Thread: The Ups And Downs of A Monday Afternoon

The Ups And Downs of A Monday Afternoon

I got the call that my new heels had arrived at Payless (I get in store delivery to keep the peace at home). So I finish up at work and head on over to the store like I've done a number of times before. I gave the girl my name and she went to the back to get my package. I thought I knew the routine so when she walked back with the box I was ready for the handoff. Well, she went right past me and behind the counter and said she was going to check my order. As she began to open the box I experienced instant terror and must have turned 10 different shades of red. As we both looked into the box at my new shoes she said "size 12 wide sir". All I could say was "yep". Then she gave me the shipping invoice and told me I would need it if they didn't fit. At that point I realized I really didn't care as much as I thought I would. I took my new shoes, said thank you and headed out to my car with one thought, to slip on my new 4" sling backs. As I get to my car what do I see but a ticket on my windshield for an expired inspection. My new $20 shoes were now up to $85. Talk about ruining my good time. So I get into my car slip on my shoes and all the problems of the day just melt away.
    I guess the point of all this rambling is that at least for me, a new pair of heels will cure any advesity that life throws my way.

hahaha... I guess you can draw that conclusion.... if and only if you hunt down the office that gave you the ticket and nailed him or her squarley in the forehead with your new heels!!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Hi Selene,

I would recommend that when you order your next pair of shoes that you try them on in the store. I always go into payless and try on shoes. At that last store the clerk helped me an commented on my pretty red toenails. It is really fun.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Selene EV View Post
    I got the call that my new heels had arrived at Payless (I get in store delivery to keep the peace at home). So I finish up at work and head on over to the store like I've done a number of times before. I gave the girl my name and she went to the back to get my package. I thought I knew the routine so when she walked back with the box I was ready for the handoff. Well, she went right past me and behind the counter and said she was going to check my order. As she began to open the box I experienced instant terror and must have turned 10 different shades of red. As we both looked into the box at my new shoes she said "size 12 wide sir". All I could say was "yep". Then she gave me the shipping invoice and told me I would need it if they didn't fit. At that point I realized I really didn't care as much as I thought I would. I took my new shoes, said thank you and headed out to my car with one thought, to slip on my new 4" sling backs. As I get to my car what do I see but a ticket on my windshield for an expired inspection. My new $20 shoes were now up to $85. Talk about ruining my good time. So I get into my car slip on my shoes and all the problems of the day just melt away.
    I guess the point of all this rambling is that at least for me, a new pair of heels will cure any advesity that life throws my way.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Gold Member
    LOL, just got to love monday!

Inspection tag? Are you talking about your registration sticker on your license? Or was this a parking ticket of some sort?

I used to be a nervous wreck in payless, only going when I thought the store would be empty (weekday mornings) leaving when it wasn't. I would grab a pair quickly and turn beet red as I tried to check out. Then one day the SA turned the corner of the aisle and surprised me. It was obvious I was looking at the ladies shoes, I was about to leave but she kindly asked me if I needed help. She asked me if I needed help and suggested I try on some pairs and walk around the store. We joked about needing to shoe shop not wanting. I ended up with a cute pair of maryjane pumps I still wear to this day.

Now I just walk in and start trying on shoes regardless of other store traffic. It has made me a more bold shopper in other stores as well.

The SA also told me that I was one of several she saw from time to time. Every time I go in now I wish I would run in to another man shopping.

[SIZE="3"]Hi Selene,

I've had shoes delivered to payless and the SA that waited on me opened the box to check my order, much to my suprise. She went on and on about how cute my shoes were and said that she didn't have that style in her store. I gave her a big lipsticky grin

Kelsy[/SIZE]
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

sounds like it was more up then down.

You really shouldnt worry so much. I LOVE shoes (dont we all) and shop Payless (and its clones) all the time. SAs and other customers always assume the shoe is for the wife/so. I had one dear old lady congratulate me the other day for doing something her husband would never do! They only catch on when I walk around in them! LOL.But for those interested in secrecy, RELAX!!!!! Why would anyone think you were buying them for yourself? We are a small minority, and most other people DO NOT think or feel as we do, so they dont dream we might actually be buying them for ourselves.
    Pet peeve: not be able to put on my girl clothes!

I think we have all gone or will go through the same expereince. It is intimidating to think someone will know these are for me, and then you realize that most people just don't care and it get's easier and easier. PS your shoes sound cute, enjoy them, Kris