Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will gas prices affect your CD habits?

Will gas prices affect your CD habits?

they already have for me..i made the decision today to limit outings too maybe a few times a month..lets face reality..shopping and this hobby of ours can be expensive...pains me to death...but over $4 for a gallon of gas is going to affect my CD lifestyle...any thoughts?

I try to get out dressed once or twice a month. This usually involves a 200 mile (round trip) drive. That's only 30 bucks. It should not affect my dressing very much, my diet has saved me quite a bit on my food budget so I'll probably still be ahead.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Shouldn't affect my dressing . . .

. . . but it will affect my shopping.

Smile

well since i only dress at home i should be ok lol

CD Car Pool

Sounds like time for a CD Car Pool

Gas prices don't hurt when you drive a 44+ mpg 1999 Honda Civic HX! But I'd suffer driving my 20.5 mpg Grand Caravan Sport or my 21 mpg Mazda MX6 LS.

Gonna drive 360 miles R/T this weekend for the thrift stores near San Antonio. Probably only cost me $24 in gas!

I knew when gas was $2.65 / gal paying $45 weekly tanks for my minivan that I'd be in a world of hurt if gas prices went way higher. So I searched ahead for a beater fuel effiicient car and got a great one. Might keep it until 2011, because by then there might be some great mpg cars out by mfgs by then.

joann426

boy i remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon but it dont effect me at all when i dress at home to but i will go out soon

huggs

Smile

Hey Michelle
    Gas prices do not have an effect on me as a CD. I'm a full time girl and just live a normal life like any other person.
    But gas prices certainly do change my driving habits for everything.

Paula Rae
    [SIZE="1"]Member: Diablo Valley Girls[/SIZE]

I'm already limited by other factors; gas prices probably won't change that for the worse. But gas prices are changing some of my other choices: how much I drive a car. I think that I need to get a ladies bike.
    warmly, Linnea

[QUOTE=trannie T;1303668 .... It should not affect my dressing very much, my diet has saved me quite a bit on my food budget so I'll probably still be ahead.[/QUOTE]

There you go! Great Attitude! Yes, energy costs are through the roof. I am so frickin' old that I remember when $10 would fill you up if you weren't under the quarter!!! Maybe if I pawned some of my shoes, boots, bras, I could buy several tanks of gas. Nope, the price of fuel doesn't interfere here. w.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    They've helped me to get over my scared of shopping in my own area of town. No more driving to other cities, sometimes other states to go shopping. With the price of gas now, I don't care if someone recognizes me in the women's clothing section anymore.

Silver Member
    I do not see much connection between gas prices and cd'ing. I do not go on long trips to go shopping so that is not a factor. If I want to be out and about en femme I will usually do it on my bike as that does not cost anything. Of course things change so maybe I will have to curtail certain cd habits if the price of gas prohibits driving a long distance.

I already walk or take the bus.. so its not going to change much.

Aspiring lady of leisure kay_jessica's Avatar
    $4 a gallon wow thats CHEAP. When its over $10 a gallon (£5.40 now here in the UK) then perhaps you'll think twice about driving those wretched abominations to the environment that guzzle gas at under 50 MPG especially those despicable SUVs. And no it does not effect my dressing as I come an go on foot just as easily in my car. Its quite exhilarating catching buses and trains en femme.

Role on GW and bye bye New Orleans, The Everglades, Mississippi Delta.........

Just food for thought

Hugs

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Gas prices don't hurt when you drive a 44+ mpg 1999 Honda Civic HX! But I'd suffer driving my 20.5 mpg Grand Caravan Sport or my 21 mpg Mazda MX6 LS.

Gonna drive 360 miles R/T this weekend for the thrift stores near San Antonio. Probably only cost me $24 in gas!

I knew when gas was $2.65 / gal paying $45 weekly tanks for my minivan that I'd be in a world of hurt if gas prices went way higher. So I searched ahead for a beater fuel effiicient car and got a great one. Might keep it until 2011, because by then there might be some great mpg cars out by mfgs by then.
    i also only dress at home so no difference there. nice to hear ppl are drivin more efficient cars but hopefully by 2011 its more like ( mpv) miles per volt or sumthin like that .
    hugz pip

Yes, it's over $10/gallon here (even though French tax is lower than UK) but that's still dirt cheap. Most "oilies" expect the price to have to (absolute minimum) stay here and probably rise quite a lot more before people start to make more sensible choices (in terms of our planet) and, most importantly, for vehicular transport fuels to be developed from renewable sources (probably fusion) because it simply isn't worthwhile doing the development while "gas"/petrol/essence is not that much more expensive than from, say, tar sands (and that still can't currently be done without massive pollution).

Anyway, no, I don't think it will affect me. I am spending a fortune on clothes now (never used to spend anything much on drab) and I haven't even started on wigs and make-up (well, make that one wig on order and researching make-up).
    Last edited by Rita cd12fr; 05-22-2008 at 04:12 AM. Reason: I keep forgetting closing brackets

"Fuel Poverty"

I was watching the British House of Commons in their weekly 'pile-on' scrum against the PM AKA "Question Time" (very amusing stuff) on CSPAN the other night when the phrase "Fuel Poverty" was raised.

Living where it gets to 50 below zero in January and having many customers who cannot afford to heat their homes, this phrase was (pardon me) chilling.

We used 1,400 gallons of #2 heating oil last winter which right now translates to almost $7,000 just for shit to light on fire for heat for my 1500 sq foot home.

We are installing 2 more propane heaters in a couple of weeks - already have one running the entire upstairs. It consumes 1 (one) gallon of fuel PER DAY!

I expect that we will recoup the cost ($3,900) for the 2 new units and install in the first year then see a minimum of $4,000 savings every year thereafter.

Additionally, these units operate at 99.5% efficiency...no appreciable waste.

And since propane bubbles up out of the ground in Oklahoma, OPEC can't cut off my children's heating source.

The brand name of these amazing devices is Rinnai. check em out.

(and no, I don't sell them for a living)

I personally believe that we ordinary people globally have yet to suffer the huge price-hike in everything from food to clothes etc., etc., that will come out of these criminally large fuel increases. I learned the other day from the BBC TV news that gas (not gasoline!) and electricity prices were index-linked to OPEC's oil prices!!
    We in Europe are supposed to be sitting on the largest undersea natural gas reservoir in the world. We were told that when the British taxpayer was paying for the exploration and development of the North Sea etc. We were also told that when the gas came ashore, it would be so cheap that it wouldn't be worth actually metering it. Now I learn that these prices are matching OPEC's because the vested interests don't want to offer a cheaper alternative to oil!! I don't know if this policy is global, or only in Europe, but if it is global, we are all being globally criminally ripped off! As that man said; "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it any more!"
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

In my area of the UK, diesel prices are close to $12 a gallon.

Knock off the $4 that you are paying.

Which leaves a difference of $8.

Even on a small car with a 5 gallon tank, this amounts to $40 extra to spend on clothes or whatever else.

The cost of living for you is cheap!

If fuel rises, so does food and clothing.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

After my SUV got totaled, I have started driving my wifes Toyota Pruis. It really does get great MPG. I have been driving it for almost 2 weeks now and it averages about 53MPG city and 48MPG highway. Yes it does get better MPG in the city, since it switchs at times to all electric mode. It's EPA rating is 60MPG city 50MPG Highway, so getting close to that. Nice thing about it is when we used to make the trip from Dallas to Houston and back, the SUV would use about 25 gallons of gasoline. We did the same trek using the Hybred and it only took 6 gallons of gasoline. BTW was going to buy another one for wife when SUV got totaled, but ended up buying a Corrola instead because the Hybred has now gone from being on the lot to a 30-40 day waiting list. Hopefully the hybred will hold us unless gasoline goes to $10/gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by melisss2u View Post
    well since i only dress at home i should be ok lol
    Same here!
    Vivian

Quote Originally Posted by Sara316 View Post
    . . . but it will affect my shopping.
    Yeah mine too...Gas or clothes, what a decision to have to make!!!

Not at all. I dress only at home and the only trips out are to a drive up window for food, which I have only done twice.

Doubtful since most of my dressing of late has ONLY been at home ~sigh~ though I do wish I could make/find time to go out again.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Nope... Not one bit.... Since I crossdress on business trips.. Its all covered on my expense account! One of those intangable fringe benifits!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos