Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Desire to look like a woman, or feminine??

Aspiring Member

A little of both.

As women age, I think that their facial features become more masculine and as I have aged, with the help of this website, I have become braver and less concerned with passing and just trying to be myself. What exactly has "myself" tried to become. I think "feminine".

I love feminine clothing and wearing them makes me feel that way. I know a lot of us wear jeans and I do too but it is a little bit like underdressing; no one can really tell that you are wearing, you just enjoy the feeling and I like the thrill of wearing something somewhat naughty and ladies jeans and underwear give me that feeling. However by saying feminine clothing, I mean that there is no mistaking in what department the clothing has been purchased. The clothing must be softer, more colorful, cut differently and make me feel feminine.

Because of the public places I frequent where I feel "safe" I tend to wear capris, sandals, oversized casual tops, hoops, a scarf (babooshka) or cap/hat, and lip gloss. Sometimes I will use light make up. In no way do I pass as a woman when I dress this way but I think that I definitely look more feminine. I know that I feel more feminine.

Banned Read only
    Concerning dressing to be as feminine as possible, I learned a great lesson at the Be-All, my very first experience dressing in public ever.

I had taken lots of skirts, thinking I had to be my most feminine on the outside to feel the most feminine inside, too. But in 5 days of dressing for daytime, I hardly ever wore one! I felt my absolute best, my strongest, totally feminine best when I was wearing my tight jeans and low heels or even ballerina flats (for comfort walking). I walked with confidence and a nice sway. My head was up and I looked people in the eye when I talked to them. I didn't have to worry about showing anything when I sat. I didn't have to stress about how those damn heels pinched my toes. I could concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing; listening with my heart to the other girls, paying attention to the information in the seminars, walking into the big shoe store (DSW-what a paradise!) and actually shopping instead of worrying about blending in, and not being stared at because I was dressed inappropriately for the venue, just being looked at in appreciation for my great walk and nice ass (which shows up better in jeans than in a loose suburban mommy skirt)!

Go comfortable for the venue. That doesn't mean not being lady-like! It just means avoid morbidly stressing about passing or skirt length. I forgot I was dressed! I was just me, a MILF who was old enough that her kids were in college rather than grade school!

Stop arguing about jeans versus skirts. Wear what makes you feel your womanhood!

My desire is to look like myself. The interpretation depends on which mode I decide to be in at the time.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Carrying on the idea of feminine, do GG's look feminine when they go out to the mall wearing their hair in a bun clip, raggedy top, jeans and crocs? Most women wear this kind of outfit everyday! It definitely is not what I go to great extreams to wear. I try to look like a feminine lady. When I go out to nightclubs , I take great time in putting my outfit together and wear a dress or skirt outfit, heels and nylons. All stuff that GG's have stopped wearing. I would go so far to say that we as a group look far more feminine then 85% of the real ladies on the street.
    Charlie

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    I wear skirts most of the time when i go out, i just dont wear short short black minis and 4 inch heels, i wear those at night when i go clubbing...the idea is to wear what a lady would wear in the day or in a casual setting....at the retail store i work at , here in Dallas, I have noticed women are wearing skirts and cute sun dresses more...but sometimes one will wear something that i think, wow, that is a gal calling attention to herself

For me i just want to look like a woman. But i have started to act femme in boy mode after dressing so much.
    I don't like to blend in when i go out i will wear a skirt not pants. I can wear pants in boy mode so why do it as a girl.
    Good bye i'm at wacko taco .com now

Amazing Member
    I find it amazing how some tall women, including a couple of GG's that are a bit taller than I am, that is women 5' 11" or taller, still look very feminine, while I do not have that secret. I try and look feminine by displaying various markers of female attire, like lipstick, nail polish, earrings, rings, a purse, wearing a complete outfit, (at one time I did not have a lot of femme stuff, and found it hard to get a complete outfit including accoutrements), a wig that is longer rather than shorter, and preferably blond, and most of all, a skirt. People seem to look at you, and find these things are clues to which gender you are. But using them seems more like a trick, compared to the seeming natural feminity of appearance of the tall GG's I referred to.
    Maybe part of it is body shape. Someone somewhere suggested that avoiding the male beer belly look, might be achieved in some cases, by just using a belt under your clothes as a cincher, around your waist. I have not got into trying a padded behind, (and hips), though that might help to make a more natural feminine appearance too.

It is a good question, I believe that most CDs are not really transgendered as such, rather they just want to express their own inner feminine values and latch onto the only role models who are allowed to express femininity, namely women. We then seek to emulate women so that we can feel at ease expressing our femininity as part of the female club.

We desire to look like a women because they represent the pinnacle of femininity. If there was another group condoned by soceity who did a better job - then we would emulate them instead.

People confuse the fact that femininity and being a woman are two different things. The first is an appreciation of certain values and personality traits and the latter is a genetic fact of birth. Some women excel in expressing their masculinity!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Lock View Post
    ... Maybe part of it is body shape. Someone somewhere suggested that avoiding the male beer belly look, might be achieved in some cases, by just using a belt under your clothes as a cincher, around your waist. I have not got into trying a padded behind, (and hips), though that might help to make a more natural feminine appearance too.

Beth, I think the shape has a great impact on the visual presentation. I'm overweight with a belly and when I want to REALLY LOOK like the classic image of what we think women should look like, well then, I wear a waist cincher and padded hips/behind (a Veronica). But I Rarely wear all that anymore. I'm much more comfortable with who I am and I am Jenna all the time except for about 45 hours a week to/from and at work.

As for the question of what to wear to the movies, we've noted that most women opt for the comfy feel, unless they're on a date or it's a special occassion. This past weekend I attended the Sex and the City movie with a friend. I usually go the comfy route of pants and a top, but we decided to dress up a bit. So I wore a nice gypsy skirt and lace trimmed tank top along with some nice sandals. Most of the audience were women and while a very few were "comfy", the vast majority were dressed up a bit - lots of skirts and dresses and dressier slacks/jeans. Most were in groups of women though there were a few dates and married couples, but there were absolutely NO children. I'd consider Sex and the City movie an event and atypical, but it was fun to dress for a movie.

You may wonder why/how I noticed all this. Even though I practically live as Jenna, I'm still not confident with my fashion sense, so I'm ALWAYS looking to see what other women are wearing, how they're wearing it, and what they're accessorizing with their outfit. I imagine most women pay attention to what others wear from time to time, I just do it almost ALL the time.

Jenna
    [SIZE="2"]There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. - George Sand[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jaina View Post
    You can blend in, in a skirt.

Many on this site seem to only think that there are jeans or mini skirts.
    I agree Jaina. Most of the time when out and about enfemme I am in a skirt and most of that time it is a longer jean skirt. I blend well, but I do not pass.

As far as feminine or like a woman, I am a guy who is always a mix of masculine and feminine no matter how I am dressed. I can feel feminine in work clothes; jeans, tee, steel toe boots, tool belt and cap. Or I can feel like my masculine male self all decked out feminine in my frilly finest. For me CDing is alining my feminine feelings and physical traits with the way I was taught they should look growing up by my parents and society. Personally I am not trying to emulate a woman as I am just a guy with both masculine and feminine traits, attributes, and physical features.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.