Thread: Self-adhesive breast form report

Self-adhesive breast form report

Girls,

I have purchased breast forms from www.breastformstore.com several times before, and always had an excellent experience. When I decided to buy another pair this week, I looked around and noticed that the vendor set has increased somewhat. After some research, I decided to buy a pair of forms from www.truekare.com, their asymetrical model, size 8. Since they had these with an "imperfect" discount, I ordered these.

The big difference between these forms and those I've had in the past is the adhesive back. The back is protected by a piece of plastic, which peels off to reveal the entire sticky back surface.

I went for the truekare forms because of the price -- a savings of almost 50% versus other vendors -- and had rather pooh-poohed the notion of self-adhesive forms. The vendors themselves, as well as others in the TV/TG/TS community say that it's unlikely you can go braless with these forms; the adhesive is "merely" useful to keep them in place inside your clothes.

So, I wore them a few times with the plastic backing in place, and of course, they sent me straight to transgender heaven, as forms always do in comparison to cheap alternatives, like water balloons. But, after a few hours, I figured it was time to try the adhesive, and see how it performs.

I did this with some fear and trepidation. I'm totally closeted; wife and family away for a week or so, but my chest is rather hairy, and I was a little concerned about what the stickum would do to me. "Well, no guts, no glory," I thought, as I peeled off the plastic from the forms. "How bad could it be, after all?"

I stood in front of the mirror and carefully placed first one form, then the other, on my front. I was rather surprised, then delighted, then ecstatic about how well they stuck. For the first time in my 40-something-year transgender life, I got to experience what it was like to put on a bra over my breasts, as opposed to putting one on so that I could stuff it with them . Oh, yes, more transgender heaven.

I tried on a variety of bras, bathing suits and braless clothing options, and was delighted with the results. The forms will start to peel off around the edges if they're not supported, no doubt about it -- so the vendors and community are right to discount the totally braless option. I'd certainly not go out dancing in a Little Black Dress with nothing holding me together but this adhesive. But, the effect is far superior to non-sticky forms with those pads stuck on the back of them.

Several of my outfits provided enough support to go braless, including a stretchy tank top, a bathing suit with a built-in bra, a very tight teeshirt (oh, yes, wait till you see yourself with a wet teeshirt!). A filmy negligee didn't work; the forms would clearly separate if I slept in them without a bra.

Oh, and before some of you ping me about not sleeping with my forms on -- been there, done that. Having lived with a rather well-endowed GG for 20-something years, I know they don't sleep on their front, because it just doesn't work. Neither do I, en femme. But, waking up in the morning in a nightgown is worth the potential risk of breaking the forms -- which I've never done or heard of.

So, finally, the moment of truth -- taking the forms off. I prepared for the worst, imagining a painful extraction, and seeing their back surfaces covered with my chest hair. But no! Peeling them carefully off my chest, they separated cleanly and took virtually none of my hair with them. AWESOME!

This is the reason I'm starting this thread. I've avoided sticky forms for years because of what I assumed they would do to my chest hair, and that I can't shave without outing myself. Turns out, at least with me, this was not an issue.

And, ladies, the effect of having the forms being a "part" of you, even inside a bra or bathing suit, is easily worth the price of admission. Have you ever tried to do a "shimmy" with loose forms in a bra? Doesn't work too well, because the forms jump around, faithfully obeying Newton's second law of motion. But the adhesive forms are part of your body a lot more than the others, and "I can shimmy like my sister Kate" and everything stays where it oughta.

Bottom line -- self-adhesive forms turned out to be a way better idea than I thought they might.

Other input -- the TrueKare "imperfect" forms I bought were fine. I *think* I can see the imperfection -- a little fold on the underside of the left -- but clearly no big deal.

Hugs,
    Susie

Tricia Ann Marie triciaannmarie's Avatar
    I also bought mine at TrueKare. Have only worn them a couple of times so far but as of right now i just love them. Feel like a woman.

Got my Truekare's about a month ago and just luv 'em. Also bought the 'imperfect' ones but can't find the imperfection. You're right about the 'stik'em' they work great. I wear mine mostly under bra top camis or sports bras but have worn them to bed. The stik'em will, however, weaken over time but that's mostly from sweat and dirt. But it is fun while it lasts.

I have had the exact same pair for over six months now and the adhesive has started to weaken a bit but I have been a bit lax about their care. Wash them with soap and water after every use and let them dry before you put them back into the case and they should last longer. Wash your chest area with alcohol (no, not whiskey) and they will stick a bit better. Curious, how do you rate them for softness and bounce compared to the ones from the breastform store?
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

Shimmy shake forms...

I've never had that problem....

I wear a size 34 bra over my size 42 chest and everything stays put as if it were riveted to my sternum!

They look great and I will try a pair. but the other day I came home to find a package addressed to me had been opened by my stepson. I can't even believe that he somehow thought he had the right to do that. But he will be moving out for good within the month, and then I'll buy me some new tits.

any good suggestions for cute nipples?

Maybe Superglue would hold them better?

Sorry, I couldn't resist, the devil made me type it! LOL

Patti

Check out the breastform store for their Naughty Nipples. To me, the small are the best bet for realism but I had to get the small, medium, large combination for, I think, 25 bucks. The large are pretty big but if they are not enough, they have and extra large.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Always be my friend?

My Truekares

I got mine about 6 months ago.I decided to go for it and not get the imperfects. They are great! I am one of the lucky ones and do not have hardly any chest hair. As far as softness goes I would give them a 9 out of 10. Bounce? I don't know as I am past the running stage of life but I guess they should get at least a 7. I read about them on this site. There is a lot of good information here. Thanks to SusieJ and all who comment and contribute. SueanneW
    Last edited by SueanneW; 06-22-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: word missing

Aspiring Member
    This sort of report is exactly why they're on my list of high priority items

Question

I was actually just looking into buying some breast forms, but im new to this whole thing. Im 6' and about 200lbs with a 46" chest. what size do you recomend for me to look natural.

Many thanks Susie, and also to all you other girls. I have two questions in case any of you can answer them: For a chest measurement of 35 inches which size of bra and True Kare forms would you recommend? Also do True Kare products arrive plainly wrapped without identification of contents? Thanks again.

Sapphire
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

RRod,You are about my size in height and weight except my chest is 42 but my breast size (over nipple) is almost 45. I wear a 42B bra and a size 8 fits fine. The skin side of the form is slightly concaved which allows room for natural breast tissue. If you are flat chested you might want to consider a larger size.Hope this helps SueanneW

Sapphire, I am not one to give advice on bra sizes. However my forms arrived via US Postal Service in a plain box with the contents not identified.However in your case if you are shipping to Ireland there would have to be a customs declaration. You might ask Truekare about that. Good luck. SueanneW

Quote Originally Posted by SueanneW View Post
    Sapphire, I am not one to give advice on bra sizes. However my forms arrived via US Postal Service in a plain box with the contents not identified.However in your case if you are shipping to Ireland there would have to be a customs declaration. You might ask Truekare about that. Good luck. SueanneW
    Thanks for that Sueanne.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Sapphire

Followup on the (dreaded) 3M adhesive spray

Ladies,

After a month or so of enjoying my TrueCare breast forms, I discovered that the adhesive has deteriorated somewhat.

I wash the backside of the forms every day of wearing (which is absolutely necessary to avoid an icky skin rash) -- I think the washing kind of wears away the glue.

So, a couple days ago, I'm sitting around on my sundeck, in a little yellow dress, a lycra bra holding everything together, and I think of the 3M Matte Adhesive I have in the drawer, for mounting photographs. In particular, I think of how much better that dress would look without the bra, and decide it's time to take the next big risk -- the 3M glue.

There's been a lot written in these pages about the 3M adhesive. Some girls say it's terriffic; others complain of rashes; still others say we're being foolish even to try it. I use it periodically to do photographs, and inevitably get it all over my arms in the process, so I can't believe it's that horrible for the skin.

I peel off the bra and the forms, get out the 3M spray, and apply a generous coat of the spray to the backs of the forms. Put them back in place, put the bra back on, and wait for five minutes. Then (drum roll, please) remove the bra.

The forms stay firmly in place. I've crossed another transgender boundary; I can feel the weight of my boobs as they drape off my chest! Fantastic! The yellow dress did look all that much better without the b-straps. So did the bikini!

The forms stayed firmly attached for about an hour, until (I believe) perspiration began to undermine the adhesive. It became more and more "risky" to lean forward, and finally I peeled the forms off again, as they were beginning to separate.

Now for the bad news: the 3M adhesive formed a new layer of skin over my chest that took a couple days to remove. It wasn't all that painful or unpleasant, but had I been given an opportunity to have my chest seen au naturel by anyone, serious questions would have been asked, and I would have had difficulty answering them. Now, a couple days later, with repeated washing, the adhesive has worn off and I'm back to normal.

I tried using some "Goof-Off" on one side, but it didn't seem to make much difference at the time, and with experience of a couple more days, the places I applied it, and those I didn't, seemed to get free of adhesive about the same time. The "Goof-off" contains Xylene, and I'm just as intimidated by that as I am the adhesive, so I used it sparingly.

Bottom line: breast forms are transgender heaven -- if you haven't tried them, you should. Go for the kind with the sticky back, as long as they're no more expensive, because you'll like the way they're "part of you". Your chest hair is safe; the glue that comes with them seems to take only a very small amount of it. And, the 3M adhesive does make forms stick hard, solid, for some period of time. But, there's definitely a price to be paid for that last part!

Hugs,
    Susie

Thank you so much for this marvelous post. I agree with your assessment, and have used both Truekare and pricey Amoena attachables. It's a bummer you can't shave/wax. They really do stick/feel so much better. Time to take up swimming, eh?
    -Sedona

Not so new... well sorta GINA-CD's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing, this is very educational for us girls who have never bought a pair.
    Would it be too much asking for pics? I'm interested on looking how natural they look with a tank top or a bikini maybe. I understand if you can't do that but asking never hurt anyone.

Thanks again!
    I'll be ready when I'm ready

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.Rhonda Hansome

Theres no time to lose, I heard her say
    Catch your dreams before they slip away
    Dying all the time / Lose your dreams
    And you will lose your mind. / Aint life unkind?
    Ruby Tuesday, The Rolling Stones

here is another angle!
    some month ago i put a light coat of hollister adhesive on my forms looking to see how that works.results were poor due to weight and size (Ds-i am 6ft3 210lbs).
    the interesting thing is when i took them off there was no visible residue on them so i left them be but ever since there is a slight tackiness left to them after they warm up which prevents them from sliding around making them feel so much more like my own!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

I have a pair of the TrueKare forms and love them. Bought them about a year ago and the didn't take as good of care of them that they recommend, so the adhesive got less and less tacky. To help that I used 3M's Super 77 spray. When you remove them, it does leave a film on your chest. I used Goo-Gone and it works for me, plus it smells orangey! I have never had a problem with rashes or the like. I have even slept with them many times. I highly recommend these. If you haven't got them already, what are you waiting for!

Ok I might be a redneck but this is what I have done. I have a pair of brest form from brestform.com. and when I got them they came with some two sided tape. The tape was only about 1/2x2 inch, so I put them around the outter edges. it work so so and when it was time to take the tape off I had a vary hard time getting the tape of the back. Anyhow it got me thinking, I had some carpet tape left over,,,, it was a lot wider and I could make it as long as I wanted. So what I did was to leave a small part of the tape covering on one end, so I could remove the tape that was on the brest when I was done. It work a lot better, I could almost go bra less. And yes I do love to sleep with them on, but did wear a bra to bed that night. I don't know how it would work with a hairy chest though, might not be a pretty sight after you take them off. But it is a lot nicer to feel the weigh of your brest with movement.

What breast forms look like

Quote Originally Posted by GINA-CD View Post
    Would it be too much asking for pics? I'm interested on looking how natural they look with a tank top or a bikini maybe.
    Gina,

Not at all too much to ask, but no, I don't do pictures. (A), I don't want to worry about someone stumbling on to them who might recognize something in the background, and (B) at my size and shape, I am not the least attractive as a female!

However, your query inspired me to add a postscript to my post -- what do these breast forms look like? The answer is, well, silicone breast forms! They most certainly don't look like the "real thing". Their surface is rather shiny, they are not as flexible and bouncy, and they have distinct "edges" that cannot be hidden. So, for those of you who have never tried them, I should point out that you're not going to be entranced by how they look -- rather, how they feel. I'm somewhat nearsighted, and if I put them on with a bra, stand in front of a full-length mirror at about 15 feet, and take my glasses off -- well, the cleavage is mildly believable. Having several beers beforehand also helps the illusion .

So, I've taken to wearing clothes that have high necklines, and with these, the forms are in their element.

There are monstrously expensive forms out there that are supposed to look extremely natural, as well as feel correct. Notorious on this list is the British vendor, transformations. They offer some photographs that look so great that folks think the models are really GG's. I must say I've never seen a breast form that came anywhere near looking that convincing.

Hope this helps! I'm still a huge fan of wearing forms. Nowadays they are so relatively inexpensive -- much less than a cocktail dress from Macy's, for instance!

Hugs,
    Susie

If you want to get serious, start with a cleavage enhancer and then put on forms with a good adhesive so that the edges are well bonded and a good fitting full coverage bra. Then use your makeup talents to blend the tone of your skin into the tone of the forms. It can be done and will look realistic but will take practice.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Always be my friend?