Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Overdose and the return to 'Male" mode.

The only curse I have on me is not being able to be Christina when and where and how much I like. I'm looking so farward to the day where I'm out and into my own place and able to go femme 24-7 and never look back.

Red face ODing

For the past couple of years I've been able to dress any time I wanted except at work. I don't feel it as a curse and I don't see how anyone could. As a child I was put down for it and made to feel as if I was a sinner and doing something wrong which I haven't fully gotten out of my mind yet but I have never felt that I have ODed on dressing when I've gone days in fem except for my feet KILLING me when in heels for 10 or 12hrs.

Never overdosed on dressing,just wish i could do it more.Ah well.

Nikki

I used to think of this as a curse, but not anymore
    Now i,ve come to accept myself, i dress whenever and for as long as i like and enjoy my "gift"!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-14-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added punctuation

My SO has gone through periods, where he ( and not necessarily of his own choosing wouldn't be able to dress) I believe he would feel you are lucky at least to be able to do it 24/7 for a few days. As a gg, I'm glad in some ways that you are happy also to be in 'guy' mode.

crossdressing has been a struggle with him, hiding it for years, etc. I don't know what it's like to feel the 'desire', but I do think it's healthy to be happy with whom you are, like yourself when you are in 'guy' mode and like yourself when in 'femme' mode, but above all be happy with just being you.

if you have a SO that confindence that you have within yourself, will help them feel confident in there relationship with you.

I'm only dating my SO at the present time, he has been cross dressing a very long time, he's been married 2 times, has children. He's tried to be what others (his SO's ) expected of him, but struggled with this other side, I just want him now with me to find happiness or that balance that he needs, so you are not alone. I do think at one time he thought of it as a curse, but has found acceptance within himself.

Again i echo alot with what others here have put, i used to think it was a curse, and that old familiar question "why me?" over time you get wiser, and take what you think is curse and use it to your advantage.

I look upon my cd'ing now as a huge help in boosting my confidence, when i was at school i was'nt a confident person, but now, years later i like to think i am the opposite, and going out buying female clothes, shoes, makeup etc has given me the confidence boost i lacked many years back.

I am at the moment going though quite a stressfull part of my life and cd'ing is giving me the 'escape' of being Dee for a few hours and to put all my problems behind me. If doctors could see what cd'ing does to relieving our stress levels, they would prescribe it!!

Dee.

Overdosing,, interesting point

Its whatever suits as far as i'm concerned,, Sometimes i'm Eliza Everyday but this last few months i've never seen her not even the once,, as been said its about intergrating it in to your life as you see fit or as you need, if everyday suits then so be it, if not then hey-ho...

It gets worse as you get older. Need to dress almost daily.Doing it for about 58 years. Had the same experience as you when younger . Dressed for a short time ,then stopped. Needed to dress maybe once a week or month. Dated a lot when younger and did very little dressing. Found as I got older began fantasizing about the girls from my younger days and started dressing just like them. I love the styles of the 50s where I was a teen and so dress in that era. CD ing becomes habit forming. But it is safer than Prozac and a great way to reduce some of thge stress in ones life.

everyone is different in how they cd...it varies for everyone. My cd is probably 70% male 30% female. Dressing happens more when heis overly stressed about something. It is usually an intamate thing also. She prefers to get really dressed up and then want to be physical. At this time he has no desire to share the female side with anyone other than on this site or other sites and myself. Don't think of it as a curse, but as something that is very common, I mean look at all the support you have here. I love the femme side of him because I feel he relates to me better than a normal man would.
    you only get to live this life once, cherish it, experience it, and don't be afraid to be yourself.....

GG
    personally as a GG i hate heels. i can't imagine being uncomfortable in my clothes.
    i agree with enjoy when needed, enjoy guy when needed.
    "Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we might as well dance."

You know, I've never been able to just "live" as a girl for that many days in a row. I'm curious now as to if I would stop being interested in it if I were to try it. Unfortunately with me working two jobs right now I'll not have time for a while to ever try this. I "imagine" that it would be heaven to be able to do that, but the reality might be different.
    My Transgender Blog - the girl inside

I've gone 4 days 24/7 but had to go back. I could have went forever.
    Angie

Even though I hid my dressing for many years (because of a disapproving spouse), I never considered it a curse. I was in counseling some years ago and was able to come to terms with my femme self. If anything, it is a blessing to be able to know and feel my feminine side without anxiety. I haven't OD'ed on it (not that I wouldn't love to, I just haven't gotten the opportunity yet), but if I ever did, I think it would be the best high I ever experienced. Drug free, alcohol free, perfectly safe and legal. What a great way to overdose . Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Shiney,
    I have done the same thing. I've gone months only being able to dress for short periods of time and then gotten the opportunity to dress 24/7 for several days in a row. My face felt raw, my legs and feet were sore from the shoes and I was ready to wear my guy clothes for a while. I don't know if it was an OD, but I was satisfied with the experience.
    I haven't had that chance for a couple of years and am back in the short periods of dressing and it would be nice to get the chance once again. As I've gotten older, I have noticed a desire that has increased as I've aged. It may be that I associate so many calm, enjoyable times en femme that I really do find it to be my reward for everything I have to go thru in my guy world. Good luck.

Silver Member
    I do not consider being a cd as a curse. I think of it as just the opposite, a blessing. I have known I was a cd since the age of about 8 and have enjoyed this part of me all of my life. If there was a magic pill that I could take to make the urge to cd go away I would not take it. I need and cherish this part of me and feel blessed to have been born this way. There is no way I could ever 'od' on cd. Shiny, I hope that you can come to a compromise on living the two sides of who you are and be at peace with yourself. I wish you the best of everything in your quest to discover who you really are.

Have you considered that you may be happiest somewhere "in between"? Perhaps you don't need to go "ultra femme" and bounce around from one extreme to the other?

I'm just tossing this up for your consideration. Each of us are different and have our individual needs.

Best wishes,

Patti

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Just finished another 4 day 24/7 stint in girl mode. I wanted to find my limit and to push my limit, and this afternoon I found I just couldn't deal with the heels, the forms, or the straps and garters anymore.
    (..)
    After an overdose week in drag and in going back to who I really am I feel tired but relieved. I really enjoy the feeling of being a guy again and it usually lasts a couple weeks until I feel the need to "hit the silk" once again.
    Your experience sounds rather common for me.
    When I was younger I felt often like you do after I had crossdressed for several hours or one day long, so that my crossdressing sessions used to occur at several weeks distance.

With aging I learnt to better understand my dual self and to know how to manage the balance between my guy time and my fem time.

I found it's all a matter of balance, to avoid the overdose.
    An overdose can still occur for me but it tends to become quite rare.

In any case, I feel I'm not yet able to drift to 7/7 24/24 fem mode ; I would have to stop before one elapsed week.

Hugs

Nadia

A blessing...

Desiring to be femme a curse? Good lord, no... I so love this part of my being and have come to feel it a blessing which I could never imagine denying myself again - saying this after untold years of denial and some incredibly costly purges. These days the only time I feel I'm myself is after hours of primping, adorning and transitioning to Robyn. Only then do I feel relaxed within my skin and feel all is as it should be...

As for overdosing... That's NEVER happened. Just the opposite, really, for the longer and... deeper I allow myself to go within my femininity, the harder it is to come back to my drab male existence.

Robyn
    Last edited by Robyn2006; 06-20-2008 at 10:30 PM.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

Never forget to dream Raquelle C's Avatar
    I sort of feel the same way.... I go through 1, 2, or even 3 days of strong feeling about cding and then it dies out for a few days, or sometimes a week or two and then comes back all over again. I learned to try to balance it out and act on your feelings if possible to bring you to equilibrium.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Without going into a lot of detail here, (as I been through this forum issue before last fall), I truly understand Shiny and stand behind her when she refers to it as "a curse". Its metaphorical and I will say here that this is reflective only to me, my opinions and how I feel about the use of that term. I actually first used that term when emotionally breaking down in an office session of my sex /CD therapist with my wife fully supporting me and comforting me at that moment. I know where Shiny is coming from, as I also know that 2 weeks later I will have almost denied saying that term because its time to hit the "silk again" and get the physical and emotional pleasure that comes with it.
    I am probably in the same age group with Shiny and agree that it does get worse as we get older.
    I've spent a 2 or 3 day weekend dressed when I was home alone, and frankly like she said i got bored with it and was glad to return.

Now as ladies here we should stand and support one another, and ease up a bit on her if you don't agree.This forum fortunately is here to express opinions and feelings and yours are respected also, but so is Shiny's.Is there anyone else on this thread that can somewhat agree with Shiny and i on that term.? Surely we can't be alone

I've been there
    In the same on again /off again cycle... and confused by it... but loving it when I find its not a curse to me( on that day or that moment)
    Hugs,
    Megan
    Last edited by Megan70; 06-17-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Typos

Hold on a moment, were all different and in different stages of our lives. I have just finished a four day stint crossdressing. I am still re-living the experiences I had and am loving every minute of it. I am now totally open with it and think that helps. Can't wait for next time (Thursday week). Its the most brilliant thing I've ever done. Look at the picture!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Cd overdose? Not here. I only wish I could overdose on dressing up. Outside of my monthly Tri-Ess meeting in which I'm dressed for the entire late afternoon and evening, I haven't really been dressing much at home.
    -Audrey

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    The longest I have gone is a week and then I would have done another given the chance. You find so many things get easier when you do them every day. The total immersion into my feminine being, allowed me to really relax and enjoy my time as Paulette.

I think overdose is a good description. For me it seems the longer I can stay dressed, the harder the landing is when I return to drab mode. I actually ache and feel ill when I have to undo Andi and put her away. I've never taken drugs but if this is anything like coming off of a high, it's no fun at all for sure. Then my mind goes squirrelly thinking about when the next chance to dress will occur. Until then I'm useless and can't think straight.

Hugs, Andi

Im happy with my cd/non cd times throughout the day/week.Cant remember the last day i wasnt dressed.Certainly dont feel the need to force myself to cd 24/7 to purge myself of what is part of me.I have a nice balance and im going to stay with it,thankyou.
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!