Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being a short guy...

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar

Being a short guy...

A comment by Ashley in Jersey (sorry, Virginia) and talking to a CDer friend I met last week made me think of this...

I always hated how "short" I was - at 5'6", I'm not exactly a tall guy. I absolutely hated it. Once I accepted my feminine side, all of the sudden, a liability became an asset. Now, I couldn't be happier with my height.

The same applies to my relatively small frame. I hated how small I was and I spent years working out to bulk up. Thankfully, I stopped my body building before I got too bulked up.

Now, both my height (or lack thereof) and my relatively small frame help me in my CDing. I almost wish I didn't spend so much time in the gym now...I'd like (slightly) less muscle mass.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    ...I am about the same height and I also have a pretty fem voice..people on the phone or at pick up windows would always call me ma'am...now I love it

I always thought I was tall, I'm 5'10 so I worried about it for ever. Now I realise I am not exceptional and likely not tall enough to be a top model (as if). Come out of the gym and walk and walk and walk.That's my guess but it is a guess.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Katrina... You're beautiful!
    Anyway, I have the same issue. 5'6" about 150 pounds. I did the same thing you did, hit the gym. My shoulders, chest and arms are much too masculine to pass. Right now, I wish I was just thin! I have to be very careful in the style of clothes I choose. The thing that upsets me is I love the look of a soft summer dress! Just can't wear one.... awww.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    A comment by Ashley in Jersey (sorry, Virginia) and talking to a CDer friend I met last week made me think of this...

I always hated how "short" I was - at 5'6", I'm not exactly a tall guy. I absolutely hated it. Once I accepted my feminine side, all of the sudden, a liability became an asset. Now, I couldn't be happier with my height.

The same applies to my relatively small frame. I hated how small I was and I spent years working out to bulk up. Thankfully, I stopped my body building before I got too bulked up.

Now, both my height (or lack thereof) and my relatively small frame help me in my CDing. I almost wish I didn't spend so much time in the gym now...I'd like (slightly) less muscle mass.

I love it too!

I am 5'7 at 137lbs. I love my height and want to go down to 125. When I reach that goal, I think I'd be happy. As far as shoulders ladies, I have come to realize that you can't do about it since it is due to your bone structure. You can't change that. What I've done though, is adjust my posture from shoulders forward (in guy mode) to shoulders backwards (in fem mode). i noticed that it makes you more feminine immediately (without the pain and money of surgery) Anyways. I have come to embrace my height, which is basically the point of this thread

Me Too!

What Katrina said...
    No closet is big enough!

It must be nice being 5'to5'7" it seems like most of the nicer looking outfits are for ladies that tall. Most of what I've seen in resale botiques are for ladies that size there is some really nice skirt suits, dresses and coats that I would love to have. Me, I'm 6' and 175 and as my SO says I'm large framed. That kind of limits me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me too

I am 5'7" and also small framed. I always felt a bit inferior around larger guys which was a good bit of the time. I did find that my small size was quite an advantage doing a lot of my work. I could get into places a larger man would just dream of doing. Then when I got serious with the dressing I realized that I was JUST RIGHT and would not want to change now if I could.
    [SIZE="4"]Mary Jane[/SIZE]

May those that love us, love us. Those that don't love
    us may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their
    hearts, may he turn their ankles, so we'll know them by their limping.

I've always been on the small side @ 5'7'' and about 120 pounds It's just in the last few years I've gone to 150 pounds. when I was younger I hated it but now I love my size.
    Angie

5'6 is what i am and i love being that short but now these darn big feet!

Quote Originally Posted by StephiefromSyr View Post
    5'6 is what i am and i love being that short but now these darn big feet!
    what size feet are you?

Yep, I'm another one who always wanted to be taller!Funny how that works,'cause 5'-6" seems just right now
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Being 5' 4" is perfect as I can fit petite and regular sizes. At 148 lbs I can fit most size 4 and 6's too. 9.5 M shoe. Tremendous beatiufl clothes selection at my small size!

Most of the girls on the Top Model show are ugly. They shouldn't have a requirement for the girls to be 5' 10" ? or taller. Lots of small beautiful women would be excluded. Like Eva Longoria at 5' 0" or Britney Spears when in shape at 5' 4" tall.

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    You lucky girls. At 5'10" plus 2"heels at the supermarket yesterday I did not "blend" in

Edwina

Avatar Isn't Me......duh Alana65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwina View Post
    You lucky girls. At 5'10" plus 2"heels at the supermarket yesterday I did not "blend" in

Edwina
    I'd LOVE to be as "short" as you Edwina........try being 6'5" without heels (plus 230 pounds). All of you shorter girls have it made.

Hi Katrina,

I am slightly taller than you. 5ft 7in and also have a small frame . I have always loved being small and resisted all attempts by those trying to get me to bulk up at the gym

Whats wonderful, is not having problems with clothing and shoes.

Love,

Maryanne

I'm small all over including my feet. I'm shorter than 95% of GG's. It truly is an advantage in so many ways.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

5' 10" and 155 lbs.

10 lbs. over my prefered weight, but no big deal.

I haven't worked out for years, but my "man" arms show up very often in my bare arm pics. They totally gross me out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

5' 7".....145 lbs......size 8 or 10 dress and size 9 womens shoe.
    no complaints.

If I'm trying to attract a woman while in guy mode I hate my 5'6" and 143 lbs., Seems most women want a giant these days. But as Mona I love my size. It is tricky working out just enough to stay small without adding bulk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona View Post
    If I'm trying to attract a woman while in guy mode I hate my 5'6" and 143 lbs., Seems most women want a giant these days. But as Mona I love my size. It is tricky working out just enough to stay small without adding bulk though.
    Mona; it's true. The younger women seem to be into the big boys but I notice the older ladies don't seem to mind as much. I see lots of them with smaller men. Must be a Darwinian thing. By the way; I use cycling and walking to work out. It tones the legs but mine don't bulk up. I do as little as I can with the upper body even if it means two trips to the car after shoping.

I am 5'8" and it is one reason my wife says I can go out and no one bothers me. I am still in the female height range. A little on the tall size but still in the female range. I think it is becauase my mother was 5'1", my older sister is 5'0", and my middle sister is 5' 2". Dad was only 5'9".

At 6' 2" 170 pounds, the only issue is that I kind of stick out, especially in 4" heels. On the other hand, I like the tall slender look, so it's not really a problem for me. I know GGs that are 6' and wear 6" heels, so its not like I'm a freak or anything.

Dee

DeeDeeB.........It like Texas AM Engineers, they are always out standing in their fields. So remember .... Tall girls are always looked up too.

I'm 5' 8 1/2" and I find that I'm tall enough for most ladies to be interested since avg for American women is about 5' 4" (I'm medium height for a man) and not too tall for a woman as long as I stay away from 4 inch heels.

I think that if you're up to about 5' 10" you're okay, and if you're about 5' 7" and above your okay for a man who wants to attract most ladies.