Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens when we get old ?

What happens when we get old ?

Having an aged relative who is suffering from severe dementia has got me thinking. What, do you suppose, will happen to us CDers when we get old & infirm or develop dementia ? My wife posed the question to me, would I remember that I was a CDer or would I demand to wear female clothing & only remember my CD life.It is such an important part of our lives I can't believe it will just vanish because we're old. How do CDers cope if placed in a nursing home ?
    I know this is a long way off to most of us. Most of us on this forum are probably in the 30 to 50+ age bracket,[I know many are younger] but at some time in the future we must start to be affected by age.
    It just seems to me an interesting idea to think about. Any thoughts ?

My dad at 75 is old - people have to take care of him, he can't handle himself. We pay or relative in the Phillippines to take care of him! $1100 per month is way cheaper than a $5000 per month USA nursing home!

Some people are sending their elders to foreign countries with cheap senior care. USA is grossly expensive!

My wife and I were discussing this same question yesterday. We are both in our late 60's but look and act much younger than many of our friends who are in their 40-50's. We talked about finding a younger TG person who would assist us in our home when this becomes necessary. This person could live in our home since we have a very large home. We do not want to live with any of our three children. My wife and I both beleive that Melanie needs to have time for expression even up to my last breaths.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

I figure it'll be easier to pass because nobody's really expecting me to look good at 80.

Former Member
    Wow, that's a good question. If I forget about being a CD, that is fine with me. If I only remember being a CD, then people will think I am just a crazy old man.

Gold Member
    since the beard will be white by then, beard cover won't even be an issue.
    I am mid 30's right now and I do not plan on aging past that.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I don't plan to get old.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    I don't plan to get old.
    Amy, The alternative is not a good thing.

Jodi

Faith's Girl Kimberly Marie Kelly's Avatar

The hard part with dementia is this..

You won't remember going out dressed up, where you went or for that matter what this forum's web address is. Life will come to an end.

But look at the positive if you do dress up and go out, you won't remember the comments that people make. So life will go on..

Just being humorous, I often thing what the future holds and would like to find a SO to share my life with, who I can share life with to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    Amy, The alternative is not a good thing.

Jodi
    Death in general is unpleasant. I am with Amy. I kind of hope I don't live to see 80, honestly.

I have thought about this from time to time. Of course, I hope that I don't suffer from dementia, but I probably won't know the difference. However, my family and friends may know and may be uncomfortable with the situation. In that case, I'll probably be under their control. Whether I dress or not, male or female, will depend on them.
    warmly, Linnea

Silver Member
    I have thought about this before and have come to the following conclusion. There is no way that I will ever spend my final days on this earth in a nursing home. My only son is aware of this and I hope that he respects my wishes. The best senario would be to enjoy being a cd even at a very old age and I believe that there has to be many out there that do. I hope this is the case with me and when my final moment comes I hope I go out peacefully in my sleep while wearing a pretty nighty of coarse.

Death aint so bad

I have had more than a few occaisons to be with people as trhey moved on up (died) and come close myself a couple times. After seeing and hearing what I have, death holds absolutely no fear for me and is a wonderful part of life.

If you want scientific proof of life after death it is simple. Ask yourself: what makes the human body tick? Electricity. One of the basic laws of physics is that energy (electricity) cannot be destroyed, it can only change state.

How many times have you heard about going to "the light"? Electricity can and does convert to light. It may seem all to simple but just imagine- what if it IS just that simple? Forget all those silly and morose religious teachings about death and dying. Death is just the first step on another journey.

And according to the Bible and other religious texts, the "angels" are neither male nor female. They are androgynous. So you can rest assured you can continue to wear flowing gowns if you so desire.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

If you would like to hear about a couple other true experiences I have had that are proof (to me, friends and family at least) feel free to email me.

Christine

We will dress like grannies and have no problem passing, I am sure the senior cdrs will vouch for that !

Quote Originally Posted by Annemarie View Post
    We will dress like grannies and have no problem passing, I am sure the senior cdrs will vouch for that !
    Hey! We don't dress like grannies. You just don't have to think about age as it is only another number. Just get on & enjoy life, when I do eventually snuff it people can say what they like as I won't know much about it.
    [SIZE="1"]Hilary X's[/SIZE]

There are advantages to growing old!

You have to look at the positive things:

• With dementia, you'll be always meeting new people!
    • If they catch you wearing women's clothes, then you're a "Crazy Old Geezer".
    • You don't have to "Dress Your Age", because you can't remember what it is.
    • Support hose, will really be medically necessary.
    • And, if you like to dress like a little girl, the diapers come in handy!

I guess what I'm saying here, is live today, don't worry about tomorrow. Remember:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

- John Lennon
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Wannabe View Post
    I don't plan to get old.
    Me neither!!!
    When i get to the point where i feel old, i,ll give reincarnation a try...
    Maybe next time i,ll get it right and come back as a natural girl

Actually, we win either way. If we get dementia, other people worry about the details, if not we still enjoy. In the meantime, as always, life is what we make it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If you want scientific proof of life after death it is simple. Ask yourself: what makes the human body tick? Electricity. One of the basic laws of physics is that energy (electricity) cannot be destroyed, it can only change state.

How many times have you heard about going to "the light"? Electricity can and does convert to light. It may seem all to simple but just imagine- what if it IS just that simple? Forget all those silly and morose religious teachings about death and dying. Death is just the first step on another journey.
    I could not agree with you more.
    Ever The Opportunist

What happens when we get old

Hi Youall; I am 72 years young going on 40. I guess I will start planing for my old age soon. You think?

Banned Read only
    It's an extremely interesting question, and one I have thought about from time to time, but obviously not deeply enough!

Unfortunately I don't have any answers right now, because I don't know how others have handled this situation. But, I'm sure going to look into it and see if I can find any good articles on crossdressing in old age!

I've thought about this. And I honestly don't know what I'll do. I sure hope dementia is not in my future, but my paternal grandmother sure had it. I guess if I get Alzheimer's, I won't really care. But I want to age gracefully, still a lady at an older age, and die by cerebral embolism, face-planting a nice steak dinner. Who cares if I wreck anyone else's evening?

But sooner or later (probably later), I'll have to do something with all my girl stuff, other than pull it out and wear it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Gold Member
    Well that time is a few years away but what happens to my CDing side I have know idea, and what happens to all our prized items all so? One thing I do know I'll finally join a new group of diaper wearers.

Growing Old

I never worry about so far into the future. When I was in my young 20's,friends would start worrying about being in there 40's and I always said its 20 years away,I'll worry about then when I get there. Talk about the looks I received with that statement. My wife and I are in our young 40's (I'm 43,she'll be 43 the end of july) but we act & look 10 years younger and we believe in enjoying present life.

The future is nothing but the past that hasn't happen yet.
    Last edited by PhillyGuy2Girl; 06-28-2008 at 11:13 AM.
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

I have dug a hole in the garden 6ft deep each month i jump into it and climb out , and have told my wife on the day that i can not climb out she has to just fill it in

joanne