Thread: different senses of getting caught

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar

different senses of getting caught

Last night, I dropped some femme pants off at my dressmaker for shortening. Also a nice-looking top that needed some darting to look right on me (I'd needed to go a size too large in the body in order to get the arms right.)

This dressmaker hasn't literally made a dress for me, but I did have her make some femme clothes for me, including a fasten-at-the-back blouse and a jumpsuit. So she's seen me fully dressed and she's seen me in drab, and she's seen me with forms. For the top I was asking her to dart, I hadn't had a chance to check the look with me larger (40G) forms compared to my regular (38D) forms, so I took the time to try both there and asked for her opinion (she thought the larger forms were more suitable for it.)

Communication is a bit difficult sometimes, as she is an older woman more comfortable in her native Korean, so I don't know what her understanding of the situation is: with the various fittings I've done, there can be no question that she knows the clothes are for me to wear to look womanly. And as I mentioned she's seen me fully Dressed at times.

When we were finished the measuring and she'd given me the tag, and the pick-up day had been negotiated, she took the clothes carrying bag, extracted the sub-bag (with my forms) and handed that to me, and then proceeded to start storing the clothes in the carrying bag (until she gets around to doing the work.) I was done, but I hopped over and briefly scanned the jewelry she had on display, while she continued to put the clothes away.

And then she stopped for a second and pulled my lipstick tube out of the carrying bag, and she handed it over to me, wagging her head as she did so, with a look of mild exasperation. Hard to say what she meant; the closest I can think of at the moment is that it was sort of like a look that might given with regards to a woman who was showing the top of her thong at the back of her clothes. But it might just have been a bit of teasing of me. Whatever the meaning behind it, for a moment I felt like I'd been "caught".

How can one feel "caught" by someone who knows you cross-dress (and has even made some of your cross-dressing clothes)? I don't quite know, but I did. I gave a sheepish smile, and took the lipstick and tucked it away.

I imagine that it is sort of like your mother knowing that you (a young adult) go over to your girlfriend's/boyfriend's place to "make out", and you know that she knows... and then one day she accidentally sees one of your (unused) condoms. And you feel that, somehow, you've been "caught" even though your activity was already known.

(I'm still recovering from my stuffed ears, so forgive any unusual incoherence in this posting. A general high level of incoherence is, of course, to be expected from me )

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tess-leigh View Post
    And then she stopped for a second and pulled my lipstick tube out of the carrying bag, and she handed it over to me, wagging her head as she did so, with a look of mild exasperation. Hard to say what she meant; the closest I can think of at the moment is that it was sort of like a look that might given with regards to a woman who was showing the top of her thong at the back of her clothes. But it might just have been a bit of teasing of me. Whatever the meaning behind it, for a moment I felt like I'd been "caught".
    She was probably upset that you ran the risk of getting lipstick on the clothes.

I don't think you were "CAUGHT" Tess. Your explanation would suggset that she was exasperated at you leaving lippy in with your clothes. She would probably have had the same expression for a GG.

Aspiring Member
    I think it was probably a combination of "You must be loosing things all the time" and "This belongs in your purse, not a pocket!"

You know you're a crossdresser when your dressmaker is more upset finding lipstick in your clothes than straining her back lifting your 40G breastforms!

Shannen

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PheonaP View Post
    Your explanation would suggset that she was exasperated at you leaving lippy in with your clothes.
    Say, I didn't think about that! I should have, though, considering that I am going to have to have a go at cleaning nail-polish off the outside of my main purse (darned stuff takes so long to dry thoroughly!)

This is not, though, the only time that I have in some way felt a bit "caught" by someone who knows I dress. For example, my wife knew in general that I wore pantyhose when I Went Out; then I progressed to dropping some of my tights (that I underdress in to work) into the laundry; I am often the one who does the sorting and machine washing and drying, but she does most of the folding, so by seeing my tights in the regular laundry when I hadn't Gone Out, she could draw the conclusion that I was wearing pantyhose/tights semi-regularly.
    But to take the step from there to having tights on under my work clothes and undressing for bed (or bath) where she would see them on me, was still a feeling of "letting her catch me". Partly because there is a difference between "playing dress-up sometimes" vs "dressing up in the privacy of our house" vs "dressing is part of his everyday life, even at work"... the latter raises a lot more questions about "Where is he going with this? Does he want to go public with this and start doing it more or less full time?"