Thread: And why would you want to buy your brother a purse??

And why would you want to buy your brother a purse??

Too funny and so fitting........... I'm at Wal-mart at lunch... In where else..... The cosmetics isle... Surprised?? With 3 or 4 tubes of mascara in my hand.. And looking at some eye shadows when around the corner comes a woman... Pushing a cart.. With a male toddler in the seat and a young girl following along behind... And they just passed the makeup cases and purses... And I hear the woman reply to her daughter...

"And why would you want to buy your brother a purse??"

Because its pretty and he would like it Mommy...... She replies.... As they stroll down the isle... And out of sight....

And I was smiling the whole time... Kids are soo cute and have no knowledge of gender stereo types... Or how they are "supposed to act" or what they are required to like or wear!! And it became readily appearent that it was the mom's responsibility, socialy, to teach her kids what was gender appropriate...

Be a whole knew ball game if parents just let them discover what they like on their own... So let your daughter pick out a cute purse for her brother.... And maybe he'll get her a nice pair of black wingtip's... Or a cordless drill? Or a new hockey stick!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-16-2008 at 12:48 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have another cute Walmart story. One day this woman and two kids walked pass me. As they did, I heard the woman say, "Stop complaing about your feet, you said you wanted to be a girl didn't you". I had to turn and look. I saw a woman with looked like two girls in tow. The second one was taller than the first, both had dresses on, carring purses, long hair, but the second one also had what looked like 3" spike high heels on.

Aspiring Member
    ...older sisters!!! I have one!!

I bet she would take him home with his new purse, put a dress on him, smear some lipstick on his lips and serve him tea!

(can't imagine WHY I would every think older sisters would do that...)

-Shannen

Her rationale or excuse sounds about as credible as "My dog ate my homework". Maybe she was using her brother to get a new purse for herself. Then again, I wish that I had a sister who would look out for my interest.

Babette

then again, it could be that she recognizes the fact that males (of any age) are visual creatures and she notices that he likes the pretty colors, or the vibrant images.

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Babette View Post
    Maybe she was using her brother to get a new purse for herself.
    Babette
    Sisters would do that?

Back in the staid and stodgy fifties when I was a young lad, I would have been embarrassed to death If my sisters had given me anything feminine, even though, I probably would have loved it. At age 7 when I wore my very first dress and panties there were rules about what boys and girls had to do to be "normal".

Now that I'm in my sixties and much more world wise, I would accept that purse or anything else feminine, then I would plant a huge kiss and hug on the giver along with a smile of appreciation. Luv and Jill
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Maybe she meant why would you want to buy your brother a purse from from "Wal Mart?" If you are going to buy him a purse get him one from Dillard's or Macy's.

Quote Originally Posted by JocelynQuivers View Post
    Maybe she meant why would you want to buy your brother a purse from from "Wal Mart?" If you are going to buy him a purse get him one from Dillard's or Macy's.
    I think you've got it, Jocelyn!! I missed the rest of the conversation where she's said "Let's go over to Macys and get your brother a decent purse and a kick ass Little Black Dress to match".

Funny too but thinking back what she didn't say, at least from what I heard... She didn't say "No... Boys don't get purses"!! She asked her daughter shy she thought her brother should get one... But the again I didn't hear all the conversation... I should have stalked them around the store!! Lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What KandisTX said about colors is interesting. I think WE ALL like pretty collors only most guys have it culturally supressed. Look at the glorious colors commonly worn by both genders in tropical places and especially Africa.
    I'v heard it said that preference survays in the US find that men chose
    "natural" colors because of a primordial conection to hunting. Green and blue are common choices. Women were found to favor bright and vibrant colors most liklely as a result of thier role as gatherers of fruit, vegies and blossoms in our earlier days. Bunk! It's entirely cultural. Why is it then, my favorite color is fuchsia? It's so nice to be feminine and not suffer from all those limitations. And yes; aren't kidds great! Last weekend I was having lunch at our local Wegmans and a little girl, about 4 or so, was stareing at me. I wasn't all dressed up or anything; just my usual andro self. Finely she asked dead serious, "What are you, a boy or a girl?" The last time I was asked that was in the sixtys when I was in my teens. I'm almost certain it was the colors that threw her off. Everyone within earshot got a laugh or a smile.

I haven't heard that one since the sixtys.