Thread: Working things through

Working things through

Agreed with my wife that I should see a councilor. I think she hopes for the CURE but I have tried to tell her that even if we discover the reasons that I like to dress it does not mean that I will want to stop. She is having the same kind of issues that are talked about else where on this forum. I would bring her here but I don't think is is ready for some of the discussions here. If she finds this wonderful place on her own maybe it will be better for now. One of the reasons that I quickly agreed to see a councilor is that hiding for 35+ yrs and feeling alone and not sure what if anything was wrong with me has sure to left some issues and scars that need to be brought out and discussed. I know that this councilor has seen other CDs but am not sure of his stance on it. He is a co-worker of a freind of my wife who is a councilor. At least she reminded my wife that I am still the same guy she has been with for 20+ yrs.

Thanks for listening Ladies.
    Stephenie ( still seem strange to have two names but, Stephenie does seem right for me at times)

Hi Stephanie,

I have been a crossdresser for 46 years and was in the closet until 3 months ago when I came out to my wife of 24 years. I saw a counciler and used that to start a conversation with my wife about my dressing,everything turned out quite well she is supportive.
    As far as I know there is no cure and if there was I would'nt want it,I am quite happy as I am.I have finally accepted myself.Good luck in the future.You are not alone.

Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla
    Love and Hugs,
    Priscilla

Good luck, Stephenie. Be patient with her, but remain true to who you are. You seem to have a pretty good handle on it.

Hugs,

Melissa

Platinum Member
    well my wife knows but is not going along with it for now any way... i am in therapy and probly for a while ... it seams to helpe some what ... stick with it and small steps

you will get there....

Yea I know who I am, I just took awhileto except it. I do feel better now that I have said to myself and my wife that I am a man and I like to dress as a woman sometimes. I'm not alone and I'm not a pervert.

I do hope that she comes to except this part of me and can find it in herself to be happy for me that I can now be me with out the hiding and the fear of exposure. I know that at this point she is the one that is suffering with the fears and doubts and I wish that I could take them all away for her, since I am the one who brought them to her. She is a kind and gentle lady who desevres peace and happiness in her life. I hope to be able to give her these things and more. Now that I am freer to express my softer side with out the fear that someone might see the "hidden things" I have found that it is easier to see how she feels. And I hope she has and will see a change in me for the better. Now I think I might cry for her,bye

Stephenie

Tristen Cox
    Best wishes to you both. *hugs*

OLD BITCH

Question Just My Thoughts

Stephenie,
    I've never been married nor have I wilingly sought out any form of councilling in regard to my crossdressing, So I'm working on my feelings ONLY.
    Sounds to me that it is your wife who has the problem with CDing, not you? I mention this as councilling, is desined toword the troubled not the contented? Never heard of a councilor for the contented yet ?
    Why not introduce her hear? I assume that she is a reasonably intellegent GG and would only absorb what she deems needed, let her talk with other GGs here in their powder room, it was built around "SUPPORTIVE IDEALS"for both GGs and their CDs. Perhaps a thread by you asking CDs with GGs here to identyfy them-selfs then PM them and see if it has helped their situations. Perhaps to ask for comment from GGs as to the effectivness of The Powder Room for them could proove usefull to your decision.
    Why? Because I believe that the best councilors in life are those who have most in common with our issues. Then of course there is the trust showen by you to help your GG understand YOU, this will perhaps ease her mind a little about the secertive nature of our colourful world.

Great idea. Any takers?