Thread: "Mom I Need to be a Girl"

"Mom I Need to be a Girl"

Here is a true account of a young boy who transitioned. I came across this by accident and thought it may be of interest to some of us. I copied part of the intro and the url where the whole book is available online. Sorry if this has already been posted.

- Dina

---------------------------

INTRODUCTION

You are about to read a rare true story about a young boy who received a kind of help from his mother that some children need, but almost none receive. Daniel should have been born a girl.

In these pages, you will meet Daniel's father who believes that sexual reassignment is against God. You'll follow the fencing matches with bureaucrats, and the contest of wills with councilors whose skills are so often limited to dream-obstruction and fee collection.

Most importantly, you'll read how Daniel's courageous and superbly understanding mother helped Daniel to become the charming, irrepressible Danielle, despite a globe full of
    minor tyrants, tunnel vision functionaries, buffoons, finanancial opportunists, and misguided dogooders
    trying to prevent it.

I have finally met Danielle now 19, after having heard and been entertained by her exploits every ...

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw..._be_a_girl.pdf
    Last edited by Bernadina; 05-31-2008 at 02:05 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It is a wonderful story. I read it about a year ago and it is filled with hope. It should be required reading for the parent(s) of every child transsexual; for the parents and family of every TS in my opinion.

Kimberley
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.transgenderlondon.com

Venus and Mars are not aligned; Good thing.
    Where are all the rumballs?
    I may not soar with eagles, but then weasels dont get sucked into jet engines...