Thread: God Internet Men SUCK!!!

God Internet Men SUCK!!!

Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm ranting, venting, or whether I'm here for advice or what, I don't know. I guess maybe someone can confirm my feelings.

I guess I would classify myself as a TS, but due to work, friends, family, etc., I have yet to transition full-time. Nevertheless, I still yearn for a relationship with a nice, wonderful, caring man. So I placed ads on various websites, get contacted with men who appear to be wonderful and promising. I'm the type of person who's shy at first because of cautionary measures I guess, but then I warm up quite easily if the chemistry is there. Over time, I met a couple guys whom I thought were the guys I was looking for. They said the right stuff, I felt the connection went both way... and the next day, they disappeared! The worst is that I truly lay myself out there including sending them a picture. Do you know what a big step that is? i mean i won't even post a face pic to my sister's on this site. now a whole litany of scenarios are running through my head from anger to what if he posts it on the front page of newspaper tomorrow. i don't know... it sucks! i guess i'm not angry at the fact that they don't want to pursue things or anything... they can't help it, i can't help it and frankly, i've done it to men before. but the difference is that i've always told them i wasn't interested that "i'm sorry, i just don't think there's a connection or chemistry", whatever it is, i would politely write an email, call them, to explain. here i'm left in limbo. all i need is closure i guess. i wonder if i built bad karma by rejecting all the men i didn't have a connection with. seriously, if i didn't have a roommate i would certainly just curl up and cry my eyes out.
    Last edited by tgirlinva; 05-21-2008 at 12:55 AM.

hi...
    dont give up yet not all men are idiots
    (there is a very high number) but ill bet that later they will be kickin them selfs for an opptunity lost
    hang in there honney a real knight will open a door for you when you least expect it

Hi

Try not to be in such a hurry
    Take your time to get to know them and I dont mean a few weeks
    Why rush something when you dont need too. I have no doubt some will be pressurissing you for a pic, but tell them you just not ready, this will soon get rid if the less committed

Online it can take a lot of time to build a relationship with anyone. some can be lucky and make a quick connection but those are rare

The good news is there will be the right person out there for you.
    I know I have seen it happen a few times now people who have given up hope only to find themselves madly in love six months later
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Don't get discouraged!

I've read similar posts on a CD dating site. Apparently there r a lot of guys that think they want to try being with a CD, or being with a guy. Then chicken out.

But I've had similar results as a man with regular GGs, just trying some standard internet dating. A lady will send me a flirt. I'll respond, asking how to contact her, and never hear from her again! Or, we'll send some messages back and forth, and suddenly she'll stop when I ask to meet her.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've had limited experience with some of the big dating sites. I don't know whether or not you can apply my experiences to yours. But, here's what I've learned:

About 90% of the people who get on these dating sites are lying! They lie about their looks; they send you a picture thirty years out of date, they cut and paste their head on a "hardbody," stuff like that. They lie about their marital status...all the time! They lie about their desires! Most of them seem to really want cyber-sex, but claim that they want a "relationship." It often seems that the whole persona that they build up on The Internet, has NOTHING to do with reality!

Since their initial contact is built upon lies, they know they can't make a face to face contact. So, when you push them just a bit, they will usually just "disappear." It's very rare to ever get some honesty. Example: "Well, I didn't tell you I have Muscular Dystrophy, I'm bedridden, and I'm living in my Sister's Garage." At least that actual person had the guts to eventually tell the truth! You probably will never get that kind of candor.

My suggestion; stay away from The Pervs, stay away from the weirdo's, and just start making honest to God, actually physical contact with people. Although you can still get burned, at least you will have a starting point that has a better chance. If the starting point is built on a pack of lies....you know where it will end.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I've read similar posts on a CD dating site. Apparently there r a lot of guys that think they want to try being with a CD, or being with a guy. Then chicken out.

But I've had similar results as a man with regular GGs, just trying some standard internet dating. A lady will send me a flirt. I'll respond, asking how to contact her, and never hear from her again! Or, we'll send some messages back and forth, and suddenly she'll stop when I ask to meet her.
    I can't tell you how many times I've tried CD dating sites, either they cancel at the last minute or don't call back and tell me they can't make it.

Meeting in person barely works, especially in this city, the majority of the CD's are in a relationship already, plus meeting women is hard, because some of them look for good looks, fancy cars, and money, if you don't have a nice paycheck, they avoid you.

Luckily I have friends who loves my crossdressing lifestyle.

it's even harder to meet face-to-face at some bar or outings, because I'm not out. Therefore I have to rely on the unreliability of the internet. Unfortunately.

Gold Member
    Well, think of this -
    Some, if not all the guys who have chickened out,, you should probably feel thankful they did.

It is easy to idealize someone over a webpage or a forum cause you have little more than your imagination to go on.

Basically, what if you had met a few of those guys and it was some alcohol-rankin slob with no job and obnoxious manners?