Thread: Names

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.

Names

Hi there. Well, since I'm a sort of veteran TV (have been consistantly dressing blokey since the age of nine or ten), I've never really thought about having a bloke's name. It's never been that important, I guess. I'm just wondering if some of you guys do, or how important you think it is. My real name is Courtney, although I have almost always gone by a nickname. Occasionally I would introduce myself as Alex, if I knew I was never to see the person again. Courtney is a kind of unisex name, but I don't really like it all that much.
    What do you think about Abraxas as just a name? I mean, it's my stage name but I was wondering what you thought of it, or this whole subject in general. But if I were to come up to you and introduce myself as Abraxas, would you think it was an odd name, or ask me its origin or something? And if I were asked its origin, do you think I should give them my real name (whoever asked, that is)?
    Just wondering...

Oh, and I just got a haircut and feel spectacular. It's your typical "bloke- who- hasn't- cut- his- hair- in- ages" shag- do. My mum wouldn't cut it any shorter... But I really quite like it.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Cool, thanks
    I might actually go by Demian, since some people call me that anyway... Maybe I'll change it daily just to throw people.
    Really, though, I'm just trying to pass in public, os a name isn't all that important.
    I do like Robert...
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

On The Scene 4 Your Dream Daisy Lace's Avatar

Thumbs up keep name

Hi Abraxas!
    I really like the name Abraxas for either image or viewpoint it is more unique than the others;although if you wish to portray a masculine image choose definately masculine name.I really like the name Abraxas,is it from a science fiction movie or series seems to be slightly familiar....is one Star Trek movie character's name?
    Haircut views interesting,mine opposite always had to fight to have long hair.
    Was in army cadets when fad was long,was hippie type when fad was short!
    Hate short hair really,but big girl with mannish garb and boy cut hair really got me excited in every way as she treated me real well!Kneeled and kissed my hand,TWICE! separate times,still dream of sitting in her lap,got the idea of this lap dancing remembering him/her,was like big boy real kind and actually worshiped me! How could I or anyone resist?
    Love you two,Love Daisy Lace

The name is actually from a book by Hermann Hesse, called Demian.
    Abraxas is a made- up God and religion that encompasses good and evil, yin and yang, male and female. Fab!
    It also has something to do with Greek mythology.
    And the word "abaracadabara" comes from "abraxas".

Well my real name is Regena and my middle name is Melissa...I use Mel cause well that is kinda unisex....When I met my husband..Now ex husband...he didn't like the name Mel and that's what everyone at work was calling me..He kinda "changed" it back to Regena.....So alot of the people I know now call me Regena and well I really hate that name....and I told him...but what does he know....oh well
    oh...
    I have had people call me Reggie....
    Mel

Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

On The Scene 4 Your Dream Daisy Lace's Avatar

Thumbs up names

Hi Everyone!
    Dear Guys,Abraxas and JustMeBear;
    I want to express gratitude to you two for great insight,intelligence and perspective to the forum and really value all posts,contributions by both of you,plese keep it up!
    Names,great info concerning your name Abraxas,JustMeBear(Mel);have to say I really like name JustMeBear,real warm, friendly,and inviting! Mel is also good,friendly but again can be both I suppose.I was thinking this:TO NAME ONESELF=POWER! To NAME yourself is real power,personal identity power,or empowerment in more today's terms.
    I chose Daisy Lace as is real femme name;and I thought the design on many slips edges and langerie was "daisy lace" pattern.Daisy means literally "Day's Eye",but yet I switch this when thinking and speaking,to "Eye of the Day",somehow,subconsciously I think.
    Anyway,thanks evryone,love Daisy Lace

Thanks very much!
    That's very sweet of you
    :x

Abraxas

The version I got (which may or may not have any foundation) is that in certain ancient religions: before there was differentiation in to male and female, light and dark, good and evil, the sun and the moon, yin and yang, etc. - there was just Abraxas.

It's also the name of a groundbreaking album by Santana.
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Thanks very much
    Groovy definitions!