Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: church

church

how many of us attend church dressed up?the little country church we were going to wouldnt except it so we are looking for a new one.please dont mention what religan you are i dont want to start any kind of war
    I am a beautiful, young victorian style lady. Demure, gentle, kind and giving. I love to be feminine in lace and intricate delicate patterns flowing skirts, the kind of sexy that makes you desperate to know what I'm hiding underneath!

there are accepting churches out there . you just have to find them . and yes i go to church dressed . along with my son but he does not dress ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    It's something I've dreamed of doing.... in a different state from where I live!

I think most women try to look "extra nice" for church, and I would love to sit there lookin' good with the rest!

I think if I ever have to travel alone over a weekend I will try it out.

-Shannen

Chruch Lady

Makes me remember the Old Saturday Night Live with Dana Carvey as the Church Lady

I attended a Unity church in Lawrence, Kansas, and now I go to an Episcopal one here in Muskogee. They have been places where I can wear all my extra-nice stuff. At the Gay Pride day in Tulsa there have been booths set up by a Unitarian, a Congregational, and a Presbyterian church. Look in one of your local gay publications for notices by churches that are "welcoming and affirming". Any church that says it's gay friendly will also be the same way toward trans.
    Last edited by Butterfly Bill; 05-20-2008 at 09:50 AM.

I went to a Lutheran Church 2 weeks ago dressed. Was treated just as any other woman. In my search, I found most alone want to know where your heart is for God, the rest does not matter.
    Good luck, ladies.

hugs,
    Janelle

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    I'm not religious, but it's not unheard of. You may wish to discuss it with whatever priest, minister, or pastor before hand. That's what I would do. If the leader of the congregation knows that you are transgendered and that you'll be attending services dressed, there's very little the rest of the church could do.
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Thanks Caroline,
    Your response is what I needed to hear. I know there are many churches out there whose only condition for attendance is to worship your God.

Hugs ,

Abby

don't think it would be a prob here provided that I let them know in advance. Don't think Mrs Mitch would be too thrilled though ...

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Abby View Post
    Thanks Caroline,
    I know there are many churches out there whose only condition for attendance is to worship your God.
    That is why I prefer a more spiritual belief, it is more acceptable than the various religions that all basically worship the same things and denounce the others as they are the only true religion.
    Back to the thread, though, talk to the person in charge first. This at least gives them time to prepare and have no embarrassing incidents at the alter.
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 05-18-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Churches that accept TGs

All over the world and in every state in the USyopu will find "Metropolitan Community Churches" Just enter MCC or spell it out and you will find hundreds.
    MCC was founded 30 some years ago be a gay man- Troy Perry- raised in the pentecostal church and found it very unChristian in its treatment of LGBT folks.

In our church in Whittier ,CA we have gays, bisexuals, lesbians, transgendered and stratights and those who are unsure. We call ourselves GiBLeTS. MCCs incorporate aspects of Protestantnism, Judaism, Catholicism to varying degrees and they openly invite all and there are no requirements or hard and fast rules, "penance" rituals etc. Most MCC have all kinds of social activities where you can dress and enjoy dinners, fellowship, etc.

The Church of Christ is also open to LGBTS folks.

One thing to remember no matter what church you attend or were raised in. The Ten Commandments are the ONLY laws given by God. Ten was enough for God. All the rest were created by men for control of the populace.

Follow those ten and the Golden Rule and find a church that does the same and you will be home.

Christine.

BTW I won a first prize for costuming at our church on Halloween in the outfit I am wearing in my avatar. I guess they never saw a guy my size in such a frou frou dress.

The United Churches of Christ are open to all people, regardless of gender expression or sexuality. However, the Church of Christ (a separate denomination, not the UCC) is VERY closed minded when it comes to anything outside of "normal." There is no instrumental music, no dancing, no mixed bathing (swimming with girl and boys) etc. I grew up in a Church of Christ, and hated myself for years because I was a "sinner" and behaved in a manner, behind closed doors mind you, that was definitely not congruent to Church of Christ standards. It took a lot of time to make me realize that "real" Christians do not always behave like the loving, accepting people that they proclaim themselves to be. After a little searching, I have found a home in the Methodist church, where there is a very "live and let live" attitude. Faith and love are more important than following the bible down to the letter.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    Several years ago i would go to a gay catholic church service in Dallas...they would meet in a Lutheran church and get a priest who would volunteer to say mass....It was a good time for me to wear some of my suits and pretty dresses

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am far too well known in my church to attempt going there dressed. That is outwardly dressed. Since I wear panties, and usually a bra, virtually all the time, I am always underdressed. Even when my late wife was around to fix my wig and do my makeup, that was one place we never went. We were both too well known, even though it is a large Church.

Amazing Member
    I think even in churches that think they are 'accepting,' it may cause problems of a personal kind. I mentioned that I was a trannie or something to a male friend in church, and he said that if I were, he would not be my friend anymore. (The ironic thing is that he has seen me dressed en femme already, at a costume party at the church, and in that context he did not worry at all.) So, in some cases, it comes down to personal relationships. My sister would not tolerate it either, at least not at the church we both attend. So, it remains a sort of dilemma.
    Roman Catholicism, though it has some gay catholic groups, seems to be particularly, let us say, traditional, in practice in the church. When I started going to an RC church, I went as a male, and a woman friend said, that it was too bad I did not start off going as a woman and keep it up. Nobody would notice. But then the first time I went, it was with her, and she definitely would not put up with it. She finds things like that reflect poorly on her.
    All in all it is a funny thing, (not ha-ha funny, but sort of 'intricate' rather than straight forward).

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgette T View Post
    The United Churches of Christ are open to all people, regardless of gender expression or sexuality. However, the Church of Christ (a separate denomination, not the UCC) is VERY closed minded when it comes to anything outside of "normal." There is no instrumental music, no dancing, no mixed bathing (swimming with girl and boys) etc. I grew up in a Church of Christ, and hated myself for years because I was a "sinner" and behaved in a manner, behind closed doors mind you, that was definitely not congruent to Church of Christ standards. It took a lot of time to make me realize that "real" Christians do not always behave like the loving, accepting people that they proclaim themselves to be. After a little searching, I have found a home in the Methodist church, where there is a very "live and let live" attitude. Faith and love are more important than following the bible down to the letter.

I would urge you to find a church affiliated with the UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST. Most of these are very accepting and usually say so in their bulletins and advertisements (in the Yellow Pages, for example). You might even call the minister during the week prior to the time you think you might attend and ask him (or her). I'll think that you'll will be happy with the results. I am looking forward to doing this sometime this summer, but it won't be in my hometown.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by KarenCDFL View Post
    Makes me remember the Old Saturday Night Live with Dana Carvey as the Church Lady
    My VERY first time dressed with anybody but my wife was on halloween about 15 years ago where I dressed as the 'church lady' (the holiday 'theme' was television characters). We had a small party with a half dozen friends. Walking out of the bedroom into the room where they all were after putting on pantyhose, a bra, dress and makeup was about the most difficult thing I'd ever done. At the time, the dress felt SO revealing, but looking back now it was only just above the knee. I wish I had gotten some photos, but probably would have been too embarrased to get them developed in those days before digital cameras.

But by the end of the evening, I wanted it to go on forever...

Thanks for bringing that memory back
    Last edited by Cristi; 05-18-2008 at 07:27 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I was asked NOT to crossdress in church. There are a few local churches that allow it. My family wouldn't want me to crossdress even if it WAS allowed. Too bad. I have some nice clothes.

I am only a weekend crossdresser since I am married and have a son. If I didn't meet my current wife, I would have dressed more often. But I can't dress for work, either. If someone dressed 24/7, she should be allowed to go anywhere that way. That is transgendered from male to female and should be accepted.

Didn't there used to be a commercial where african american and gay couples were turned away from a church. Then they said every-one was welcome at the church of latter day saints.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetCaroline View Post
    I'm not religious, but it's not unheard of. You may wish to discuss it with whatever priest, minister, or pastor before hand. That's what I would do. If the leader of the congregation knows that you are transgendered and that you'll be attending services dressed, there's very little the rest of the church could do.
    I disagree with this. If you try to call beforehand to ask if it's all right, the person on the other end might start thinking there really is something wrong because you are acting like it is.

Go to a Sunday morning service and see how the other people in the congregation act and what the pastor does in the handshake line after. If they seem standoffish, that's not the place. If people come up to you and offer their hand without you asking, that's a good sign.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Oh...I can't stay outta this one.

Local Universalist Unitarian Church has invited me to come as myself. Only thing stopping me is I am very "pentecostal" when I worship and I'm not sure if they would appreciate that style, or if I could really enjoy worship being so restricted.

If I went to the church I usually attend I have a concern that "Em's" presence might restrict others around me from experiencing worship....and while I do not feel I am sinning by being dressed I AM pretty positive that God would not appreciate me interrupting others from possible fellowship with Him.

So I stick to the safe side. Don't bother bringing up whether others not being accepting pleases God or such debates....the bottom line is when God shows me the right place to publicly worship as myself I will RUN to be there.

Emily Ann
    Living with a heel in each world.

I too am far too involved in my church to suddenly show up dressed, but I do think the priest and congregation would have no problem with it. We have a wonderfully diverse and accepting group of members. I serve at the altar most weeks, however, and I would not want my appearance to detract from the service in any way. It's not about me, it's about worship.

Dee

Carrie.......look for a MC Church. They welcome all of us and do not have a problem with Trans people coming to service dressed.

In fact I did a google search and found one in Austin

MCC
    8601 South 1st Street
    Austin, TX 78748
    Phone: (512) 291-8601
    Fax: (512) 291-8602
    Care Line: (512) 291-8819

Smile church

I recently started attending seventh day Adventist church and they seem very friendly.I don't know if they are as open minded as mcc though?

Church

Yes, I go to church en femme. My wife & I go to different denominations is a bigger city, several churches. One church run by a lady minister even had evening sessions for gay or other people who needed attention.