Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Permission & why do I need It?

Permission & why do I need It?

Permission and why do I need it, when I got married 24 yrs ago my wife did not have pierced ears she does now 2 in each, but she did shave her legs and underarms. Not once did she consult me or ask my permission.
    So why is it that if I want to have my right ear pierced, I had my left one done when I was 18 or to shave any part of my body other then my face, I need to ask her permission first, but then I know the answer even before I ask, a big fat “No”.
    Even my daughter who is only 17 shaves her underarms and legs, but I don’t remember her asking my permission.
    What is it with women that they can do what they like to they bodies all in the name of beauty, but we men still have to look like hairy Neanderthals.
    Talk about double standards.
    Sophie Mosley

Gone
    I never did dig the permission thing - Spose that's why I'm single.

Actually, being repressed for years came from me needing permission of society.

Turns out they never had much to offer, so stuff their permission.

Might not work with your wife and you, admittedly.

Permission?

You don,t need to ask...
    Be your own person
    I,ve never asked anyone for permission to do anything, i just do whatever i like, provided it isn,t illegal or nobody gets hurt.
    Mind you...That,s probably part of the reason i,m getting divorced!!!

The Only.....

The only part I don't shave is my legs (but I'm working on that!) I agree be a niki and just do it!
    Lover of all things Satin
    Luv Satinpeta

Banned Read only
    its your body, no one has rights to it but you. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you need "permission".

It's the 1st sign of a controlling relationship.

A couple months ago I went out of town for some training and decided to get rid of the hair. It was great.

Now I am back "in my rut" and it is all growing back and I hate it. It is as bad as purging. Maybe it is worse. But can I really get rid of the hair and still take the kids to the pool?

Arggh.

[SIZE=2]<makes some popcorn and finds a comfy seat... this is gonna be interesting>[/SIZE]
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

This is why I don't have a girlfriend or put my hand in marriage. Being your own person is better than having to ask your wife,either way as selfish as it may sound, I'd have done it anyways without her permission.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by JennyRotten View Post
    This is why I don't have a girlfriend or put my hand in marriage. Being your own person is better than having to ask your wife,either way as selfish as it may sound, I'd have done it anyways without her permission.

To quote Tom Waits, 'Don't have to ask permission if I want to go out fishin, never have to ask for the keys', [From better off without a wife].

Oh yea, 'I can sleep in to the crack of noon, mightnite howling at the moon...'

Who said you have to ask permission? Did your wife say that? Perhaps your assuming that you have to ask permission.

These days piercing your ears is not a real big deal. If you were going for SRS; that would be a big deal, and probably worthy of a consult with your hubby. After all it would effect her in a major way. Piercing your ears is not going to be a major change. In fact if you don't keep the holes open, they usually close back up. But, perhaps you are using your Pierced Ears as an illustrative example.

You are an adult, and although it can sometimes be a proper thing to show courtesy to your spouse, and keep her informed....you are not obligated to always spill your guts about every personal decision you make.

If you choose to have other people make every decision for you and grant permission, then you probably have only yourself to blame. If you don't like the feeling, time to "butch up" and stop it from happening.

Peace and Love, Joanie

It is always easier to explain than it is to ask permission.

Just do it!

Dominance

I can't even begin to tally the number of times that I have heard G women saying the same things about "Mr. Hubby/ Or BF. They were almost like little girls asking "daddy" if it was OK to do this or that. It may have given them a sense of security at first to be "overlorded", but as they matured, it became silly, and oppressive.

Funny this should come up about asking permission. My wife has always had the mindset of 'It's your body.'

I've had my left ear pierce since I was a teen. Recently I had my right pierced for the first time as well as had another hole pierced in my left. My wife accompanied me when I had it done and it amused both of us when the gal doing the piercing looked to my wife and asked her with a puzzled look on her face, 'You're ok with this?' As if she had to give her consent.

I think for the older generation it goes back to being a queer if you wore an earring in the right ear. I remember when I was a teen you didn't dare pierce your right ear unless you wanted to be labeled a fag. Then in my twenties it was alright to have your right ear pierced so long as you wore one more in your left ear than in the right. Today, I don't think it even matters.
    "Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. Are you going to grow flowers or weeds?" author unknown.

[SIZE=2]Welcome to Societal Norms 101. No, your daughter did not ask your permission to shave her legs. However, if your wife stopped shaving her underarms or her legs, I think you'd have a thing or two to say about it. If your daughter did not shave her legs, I think ol' Dad would sit her down and have a chat with her...or you'd get your wife to do it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It's not about permission. It's about compromise. Marriage is about compromise. It doesn't have to be a great big huge compromise, but to get anything in this life, you have to give a little.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Women shave their legs; men don't. That's the norm. That's the way modern society evolved. There are exceptions to this rule. But most people who live in this modern society are thoroughly programmed (brainwashed?) by it. Your wife shaves her legs, but isn't down with you doing it because she grew up believing that that's what's normal, and that's the way it ought to be. She doesn't want you shaving your legs because men aren't supposed to shave their legs. After all, why do you want to, to wear pantyhose? To look better in a dress or a skirt? Men aren't supposed to wear any of that, either.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]If you want to pierce your ears, go ahead. That barrier has been pretty well broken down. But you cannot expect your wife to like it just because you do. She has pierced her ears because our society deems it permissable for her to do so, not because she deems it permissable.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]It's not women's fault that things are the way they are for men. It's men's fault. Women wear pants because they took the right to do so. If you want to shave your legs, the only way you are going to get the societal permission to do so is to go ahead and just shave them. You have to take that right.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Round one

WHY ...because she married a ** MAN** or so she thought !!! men are not supposed to shave every where or cross the "gender lines" .. you should know that.. look at this from her point of view . besides when you married she became the boss thats why
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well stated

very well stated marla even makes sense to me caryn

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    [SIZE=2]<makes some popcorn and finds a comfy seat... this is gonna be interesting>[/SIZE]
    Sits next to holly, hey dont hog the popcorn

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia KT View Post
    I never did dig the permission thing - Spose that's why I'm single.

Actually, being repressed for years came from me needing permission of society.

Turns out they never had much to offer, so stuff their permission.

Might not work with your wife and you, admittedly.
    amen , you took the words right out of my mouth

Deanna2 has it right: it's easier to get forgiveness than permission. Quit giving her a choice you don't want her to take.

Silver Member
    It seems that I have heard the 'permission' word millions of times in my life and each time I hear it I do a slow burn inside that I just hate. Most of my male friends are married and have to ask thier wife for permission to do the things in thier life that I take for granted. If I ask a friend to join the guys in a Friday night poker game and get the answer " I will ask the wife for permission" it just irks me. If I ask a friend to go on a fishing outing on a Saturday afternoon and get the response " I will ask the wife for permission" I think get a backbone and live your own life. These same "men" would never have the balls to suggest shaving thier legs or getting thier ears pierced to thier wife. As for myself I was married for 23 years and never had to ask permission for any thing. Then as now I do whatever I want, within the limits of the law, and only have pity for the spineless men who need permission to even leave the house. Shaving legs and piercing ears? Don't make me laugh!!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

for me, it's called partnership

I guess I'm in a different universe, but my wife and I attempt to please each other. She and my daughter both wanted me to have a pierced ear. I was ok with it so did it. I wanted her to have pierced ears, and she did it. Her hair is the color I like, and it goes on and on. The word "permission" is not in the lexicon. Our worlds revolve around each other and it only gets better. Dressing pleases me, and my wife is my #1 supporter. It seems consistent.

tina

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    Sits next to holly, hey dont hog the popcorn
    I'm gonna get a diet soda... ya want one?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    Heh heh heh. I thought I was the only one. Now that's what I call a support group!

The death of a thousand cuts, aka "The Soul Sucker 1000"

[SIZE="2"]In a World of Compromise...
    Some Men don't.

Huntress[/SIZE]

Don't you people ever talk to each other?
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.