Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: big deal for me, told my mom =O!

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar

big deal for me, told my mom =O!

Well I'm going to keep a long story short, I am doing a cosplay of a female character at an anime convention coming up and I need help with it. My mom has been making wedding dresses since before I was even born... So tonight I couldn't take it anymore, I just out and told her I'm doing a female character and I needed her help, I showed her all about it, and she was totally cool with it. Then she finally just comes out with "so that skirt that showed up in the mail a while ago, that wasn't for your girlfriend was it?" and I just owned up to it, the whole thing, and she had all sorts of questions and was totally cool with it! She didnt even think it was weird at all and said she kinda suspected it, which I suspected she suspected it, haha. Also to be noted, one of her best friends from before we moved is a post-op transsexual.

Yeah, all over the place, I know.. it's just such a rush.. this has been on my shoulders for a LONG time.

Mom's can sure be surprising at times, can't they? Glad it all worked out for you MM. So... when are you have a mother-daughter shopping day?
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

This wednesday we were planning on going to New York City anyway, guess that day will turn into shopping day She already has offered to buy things for me but I told her I can get stuff on my own. More like I'm more weird about my mom buying things for me than buying them myself, I still get really nervous! lol

Congratulations! It is so nice when you know they know and you don't have to keep it a secret... or should I say think you're keeping it a secret.

Your mom sounds pretty cool. I'm happy for you.
    "I dwell in possibility."

"Say what you want and be who you are, because those who matter don't mind, and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
    George Bernard Shaw

Gold Member
    MM, with your hair and overall looks, I would think your mom's response would have been "...and this is news HOW?"

And then went back to her coffee and crossword.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

MM, this is so cool, you have one fantastic mom. I hope the shopping day goes well.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    MM, with your hair and overall looks, I would think your mom's response would have been "...and this is news HOW?"

And then went back to her coffee and crossword.
    Haha it almost was that way. Not nearly as groundbreaking (on her end) as I was expecting. She's seen me in eyeliner and chokers getting ready for concerts and clubbing too many times for it to be a major shock to her

Hi MM Glad everything is good with you and your mom , It had to be a huge relief for you to tell her how you felt , and I hope your relationship stays strong with her . Tomara

8rys, going on walkabout
    Is it nice to be able to breath without that weight. Glad to hear that it went well for you. I hope this allows you to enjoy the con more.
    Your character is Lulu right? I love that Char but hate the game, ok the game is good I'm impatient when it comes to cut scenes.
    Lets see some pics after the con. As long as they aren't of "Man Faye"

I'm so happy for you MM, you have a great Mom. Don't forget to buy her a big bunch of flowers. Now, about those wedding dresses, I'm sure there are a few girls on here who could use your moms talents xx

Kewl. I am happy for you, I hope you let your mother help you pick your outfits, on your shopping day with her.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmin479 View Post
    Is it nice to be able to breath without that weight. Glad to hear that it went well for you. I hope this allows you to enjoy the con more.
    Your character is Lulu right? I love that Char but hate the game, ok the game is good I'm impatient when it comes to cut scenes.
    Lets see some pics after the con. As long as they aren't of "Man Faye"
    Oh it definately will help, she's going to do an excellent job on this outfit, she already has a bunch of ideas I never would have thought of to fix the size. It is one of the more difficult ones to make. I'm impressed someone remembered which one I'm doing =) I love the game (Final Fantasy 10) and I LOVE the character, her outfit, her attitude, the way she talks. I will definately be posting pictures from the con, without a doubt. And maybe I'll pose with a man faye just for you if there's one there hahaha. I cackled when I read that.

YAY! I'm so glad everything worked out for you. =) You didn't kill 2 birds with one stone you killed the whole nest. Your mom knows and accepts you, she is gonna help with your outfit, and she is willing to buy you stuff. That seems like a win in my opinion.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    MM that is truly awesome! Aren't moms just the cool??!! We are both lucky to have such support in our lives. Now if I could figure out how to bottle up some of that excess and send it to my friends out there....
    *sigh*

Zara

told my mom

Hi MM, Good for you and her also; She now has a "daughter" that she can share some private moments with. Enjoy the upcoming ride, it will be thrilling!!!!

Mollyanne
    "To thine own self be true"

Yaaaaaaaay! Get out there girl, wonderful - says she wishing she was 22.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Wow, how's that for a mom! I am so happy for you.

MM

This is good news, and I bet it's a relief to you as well.

Just remember occasionally to show her how much she means to you.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Platinum Member
    wicked cool.........MM............. bet your mom knew long before the skirt showed up.........mom's know every thing.............

M.M.,

Good for you..

As a "Mom" myself, I would have reacted in the same way..we want our kids to be truly happy..well, the majority of us do..some cannot get a Handle on things of importance and what can help our children to achieve their sense of well being..this is not a criticism..there is a variety of circumstances as to why some just can't do it....
    However in your case, I am pleased your Mom isn't one of these mothers...

Sounds like your outing and "whatever it is your doing"..{I have no clue of these things..}...will be fun...

And although it does make you feel weird..once in a while..maybe,just maybe, let your Mom get you something..it'll tickle her that she can help you in your fullfilment..I love buying my Daughter things..

By the way..like your posts..well versed,very insightful and your pictures..
    You are such a Cutie..[Sorry...that's the "mom" in me talking..I know,soon I'll be pinching your cheeks..]

Take care,

Bless your Heart and those you care for..

Majestyk's Lady

Wonderful for you! I wish my mother would have been that way. she was opening against anything that was even a slight bit out of the mainstream.

MM, Very, Very cool. You must feel much lighter without the weight of THE secret on your shoulders. I know when I came out to my family I felt so much better that it took quite a while to actually get my heels back on the ground. You are extremely fortunate that your mom is such a great seamstress-now take her support and run with it. And try to get over the trepidation about her buying you things. I would imagine the two of you have vastly different styles, but try and use her experience to expand your look. After all two heads are better than one.

Tres Mas Coolness
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

Wow hon that is THE COOLEST I hear ya a total rush and the weight of your shoulders ...priceless.
    Glad you have help now with your outfit too...can't wait to see those pics
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

MentalMercury.... Does your mother really know your a CDer or does she only thinks this is for a Anime Custome. There is a difference.

As for going out with you mom shopping, my wife recently has accepted my CDing and we have now gone out a few times shopping for me. The last time was yesterday. At first it did feel weird but I am getting over that feeling now. Give you mother some time and let her lead sometimes. I have found that letting my wife take the lead has helped us become more comfy with my CDing.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Mom's can sure be surprising at times, can't they? Glad it all worked out for you MM. So... when are you have a mother-daughter shopping day?

Told my Mum a while back got the same sort of reaction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!