View Poll Results: Which material do you prefer?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cotton

18 11.25%
  • Lace

20 12.50%
  • Nylon

56 35.00%
  • Silk

36 22.50%
  • Spandex

20 12.50%
  • Other man-made material (please explain)

10 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Material Girl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Material Girl

We all love the look and feel of a particular material, particularly for underwear. What's your favorite?

For bonus points, cite the name of a material that is neither on the list, nor already in the thread.

I'll start with "95% Modal".

WTF is modal? Have I been living under a rock?
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 06-12-2008 at 04:37 PM.

Nylon or aka satin although I love cotton on a hot day.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

I guess i,m just really into the feel of sexy lingerie...[And everything else girly!!]
    Silk, satin, lace, lycra..I love the feel of everything feminine...Maybe thats why i became a crossdresser
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-12-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added a bit

Nylon as in pantyhose . there is nothing like ultra sheer nylon over freshly shaved or waxed legs it's to die for !! better than sex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Nylon as in pantyhose . there is nothing like ultra sheer nylon over freshly shaved or waxed legs it's to die for !! better than sex

....except for the better than sex... sorry MJ but I would even give up pantyhose if it came down to a choice!

Shannen

Other man-made material (please explain)

Bamboo, don't laugh a lot of clothing hear is Aus is coming out made of bamboo, it is actually softer then cotton.
    Sophie Mosley

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    We all love the look and feel of a particular material, particularly for underwear. What's your favorite?

For bonus points, cite the name of a material that is neither on the list, nor already in the thread.

I'll start with "95% Modal".

WTF is modal? Have I been living under a rock?
    Modal rocks! I actually have this thing for lycra blends. My wife was wearing a pair of lycra blend pj's last night and I had to have a pair like them so we went out and bought them today...I told her this was it for the summer.

I love lycra. I have several lycra mini skirts (25cms - 10" long) and they are just sooooo wonderful. They are incredibly light (I weighed one on a very accurate scale and it was a mere ninety grams - 1.5oz) and I don't even know I'm wearing it.

I DON'T like polyester, but some of my favorite skirts and dresses are rayon. If it is of good quality, I like how light it can be and the way it moves.

The downside is that on a hot humid day, it can get VERY hot.

Other materials:
    Hemp. From what I hear, it is a great material that is stronger and cheaper to produce than cotton. Up here in Vermont, we are pretty much mandated to wear Hemp skirts with our birkenstocks.

Lycra. Not so much for my CD clothes, but I do a lot of cycling and have a closet pretty full of lycra-based clothes.

Edit: I didn't realize until just now when I went to wikipedia that Rayon and Modal are basically the same thing. (I'd never heard of Modal before this thread).
    Last edited by Cristi; 06-12-2008 at 06:22 PM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Spandex AND lycra

R my best friends! Followed by the rest.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love spandex for underwear. I do not have any spandex outerwear, I do not believe it is appropriate for someone of my body type. I hate being chased by those people carrying harpoons yelling, "Arr, thar she blows!"
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

The question, and the answers available in the poll, would suggest underwear. And is lace really a material, or something that one can do with material? Anyway, I like it, so I voted for it. I like lacy underwear, be it made of silk or satin. Even nylon makes for a really silky feel.

Clothing is another matter. Every different fabric makes for a unique quality to the clothing, and I like a lot of different fabrics. Silk is wonderful, but I wouldn't want all my stuff made of silk. My favorite clothing materials for stuff that would be appropriate for wearing to work are crepe and good ol' polyester cotton blend. I like various knits, like boucle, too. For sweaters and sweater dresses, it's no contest. I love acrylic! It's so touchable, and it's washable, too, without much risk of shrinkage.

So that's clear as mud, right?

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I love cotton/spandex blends, with lots of spandex. It is both comfortable and sexy.

Rayon. Smooth as polyester but it breathes.

Rayon is a synthetic fiber made from cellulose extracted from wood. Modal is a type of rayon where only Beechwood is used.

Olefin, a microfiber made from polyproplyene. Polyproplyene, a plastic manufactured from propane gas. It has fantastic wicking properties and makes great socks or sock liners for winter use. It feels somewhat like silk. I wish someone would make lingerie with it.

Pamela

Hey, where's my bonus points for mentioning acrylic? As for all you rayon lovers....yeah, yeah....feels like silk at a quarter of the price. But I guess you love going to the dry cleaners!

Oh, sure...you use a lot of Woolite!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I much prefer silk, and have a lot of silk panties. But I also wear satin (lots of those also) and have recently got turned on by microfiber panties. They are very sleek and feel delicious!

Sissy/Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

There is nothing nicer to me than the feeling of satin against the skin. Satin slip worn over satin knickers, mmm, delicious.

Banned Read only
    I love silk underwear and slips.

I quite like the satin material, satin blouse's and skirts.
    Love leather skirts the best though.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

lycra and microfibre. I like nylon but it gets uncomfortable after a while.

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar

I think....

Angora Bikini Top

Angora wool or Angora fiber refers to the downy coat produced by the Angora rabbit. Angora wool or Angora fiber refers to the downy coat produced by the Angora rabbit.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    http://www.angoraknitforyou.com/ango...a_knit_for.htm
    True
    Friendship

“A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway”
    Fr. Jerome Cummings

It is silly to say, I dont like any of those types, in their own particular setting. Each has its benefits and each with its lesser traits.

My budget doesn't allow the more expensive fabrics though so I have limited experience with them.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Although all feminine materials (silk, satin, nylons etc) feel wonderful, I have a velvet dress that I love the feel of
    Hugs,

Christi

I prefer silk for wearing out at night. It's cool next to the skin.

For everyday wear, like cotton as it's more practical and can look good too!