Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: angry

So what?

I don't see how your gender or habits can interfere with your faith. Like I said in your previous (or one very similar to it) is that you go to church to praise God, not your pastor. We are all children of God, whether we're black, white, gay, straight, bi. We still walk on the same ground, we're not holier or condemned than anyone else. Point blank, you don't go to church and check-in "i'm a girl or i'm boy". it's ridiculous. now if you were muslim, that'd be another story.

You know I lived in New Orleans for 30+ years and as it is knew as a TG town there are many friendly churches that welcome transgender people and believe me they treat you like anyone else.

"my wife and I go to a bapist church they are not excepting of our life style I really dont care what they think I dont go to worship them i go to worship GOD with that said i go wearing panties,bra,ladies jeans,conservitive ladis shirt,ladies watch,earrings,and my favorite purfume.when I want to go in a skirt we have a methodus church to go to."

So what happened to the Methodist church you wore skirts to?

You might try a Unitarian Universalist Church or Fellowship. Over the years The UU's have become very accepting and even somewhat active on behalf of persons with Transgender interests. Unitarian Universalism is a kind of Protestantism that evolved out of the Unitarians in Eastern Europe and the Universalists in,I think, Switzerland. The 2 groups merged in the mid -19th century and became the Unitarian Universalists. Unitarians are basically Protestant and Christian but in a different kind of way than most of the other churches. Starting in the late sixties and early seventies many of the UU fellowships,societies and churches have developed what I guess I'd have to describe as kind of a counterculture theme.

Sometimes the ministers in The UU churches are LGBT,too. I've been to at least 5 of the UU churches in moving around the country. Ultimately I can't promise you anything. They could just get a bit testy and respond the way that preacher did on the phone.But I know that there were from time to time a few various different persons who attended services en fem at a UU church I went to about 10 years ago. The minister and everybody treated them well!

Now, I very seldom go to church even though we do have a UU society or association about 5 miles from where I live. And of further interest is that many of these UU congregations have discussion and meeting groups for LGBT and TS/TG/CD. But in my case I haven't been to church in awhile because I like to sleep in and go shopping or something spectacular on Sunday. But if I have to go to church,make mine Unitarian.

Carrie,

I just sent you about half a dozen suggestions by PM, including some phone numbers, addresses, and web pages. I couldn't decide if it was a good idea to post that kind of info in the public portion of the site or not.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Davis View Post
    well alot of you responded to my post about church.some gave the advice to talk to the paster first well there is this church that is non denominational around the corner from us that on there message it says our church is such a friendly church you will be proud to call it home.
    Well, I guess a church that promoted PRIDE in itself on its sign shouldn't really surprise anyone with it's "don't ruin our perfectness" attitude!