Thread: FTM Question Only Please - Jewelry Thoughts?

FTM Question Only Please - Jewelry Thoughts?

The other night I was talking to my fiance about a pendant that he wants, and it got me thinking.

Jewelry - what's your thoughts on it?

I'm not into jewelry that much, but I do like necklaces/pendants. There's a few necklaces I do/would definately wear, "girly" or not...

1. A 14k gold pendant, with small oval shaped garnet and 9 tiny diamonds embedded in it. My fiance got this for me for our first christmas together.

2. One of those "half heart" pendant things - you know, where you wear one half and your spouse wears the other.

3. A few charms that I'm keeping secret about what they are :P

Just curious as it's one of the things I'd get a gender based stereotype from other people on...("guys don't do that!", "that's not very masculine" etc)

I used to worry so much about keeping within society's "boy/girl" stereotypes and standards...But now, I just don't care, because I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like. What I wear or do doesn't define me.

- C.J.

Platinum Member
    As 'she' i always wore rings...and no chain, necklaces.....

As he now i dont ever wear rings because my hands are really small and it makes them look girly, i do however now have to wear 'something' round my neck, either a gold male chain with no pendant...or my trans symbol pendant

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. View Post
    I used to worry so much about keeping within society's "boy/girl" stereotypes and standards...But now, I just don't care, because I like what I like and I don't like what I don't like. What I wear or do doesn't define me.

- C.J.
    Well said, C.J.

I love jewelry! I used to work in a jewelry store and still stop people to compliment their jewelry and chat about certain stones, etc. It's just something that hasn't changed. I used to have quite a collection once upon a time: chains with matching bracelets, earrings with matching rings, and charms galore. I can't wear a lot of that stuff anymore, though.

Now I usually wear a chain with a sailboat charm on it (with a matching bracelet ), my school ring and my Claddagh ring - though, like Kieron said, with my small hands, the rings just accentuate that they're not exactly manly. My small watch doesn't help either - but I can't wear some huge man's watch with these small wrists.

Oh and I sometimes wear the rainbow bracelet I got at the Gay Pride march last summer.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have a watch. Oh, and one othose "Live Strong" style plastic wristbands that I wear on occasion.

I was never really into jewellery. I'm allergic to nickel, so I can't wear earrings, or have certain types of metal against my skin.
    Remember always that you have not only the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. - Eleanor Roosevelt

The most universal quality is diversity. - Michel de Montaigne

You do not truly own anything you cannot carry at a dead run!

‘Them as can do, has to do for them as can’t. And someone has to speak up for
    them as has no voices.’ - Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

I like making it. Copper's a fun metal to work with, and soldering's fun. Wearing it... not so much. I've got a skull necklace, a spiked collar, and a couple others that I wear from time to time, but that's about it.
    Story of my life –>

I've never been into jewelry. I wear a watch and that's it.

I have a few items of jewellery that I wear - the only thing I wear all the time is my wedding ring, which is a white gold band with a Maori-inspired design on it. I carry my engagement ring in my wallet - it's also white gold, with a tiny diamond in it, but I don't wear that as my fingers aren't big enough and it makes them look stupid! I wear a watch sometimes - when I remember to put it on - but it's only a cheap £7 thing from the boys' department in Asda (Wal-Mart).

I have a number of pendants that I wear now and then - a "cub" one on a leather thong, a Bear flag one, and a Trans symbol one. I have a Koru bone carving one, but it's not currently on a chain or thong, so I don't wear it at the moment. I also have a plain black chain that I wear now and then, and a matching one for my wrist.

I have fairly plain jewellery in most of my piercings, and never really change any of it, except for the 10mm stretch in my left ear lobe and my septum piercing - I wear a black keeper in it most of the time (so the majority of people don't even know it's there!) and now and then I wear a big f-off spike through it!

Dave

I actually really like jewelry.. I like to accessorize.. haha..
    I like rings, guys necklaces, chains, cuffs, etc.
    There is alot of masculine jewelry out there.. you just gotta look for it. I personally like to get mine from a store called "Ardene" here in Canada.. it's a girls accessories store.. but they've got a guys collection.. and most of the stuff is pretty cool.

I have a couple rings.. but I want new ones, so I haven't worn them in awhile.. but when I did wear them, I wore them compulsively. I like to have a ring on my middle finger on my right hand.
    I had a wicked skateboard pendant with wooden beads that my ex gf gave me, but it broke.. I want to buy a new one..
    I like wearing pendants with symbols that mean something to me..
    .. and I have a few leather cuffs I wear, with silver studs and spikes in them. I usually wear one at a time. It looks tacky otherwise.
    Last edited by xTwo_Of_Heartsx; 05-30-2008 at 06:53 PM.

I wear a watch, sometimes a claddagh ring, and sometimes a chain or cord necklace with a celtic cross on it. I don't see why a man can't wear jewelry.
    [SIZE=2]"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]SSC[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]2012[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]SWK![/SIZE][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]
    Shaun
    [/SIZE]

Exactly.
    I see no problem with it.
    I grew up idolizing a male celebrity who wore alot of jewelry.. so, I've always thought it was perfectly okay for a dude to wear some if he wants.

I just got some earrings that are guy-like today and when I'm not as tired I'll put them in more & likely. I also just bought a nice men's watch at a watchmakers store here. But that is all I wear for now.
    SHUT UP AT LEAST THE BUNNIES ARE ON FIRE!!!

I had my nose pierced in 1993. I had hoops and then a stud for the longest time. I wanted advice on how to pass better and I believe Kieron told me to lose the nose stud. So for the first time in like 12 years I took it out. And man was he ever right. I immediately started passing better. I LOVE hemp necklaces. I got a kit from a friend with tons of different kinds of hemp and beads and all that. I tried and tried but I sucked at making them. So no hemp necklaces for me. A girl I met on youtube sent me a hemp necklace she made that was really cool and it had some sea shells on it but it broke. This thread is making me sad. lol

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor105 View Post
    I believe Kieron told me to lose the nose stud. So for the first time in like 12 years I took it out. And man was he ever right.
    yup that was blunt lil ol' me lol

I wear My watch on My right wrist, "Trey" bracelet on My left, and a silver Superman pendant on a chain around My neck...(I had a Pirate pendant that I wore, but I gave it to Tobias when he left New York)...
    Ever The Opportunist

Meh... I never really liked jewelery. I've always liked chains though but my mom hated it. At an amusement park I bought a chain with a dragon on the end and wore it home. My mom started saying how I shouldn't wear that in public and that that was more of a "guy's" neckless. This was before I accepted myself as trans. I would always think to myself, "Why do guys get all the good clothes and stuff?"

btw, I still wore it in public. I just put it on at school.
    -Stephan B.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTrey View Post
    I wear My watch on My right wrist, "Trey" bracelet on My left, and a silver Superman pendant on a chain around My neck...(I had a Pirate pendant that I wore, but I gave it to Tobias when he left New York)...
    Yep.... and now I always wear it.

My skin is very sensitive, so I really don't wear much jewelry anymore. Just Trey's pendant and my (plastic) watch usually. Occasionally I'll wear my spike collar, a chain I keep on my jeans and/or an armband. Don't like rings... I always manage to lose them because I always take them off, and anything too loose on my wrist or ankle annoys me. I don't do piercings either because of the skin issue. *shrugs*

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    I wear a watch and a ring. Both stainless steel. And sometimes a gold chain around my neck. Small but not... delicate. I don't know why I wear it; gold looks terrible on me but I think there's just something really masculine about a tiny bit of a gold chain peeking out from under a shirt collar.

I used to wear a ton of rings and necklaces, back when I was in my 'Yngwie Malmsteen is God' phase. I don't know how I stood it, haha. 7 or 8 rings and a dozen necklaces, all at the same time? Eesh.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

I dont wear a lot of jewelery and in fact what I wear is pretty much what I own. I have a silver pentagram ring, two pentagrams on thongs and when I get them re done ( had to take em out for work) an eyebrow and lip piercing. Never have been much for jewelery and I have always prefered silver to gold.
    Sometimes when my punk nature raises its head some wild and wonderful ear piercing gets included lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hey you with the pretty face welcome to the human race, a celebration, Mr. Blue Sky's up there waiting and today is the day we've waited for.

Rapidly becoming a Gender Equality Duty expert (Europe)

In high school I wore my class ring but when i graduated i stopped wearing it. After that I wore a watch but I don't know if that counts as jewlery. And now I wear a wedding band.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    yup that was blunt lil ol' me lol
    I don't think you know how to be anything but blunt!! But that is definitely part of your charm. You old bull dog you!!

I like to wear a thin silver chain round my neck, and I always wear a watch, but the watch is plain and functional, not a fashion statement at all.