Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving under arms

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I have been shaving mine with my clipper every time get my hair cut. I keep my hair down very low, plus my wife who does not know does not say anything about it plus it keeps underarm oder down. For the most part I think its disgusting seeing underarm hair that needs to be braided.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's never been a problem with anyone who has seen me. My wife knows and I go to the gym occasionally. My granddaughter once stroked my freshly shaved leg and was impressed with how smooth it was, but there was no further discussion in my presence. What she and my adult children have to say behind my back may go there and beyond. They better be nice or I will leave them out of the will!

I shaved my pits on New Years day this year. My wife finally noticed last night. Not crazy about the idea but when I explained that I noticed a distinct lack of odor compared to before she didn't complain to much. I like it smooth. Even if I didn't CD I would have gotten to this point. I simply hate body hair. Unfortunately for me the last vestiges of hair on my body (not counting my head and well.. ahem) is my arms. And shaving them would just push things to far for the wife. I have to maintain a balance to be fair to her. Now if I can figure out how to trim my arm hair or lighten it.....

Banned Read only
    I regularly shave under my arms and nobody has ever said a thing about it, even though the rest of me is unshaved. I think it's one of those areas that nobody really pays attention to unless you have an unisghlty mass there.

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Nobody has said anything about my underarms. You have to look pretty closely to notice. I think it's really uncomfortable to have hair under there. once I started shaving, there was no going back!

the only comments I ever got were from befor I even had pit hair. One of friends swore I had pit hair and then he noticed one day that it was gone. He kept bugging me and telling everybody that I shaved my pits. When in actuality, I never had it to begin with.
    Now since I started growing it, I keep it shaved, along with everyother part of my body.

I shaved my armpits and legs for years. No one comments on it. Hairy armpits are usually stinkier. Many men who work out at gyms shave. Most people don't notice, care or comment about it.

My wife is kind enough to shave my back hair, so it doesn't show when I wear a swimsuit or something. She prefers to have the back hair removed. The only strange thing is that I shave my chest hair. My wife doesn't care. She doesn't like the scent of the hair remover, though.

Shaving as Hygene

I continue to be appalled by the nature of some of the discussions on this board. Shaving your armpits has nothing to do with sexual preference, orientation or anything else. It is just hygienic. Can you imagine how gross and disgusting your pits would be if the hair under them was six or seven inches long? YUCK!!!

My manly man father showed me and instructed me to shave my pits every month to prevent the stank of BO from building up as it will in long underarm hair over time.

Can we all get past the "people will think I am gay or a tranny if I shave anything..." mentality. Nobody gives a crap if you have hair in your armpits (or arms, or legs, or chest, or pubes). Really, don't worry about it.

Been completly shaved going on 3 years now, no one has ever said a word. Theres no going back for me.

I agree and can't understand why most males don't shave their underarms! It is gross and unsanitary. Also, any man that wears a tank top shirt should be required by law to shave his pits. It is just gross if he doesn't. Ewwww!

Quote Originally Posted by Deedee_tv View Post
    I continue to be appalled by the nature of some of the discussions on this board. Shaving your armpits has nothing to do with sexual preference, orientation or anything else. It is just hygienic. Can you imagine how gross and disgusting your pits would be if the hair under them was six or seven inches long? YUCK!!!

My manly man father showed me and instructed me to shave my pits every month to prevent the stank of BO from building up as it will in long underarm hair over time.

Can we all get past the "people will think I am gay or a tranny if I shave anything..." mentality. Nobody gives a crap if you have hair in your armpits (or arms, or legs, or chest, or pubes). Really, don't worry about it.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Silver Member
    Years ago I read that savvy deer hunters shaved thier armpits to reduce body odor. I tried it since I am a deer hunter and liked the look and feel so much that I continued doing it year round. Now I shave my pits once a week and no one has ever commented on it. But then if they did I would not care and would just say MYOB!

Been shaving my armpits for over 15 years...it's more hygienic, eliminates odor, and nobody has ever said a thing. No going back for me...

Amanda Nicole
    "Mandy"

I don't think your underarms are a noticable thing. I went shaved from the neck down for a year and did get stares for my shaved legs. But I was too self-concious about it around family and in-laws.

I shave my underarms, but I don't think that anyone cares (unless I am wearing something sleeveless; then I think that they might).
    warmly, Linnea

Check out the ultimate fighters some time. They (most) shave all over. Nobody wants to have their faced pinned under sweaty hairy pits.

No one's said anything to me, or asked, except my wife. I swim or wear tank tops to the gym when lifting weights, no comments.

I remember my brother complaining about sweat and odor, and I told him that since I started shaving those problems have nearly disappeared.
    DonnaT

If I don't shave my armpit hair, it will grow to about 2 inches long, which looks frankly ridiculous. Since I started shaving under there, I am happier appearing in public as a man in sleeveless tops, and needless to say, Ruth looks just fine in skimpy tops.
    No-one has ever challenged me on it, but I would just say it looks ridiculous if it grows out.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Shaving for 10 Yrs

Been shaving my underarms for over 10 years now and no one has ever commented

TTFN
    Cyndie

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    I have shaved under my arms for a couple of years now and people at the gym can't fail to have noticed, but no-one's ever said anything.My S/O likes it. Its better anyway as you don't get stinky pits!
    Peace through superior dress sense..

Been shaving the underarms for a long time and as far as I know, no one has ever noticed.

I have shaved my armpits for many years. My close friends know about my dressing, but no one has ever asked about it otherwise.

MY problem is shaving my legs. For years I was very out, clubbing and working in the NYC drag world so I got used to shaving my legs and I still do in the winter. But life has led me to hanging around with very middle class people, not as sophisticated as the downtown crowd. Can I shave my legs all summer? Do straight guys do it sometimes?

I'm dying. I HATE leg hair. It's like my beautiful long legs are always dirty lokking and rough instead of heavenly soft.

Morgan

Always

Underarm? Always. As to legs only completely in the off months, the rest of the time very short.
    Keely

One of the Reds

I went and did it. Feels a little weird. I decided what the h***. If someone says something then so be it.

Been shaving mine for 16 years and never a comment.
    Hey this is me....it's who I am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks
    outside, dreams. Who looks inside awakens.

-- Carl Gustav Jung

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Ma'am, You can wear the pants in the family....may i wear the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I went and did it. Feels a little weird. I decided what the h***. If someone says something then so be it.
    Congratulations, now go buy the Phillips Body Groomer, made for male men who are males and not women....

http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

Make sure to click on the "BODY" link at the bottom

I use this to shave my entire body. Not many wives or girlfriends can argue when they see the picture of the man on the box and the fact that you can buy it at any Walmart or Target. Come on guys/girls - get less hairy!!!!
    Last edited by Deedee_tv; 06-23-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: adding a sentence

Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    Good for you Michelle! I'll bet you never go back

My advice; Just do it!