View Poll Results: Have you told your wife/s.o.?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - accepted OK (or better)

86 52.44%
  • Yes - not accepted but we're still together

18 10.98%
  • Yes - not accepted and relationship over

9 5.49%
  • No but found out - accepted OK (or better)

4 2.44%
  • No but found out - not accepted but we're still together

8 4.88%
  • No but found out - not accepted and relationship over

1 0.61%
  • No (not yet) - still a secret

27 16.46%
  • n/a - I don't have a wife/s.o.

11 6.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telling your wife/s.o.

Telling your wife/s.o.

So difficult to know what to do for the best (hindsight comes in handy), so maybe settle for some statistics.

Have you told your wife/s.o. about your cd thoughts and actions?

1. Yes - accepted OK (or better)
    2. Yes - not accepted but we're still together
    3. Yes - not accepted and relationship over
    4. No but found out - accepted OK (or better)
    5. No but found out - not accepted but we're still together
    6. No but found out - not accepted and relationship over
    7. No (not yet) - still a secret

In the thread it might also help to know how long the relationship has been going.

yes, but not accepted. and we are still together
    No, those are my Panties]

Hi Rita

Number 2 for me - I told her some 27 years ago, and she doesn't like it, but is ok as long as she is not around.
    She's been away this week and I've had a great time, even bought some falsies which are really good. Got them from www.bosomfriends.com and they are as good as they appeared on the website! Maybe one day she'll accept? - I doubt it, but live in hope! Maybe if I do the ironing?!

My wife and i actually met on a crossdresser board online. (The board no longer exists). So she knew about me from the beginning.

Blessings,
    Rikki

Thumbs up

I took the advice of this forum and told her in the second month of our relationship. It took a while but she finally realized this is part of who I am, things are not going to change and she is accepting that this is a part of our life. That was over 2 years ago and we are getting married this fall. The best thing I did was to be honest,open and TELL her at the beginning.

wife and i meet online told her before we even meet and all she said was is that all no problems and that was 7years ago

My wife is ok with it,but she dosen't want it all the time,so compromise is the key.

Nikki

I have been divorced 2 years ( nothing to do with CDing ) I have never told anyone about my feminine side until I joined these forums . I would love to find a GG to share my life with , and both male and female sides of me .Tomara

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Yes, accepted and encouraged. We've been together for 4 years now. I've been dressing en femme for 2. We drive a truck together and for 6 weeks at a time spend 24/7 together, well, maybe 23/7! Most couples couldn't do this!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

Isn't PS just wonderful! Cheryl Anne's Avatar
    She knows, has known since the second or third phone conversation before even meeting, and is very supportive. We've been together now for over three years, two of that married.
    Married to "The Borg Queen".

Resistance was Futile!

...only by the hope we give to others do we lift ourselves out of the darkness into light.
    Dean Koontz

http://www.myspace.com/cherylannenorwood

My wife and I didn't have one of those long, drawn-out conversations about it. It just sort of happened. On several occasions she even said to me that she'd love to see me "dressed". So all I had to do was simply take that ball and run with it lol She's been overwhelmingly supportive and encouraging and regularly suggests or picks out things for me to wear. It's been a great experience thus far and we couldn't be happier!

Aspiring Member Sasha Anne Meadows's Avatar
    we live as sisters and it's a blast..married 40 years come june

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Report from a Widower

Over 50 years ago I made a marriage proposal to my sweetheart. I also told her that I was a CD! Her response was, "yes, I will marry you and do you go out in public dressed?" When I told her that, "no I did not go out in public dressed because I can't pass," she answered, "I can fix that!" She did and we had almost 50 very happy years together.

I am a very strong advocate of open and honest communication between husband and wife. If you don't have that, you don't have a very good marriage. That also works with SO's. If you love her, tell her. If she loves you, it won't matter!

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, but man underneath!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 05-19-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Restating something!

number 6 for me . my ex could not understand . to her we are sick twisted people .. sadly it's her point of view
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Number 3 for me!!
    I told her, she told me i,m weird and she,s not my wife anymore

She's sitting right over there...

And I'm wearing a lovely knee length new turquoise summer dress...

She told me "Damn...you look cute!"

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    number 6 for me . my ex could not understand . to her we are sick twisted people .. sadly it's her point of view
    Number 5 for me, just recently slipped up after more than 20 years together. Holding on by a thread and fearful of becoming a 6.

I told a friend of mine. We hung out for awhile after she found out but now there is just that random call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wife has known since before we were married and we are going on 20 years. Infact she seems dissapointed if we don't go out together as two girl friends on the weekend at least once. Kids know Too.
    May all the twins in the world have as much fun as I

I am a #2, Told my wife 11 years into our marriage and now have been married comming up on 34 years. I cant say she is totally understanding however we do love each other and are a good pair. Here is hoping for the best! Thanks girls for all the confidence.

I told my wife about 10 years ago. It was rough on her at first in fact I thought she might leave me, however, she has mellowed some in the intervening years. She still doesn't openly accept it's more of toleration.
    Vivian

I told my wife before we got married. totally accepting wonderful woman!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

My wife has tried to be understanding but she really wishes I would just wake up one morning and never want to crossdress again. She was slightly accepting when I first told her years ago, but I think I was so relieved that she didn't completely reject me that I took things too quickly. I dressed up too much and she didn't like that at all.

She knows I still want to crossdress and go out, too. While she doesn't understand the dressing, she really hates the idea of me going out.

I keep hoping we'll work something out. There are days I'm hopeful but most of the time, it's a big strain on our marriage.
    Linda Marie Daniels

Been together 3 years, she has known for 2 and a half, she still only tolerates. We have never been out dressed together, one day maybe.
    Kasey

I was open with my wife about what I knew and understood from the very beginning (which wasn't much admittedly, but she knew I liked to underdress and had an outfit or two that I'd wear at home from time to time.) I've tried to be open about my ongoing discoveries along the way as I discover more and more of my feminine leanings. It's extremely hard to express feelings and thoughts I don't understand myself and I know she'd like me to be better at it. I'm doing what I can and hopefully I can learn how to translate my feelings on the subject.

She's been amazing about being supportive and helpful even though I know it's hard for her to understand and accept. I consider myself extremely lucky and will happily keep her involved every step of the way.
    ~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard