Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to know?

Banned Read only

What do you want to know?

Here's your chance to make an impact on research about CD's!!!

I've teamed up with another forum member - who can chose to divulge her identity whenever she chooses (n'est-ce pas?) - to develop a study about cross-dressing.

We would like to make sure that the study addresses the wants/needs of the CD'ing community, and are therefore asking for your input.

Please let us know what you want to know about cross-dressers?

Being a CD, I don't think there is anything about cross-dressers I don't know about.
    DonnaT

After being a member of this Forum for almost a year,... not much is really left to find out.

jenn

With over a million posts here I think everything has been covered....lots of stuff for your research....
    You don't have to have been born female to enjoy being a girl

Not much anyone can tell me about myself, except why ?

Yeah, after a year here, a lot of questions have been answered.A lot of answers have been questioned.And, thats given me the confidence to just go do it, and figure it out as it goes!But, the more info, the better, so I hope you get some input, and thanks for the effort!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

If you ask the religion demographic question again, I'd like to see subcategories, especially for the "other" (third-highest percentage) and Christian (to see breakdown of conservative/mainstream/liberal denominations, for example, not just Protestant/Catholic/Orthodox; also include LDS and nondenominational and humanist).

Also, you might include questions about sexual orientation and gender expression--"wife/SO" isn't precise enough for those who identify as gay male or lesbian female or transgender CD.

Whilst I'm as fascinated as anyone by these kind of things, may I ask to what purpose the research is being conducted, who will own the results, and why is the other party reluctant to reveal their identity?
    I would have thought that the range of questions and answers which are already on the forum would form the basis for any research, indeed they could form the basis for a doctorate!!
    Just my tuppence-worth.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

Just some thoughts.I think geographical data and historical data would be good. Such as.

Country, State ,City
    Where you started cross-dressing?
    Where you currently live and crossdress?
    Where you crossdress with a supportive SO? And with a unsupportive SO?
    Where you live and a attend TG/cd support groups?
    Where you live with a supportive family/ supportive community?

What year you first try dressing?
    What year you accepted your cross-dressing?
    What year you told someone about your dressing?

Just some ideas.

Aspiring Member
    - Do you dress to pass?

Banned Read only
    Could you ask "Why do you think you are a crossdresser" because I don't have a clue as to why I am. I'd love to know how many others are of the same mind as me, or if anyone thinks they have an explanation and what it is.

Banned Read only
    Thanks very much to everyone who responded so far! Please keep the ideas coming.

I think it's a good time to explain a bit more...

The purpose of the research is to refine existing information as well as to seek new information about crossdressing, with the goal of providing valuable insight back to the crossdressing community at large. While it is true that a lot of individual facts about CD's are already known - and indeed this forum is a great source of information - crossdressing covers a very broad spectrum of individuals with different wants and needs, and varying degrees of involvement.
    The research will attempt to provide correlations between the wants/needs and levels of involvement through the evolution of a crosdressers life, taking individual circumstances into account. In other words, facts cannot stand on their own.

Of course, we will cross-reference the content and polls of the forum for validation purposes.

Note to KayR: The other party isn't reluctant to divulge her identity as far as I know. I just thought it would be better for her to announce herself, rather than me doing it without her consent.
    The results of the survey will be free of copyright, as was the case with my 2001 survey. I believe in giving back to the community.

Note to Thea: We have already pretty much concluded that there is no correlation between religion and crossdressing, or ethnicity and crossdressing, based on all the feedback I received from my post on that topic, unless you have a compelling reason to explore that further? For the sexual orientation question, I agree we need to provide more clarity.

Note to Jeannie: That's the big question I like the open-endedness of your question, and I think that indeed this should be part of the research.

Note to everyone: Again, thanks very much for the suggestions. We will review all of them and consider them for inclusion as part of the research.

New Girl on the Block MalibuJenny's Avatar
    "Why do you think you are a crossdresser" because I don't have a clue as to why I am
    I think this would be very interesting but probably very hard to classify.

It seems that there as many reasons as there are CDers... For myself, I can think of at least 9 or 10 different influences, situations, family dynamics and personality traits that may have been responsible -- or perhaps all of them were in some ways.

Also, I think it can be hard for many to be honest on this subject.

Still, I'd love to see the results.

To break down some other questions

1. Do you dress to pass?
    a. do you think you do
    b. do others you know think you do
    c. do people you don't know but have seen think you pass

2. Why do you crossdress?
    a. do you think you look better
    b. do you feel more secure about you (could be a question of it's own)
    c. do you think women are treated better (could be a question of it's own)
    d. when you were young were woman treated better
    e. etc. etc. etc.

and a question of my own:

3. what type of person are you
    a. man who likes girls clothes
    b. man who thinks women are sexy and wants to be like that
    c. woman trapped in man's body
    d. man who likes the feel of girl's clothes
    e. etc. etc. etc.

as for me 1 yes 1a no 1b no 1c no 2 i'd say D 3 little of b and c

and giving other choices such as a&b or c&d would give a clearer picture
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

Hi Emily,

I'm not looking for correlation between religion and crossdressing, but rather distribution. Is it representative of the general population that there will be some whose religion is conservative and strict, while others will have chosen a faith that is supportive or tolerant of gender expression? Which is why I suggest denominational identity, which might best be met with a fill-in-the-blank or box if you have that capability. (And yes, it would also serve as a subtle reminder that there are other faiths to consider if a CD has conflict with acceptance or lack thereof.)

Like many others, I have always been confused as to "why?". I would like to see if there is a corelation between being a CD and having an abusive childhood.

I like "do you dress to pass" and "which state do you live in" Maybe there's more CDs where I live than I think and I wanna know!

Thanks for seeking out data on the community I think it can only help us understand more about ourselves.

Lisa

I already know how to CD.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    To be really useful I think research would have to be of an academic standard.

what do you want to know?

All I want to know is why. Why are we so possessed by women's clothes and mannerisms?

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I wonder if a question can be crafted about crossdressing on-line. Something like -- after you got on line --how long did it take you to seek out CD resources/ forums. For my part it was the old days of HSX-100 and HSX-200 on Compuserve back in 1985. 1200 baud modems, no graphics, and prices for an evening that surpassed what we pay for a month of DSL today!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

I want to know why so many crossdressers get involved with women and claim to have committed relationships, even marry, then lurk around behind their partners back doing things that normal committed couples would not do to eachoter. For example:
    1. flirt with men on the intenet or in person
    2. lie about their desires
    3. seem to be antisocial
    4. participate in risky behavior either sexually or financially.
    5. Have a sense of entittlement to the family finances. Spend lots of money
    on girl things that the family budget does not support and lie about it.
    6. Why some cd's have a hard time finding a balance between their manliness
    and feminine desires within a committed marriage. Or why do they have to
    push the limit. Many seem unable to comprimise.
    7. Why so much dramma?
    8. Place crossdressing as the highest priority above family committments etc.
    9. why don't they understand why their marriages fail when they continually do the above. They just chalk her down to being unsupportive or unaccepting.

It boggles my mind that when a partner of a crossdresser tries to find all about crossdressing, joins forums and even tries to find out what her role in all of this is and even participates, only to continually find that her husband betrays her with the above behavior.

kitty
    Last edited by kittypw GG; 05-31-2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: .

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kittypw GG View Post
    I want to know why so many crossdressers get involved with women and claim to have committed relationships, even marry, then lurk around behind their partners back doing things that normal committed couples would not do to eachoter. For example:
    1. flirt with men on the intenet or in person
    2. lie about their desires
    3. seem to be antisocial
    4. participate in risky behavior either sexually or financially.
    5. Have a sense of entittlement to the family finances. Spend lots of money
    on girl things that the family budget does not support and lie about it.
    6. Why some cd's have a hard time finding a balance between their manliness
    and feminine desires within a committed marriage. Or why do they have to
    push the limit. Many seem unable to comprimise.
    7. Why so much dramma?
    8. Place crossdressing as the highest priority above family committments etc.
    9. why don't they understand why their marriages fail when they continually do the above. They just chalk her down to being unsupportive or unaccepting.

It boggles my mind that when a partner of a crossdresser tries to find all about crossdressing, joins forums and even tries to find out what her role in all of this is and even participates, only to continually find that her husband betrays her with the above behavior.

kitty
    I hear your concerns, only I'm not sure that this phenomenon is particular to crossdressers. There are plenty of people (men an women) that behave in similar ways, regardless of whether they crossdress or not. That is, cheating with other partners on the internet, or in person, lying about their behaviour, participating in risky sexual behaviour etc. etc.

I would certainly hope that this type of behaviour is not more prevalent among crossdressers...

I don't really want to know anything either.... I'd rather read some studies on women and why they do the things they do.. I don't care what you "guys" are doing and why... After all I'm not trying to imatate you!
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-31-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Why do we crossdress? Is society these days getting so complicated that a CD man can marry a Natural woman and produce male children that also like to crossdress? or produce female children that would support their husbands own crossdressing? Would this create a more accepting society of crossdressing? Having read the threads in this forum the answers are many and varied why we crossdress. I think, and my wife has told me that I have female tendencies. Quite possibily I had these as a child growing up as I wore my mothers clothes when my parents went out on friday and saturday nights. I used to look at the girls in school and take a close look at what they were wearing that day. I still do look at other women now just to take a look at the clothes they wear that day, and think, Oh thats a nice top she has on or she looks great in those jeans. I have lots of womens clothing just that I cannot wear it all the times I would like as I still work a very highly drab job which I have to be dress drab at.

My Worth

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76795368@N07/

International Men Can Wear A Dress Too Day, Tuesday, May 15 2012