Thread: What's the worst that could happen? post pix

What's the worst that could happen? post pix

I would love to post a face pic to get criticism on my makeup, etc. pretty much anything that would make me passable, but I'm so scared. So my question to you girls is what made you say: okay, i'm going to post a face pic? btw, this is coming from a completely closeted TS.

i think being out to family and friends helps. so at this stage in my life i just don't care what people think . so with that what you see is what you get .

and any how if some says anything i would wonder why are they coming to a cross dressing web site . guess it's true we are not alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Only members can see the pics. It's a little scary, but you're among friends. Come on...let's see!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Metal Mistress from CT MentalMercury's Avatar
    If you do get the courage, post them in the picture and video section, or the mods will end up moving it anyway. As for posting, I was really nervous at first too, so that's understandable, sometimes all it takes is a little time to get comfy here.

Cereal Killer Ashley in Virginia's Avatar
    Whats the worst that could happen?....

Lets see, someone you know sees it and outs you to your friends and family humiliating you in the process.

Whats the worst thats LIKELY to happen?....

You possibly get a swelled head from the compliments you get. And we all know how much swelled heads suck. Your hats wont fit anymore, people will make fun of you and your big forehead, you will have to spend more time washing your face and hair, Oh the humanity!

I can't think of one time where someone on the forum was outed because they posted a picture here. Remember, the photo section is members only. For someone to go thru the trouble to create an account here, and then find you is not very likely to happen.

Relax, you are among friends. Let go a little. A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.
    Last edited by Ashley in Virginia; 06-14-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    If I ever get real rich, I hope I'm not real mean to poor people, like I am now.

hi
    what you have to think about is, if somebody does see you and recognize you , you have to ask yourself what they are doing on a cross dressing forum in the first place, i wouldn't worry about it, post it, have fun
    Nat xox

I felt the same way when I first joined this forum, but when I did finally did show my face it gave me an opportunity to improve my look!

I admire the girls who have worked up the courage. I'd feel sick and nervous for each minute my picture would be visible. You can ask them what they're doing on this site but with one click they can copy your picture and deny where they found it. The web is a funny place, anything can happen. Being completely in the closet adds a small spark to dressing but prevents me from revealing my face. Maybe if I purchase some makeup and learn to do that well enough to alter my appearance nicely I can feel comfortable doing so.

I would post pics, the only problem being that I am a total Luddite when it comes to using digital cameras. 35mm SLR, that I understand, but digital ones leave me at a loss. I haven't figured out how to use them yet.

I do have one decent male photo on my computer, but the content may be a bit offensive to some people.

I'm also trying to learn makeup. Being color blind doesn't help....

M

Well it's like a game of chicken... Ya post a photo (usually a far away one... blurry...) and nothing happens...... Nothing.... So you post another.... Nothing again.... then a another... another and before you know it you have posted thousands, all over the web... enfemme and not... movies.... And still nothings happened.... Well at least I have done this... lol

So come on in.... I mean out... .......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Yeah nothing bad will come of it.

People will say "OH you are so pretty" or "You must be a GG" and then a GG will comment intelligently and everyone will cheer for her....

And Julie York will be making a thread called "Which came first, Johnny or the apple seed?" or something like that...

The above is what normally happens...

So worry not.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I went through some of the same thoughts before posting my photo. I finally reached my decision to post because 1) I doubt that anyone who knows me will recognise me by my photo and 2) if anyone were to recognise me I doubt that it would cause me any harm.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

It took a while before i posted my first pic, but in the end i just decided i wanted to and did.
    If anyone you know recognises you on here, you,ve got to ask yourself, why are they on here anyway?
    They,re probably another crossdresser who you didn,t realise was a crossdresser too!!!
    Last edited by Deborah Jane; 06-15-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added a bit to make what i meant clearer

If it will hgelp any this is the first time I have used an avatar on my post

Banned Read only
    There is a remote chance that someone you don't want to know happens upon your picture and sends it to News of the World!

What better way to get your fifteen minutes of fame

Seriously though, you need to ask yourself WHY you want to post your picture, and what you would feel like IF someone happened upon it, which is quite unlikely, but always possible.

"So my question to you girls is what made you say: okay, i'm going to post a face pic?"
    Rather than wonder about the worst that could happen, what do you get from it that makes it worth doing?
    You think you may get critique on make-up. Maybe. But what you will get regardless of responses is a kind of validation of yourself. You put your image in a forum of like minded people and they can see you. Believe me this is worth something. One of the many drawbacks of closet CDing (and I've been there, I know) is that no-one except you ever sees you.
    And I think the possible (and nonexistent) downside has been covered already.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Wink Imma Wears Sun Glasses In Photos

To Group:

Since Imma still want to keep face concealed, Imma makes photographs with large, dark sun glasses.

Follow the link at Flickr to see some of my photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23704386@N02/

Since my wife tells me that I have good looking legs, Imma likes to make photographs with them clad in nylon stockings and CFMHH.

LOL

Imma

that i migth send them to the wrog place and out my self

Silver Member
    I joined this site a little over two months ago and felt the same way at first. After being a member here for two weeks and reading thousands of posts I came to the realization that my fears were unfounded. I have my pics posted on several other websites besides this one and have no fear of anyone seeing them that would react negatively because of this. Having the confidence to post pics of oneself comes with time. For some it will come sooner than others but eventually it will happen. Just wait until you reach that level of confidence before doing something that you are uncomfortable with.

the wig

love the wig

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well it's like a game of chicken... Ya post a photo (usually a far away one... blurry...) and nothing happens...... Nothing.... So you post another.... Nothing again.... then a another... another and before you know it you have posted thousands, all over the web... enfemme and not... movies.... And still nothings happened.... Well at least I have done this... lol

So come on in.... I mean out... .......