is dead on. Or maybe I just got lucky.
    Story of my life –>

Hi Sonia, haven't seen you in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    It's one of the things of being trans, I think. Younger men and most women tend to have similar features - rounder faces, less hair, smoother jawline, etc.
    What he said.

I think I look my age, but many people think I'm younger.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i plably dont look 22 but i feel and haev been told i act very hunch older then i am..

but the military will age your body about 5 yrs for every yr you've been in.

I've noticed most of us don't have our pics in our avatars anymore but, if it helps with visible proof, mine is to the left and I'm 28 years old. Most say I look like I'm 16.
    Vampires are real, just not how you picture them to be.

Women (I don't know the technical term.. just..born women) have higher cheek bones then men (born men).

This is actually one of the most telling features I've been able to figure out from staring at the faces of men and women on the subway (my favourite pastime) trying to figure out concrete differences. Women's cheek bones tend to be a lot higher. They also have more chub in them then a (born) man the same age.

Because of the high cheek bones/chub FTMs tend to have, our cheeks appear to still have that bit of baby chub on them. That baby face look can knock as much as 20 years off an FTMs age.

Eveyone says I look about 16. I'm 21.

Also, our throats look only to have slightly defined Adam's apples, our bodies without any hair, and our voices tend to be higher, just like pre pubescent boys and young men :P Not to mention we lack the natural muscle definition (born)men tend to get.
    Last edited by sparro; 06-02-2008 at 03:21 PM.

I was pretty much going to say what Sparro said. Plus look at my avatar. Would you guess I'm 34? hehe

Ditto to what Sparro & Taylor said....check My avatar, would you believe I am almost 38?

Daniel
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    I was pretty much going to say what Sparro said. Plus look at my avatar. Would you guess I'm 34? hehe
    14 maybe? , i can remember when you joined Tamara almost banned you for look so young lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    14 maybe? , i can remember when you joined Tamara almost banned you for look so young lol
    I know... transmen q only... but I just wanted to say... it was 12 and yes, I almost banned Taylor for being underage... ok.. please don't slap me for posting in this thread (I'm not answering the question)...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    ok.. please don't slap me for posting in this thread (I'm not answering the question)...
    Soooooo tempted . . .

Most of us do look younger, but I think I actually look my age, though on occasion I have been mistaken for younger. It's especially funny to some see people do a double-take when I tell 'em how old my son is.

No age jokes, Kieron . . . you tried to make me older last week!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post

No age jokes, Kieron . . . you tried to make me older last week!
    purposely done!!

Are you guys kidding me??? You never told me that you thought I was underage!! You varmints!! LOL I guess I should feel honored. But it did suck trying to buy alcohol and getting carded and then having the damned lady tell me she thought my license was FAKE!! I was like um....look at this gray streak in my hair!! She sold it to me. Of course that was a big mistake. I can't drink anymore unless I want to die mixing it with my meds!

When I'm presenting 'male,' folks tend to peg me somewhere between 17 and 22; I'm 31. However, at my college, with a more andro kind of dressing style (and sometimes nonbound boobs), people tend to assume I'm a professor, not a student.

You be the judge (photo courtesy of Deja True; click for larger):

I think it's partially lack of obvious facial lines, for which I have my matriline's genes to thank -- we tend to look late-twenties for about 45 years (and I started at 13 being confused for a grad student).

However, any bornmale with as little facial hair as I have is VERY likely to be under 25. Probably a lot under. :->

Well I was underage when I first signed up here, with my photo as my avatar, and no one twigged. So maybe I look older than I am? But probably not.
    Come on goats, time to go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Well I was underage when I first signed up here, with my photo as my avatar, and no one twigged. So maybe I look older than I am? But probably not.
    I think no one twigged 'cause you sound more mature than the average teen. I assumed you just looked younger, like most of the guys here.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    ah but you werent 'that' much underage and i agree with Lex you do come across older

Woo-hoo! It's so nice to hear that I don't sound like a teenager. Teenagers are such idiots. :P
    Come on goats, time to go home!

Hey!! What is that supposed to mean? That I acted young and stupid? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DanielMacBride View Post
    Ditto to what Sparro & Taylor said....check My avatar, would you believe I am almost 38?

Daniel

I've met Daniel ~ and he looks about 25 - .......... the swine !

Last edited by Suzy Harrison; 06-21-2008 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Harrison View Post

I've met Daniel ~ and he looks about 25 - .......... the swine !

OINK!
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Well people used to think I was no more than late twenties but I think stress and crisis has taken its toll now. I'm 36 soon.....what do you think guys?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hey you with the pretty face welcome to the human race, a celebration, Mr. Blue Sky's up there waiting and today is the day we've waited for.

Rapidly becoming a Gender Equality Duty expert (Europe)