Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happens when we get old ?

Giggle

Quote Originally Posted by Davinnia View Post
    Mydia, you say you want to die before 50. Tell us all that again when you're 49 !
    As I was telling a GG friend the other day, I've been saying that I'm 50 for so many years, that I forget how old I really am, giggle. But most of the time, I feel like I'm 49, giggle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I have no idea what I'll do when I get old. I'll let you know went I hit 30 or maybe 32
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Good question

It is a very good question and one I think about quite a bit. That's not to say I have any answers ... I don't.

Except to say, live for today. I'm 51 and if I live to an advanced age, I'm hopeful society will have matured to the point where something as 'stupid' as prejudice towards a desire as harmless and wonderful as crossdressing will be replaced with acceptance.

But for today it doesn't matter. Whether it becomes a problem 30 or 40 years from now is irrelevant. This is who I am, and I'm not going to change. I already tried that the first thirty years and it didn't work.
    Last edited by StephanieF; 07-06-2008 at 12:58 PM.

When Im old not much will change from how I am now.

« тнε тεмртяεss »
    I know that 50 (usually) isn't when your body/mind start to fail you (that comes later...), but it IS when most people start to look their age...and, well, I'm EXTREMELY vain, so when my physical beauty goes, I want to go. I hate my (male) body enough as it is anyway, so the last thing I want is to watch it get uglier and then eventually fall apart on me.

Don't get me wrong. I am scared senseless of death, but it's better than living miserably. To me, 50+ seems like the start of years of problems. I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me. It's just how I am.

*sigh*

If only health and beauty were eternal...but unfortunately that will never be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leann James View Post
    Hi Youall; I am 72 years young going on 40. I guess I will start planing for my old age soon. You think?
    I'm going to go this route. Besides, if dementia happens, you won't know what you're missing anyway.

getting old

If you end up in a nursing home, you can wear a flannel nightgown. No one there will care, and it will be easier for the caretakers to assist you,

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    I have no idea what I'll do when I get old. I'll let you know went I hit 30 or maybe 32
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not sure what has been going on in nursing homes since assisted living centers are taking their place at a rapid pace, there are so few actual nursing homes in our area it's tough to know what numbers to look at nowadays.

Since 13 years old I worked at assisted centers and nursing homes, we had cross dressers that were centenarians! No one minded, no one cares because we all figured they earned the right to do what they damn well pleased. These were the very people that helped us all through a depression and two world wars! Even when we would 'sneak' them a beer before doctors said it was okay, we also smiled when some of the men would 'borrow' a pair of pantyhose from another resident and Pearl, who only would dress like a man and demand her fedora before leaving her room.
    It was normal. It is respect. If we are worried about it then maybe it's time to start mentoring those that will be taking care of us starting with empathy, something that is seemingly lacking in the generation who will fill those care positions.
    The Dream Factory screwed up again. ~kerrianna~

The couple rented the room, and the fish do not like me anymore.
    The fishes name was george and he still liked me because I always give him cherios in the mornings.
    By the way the fish are no longer mad and me and the couple had a great wedding.
    ~brendaisagirl~

Quote Originally Posted by Mydia View Post
    I want to die before I'm 50 >_>

I can't stand the thought of getting old and losing my beauty, my memories, my bodily functions, my independence...but mostly my beauty <_<
    Thank you Mydia -- made my day. Steph - 51

I don't mean to be rude but I feel a little sad for you. Age brings many things like xperience, wisdom and fresh perspectives. I hope if you do reach 50 you'll discover vanity is way, way down the list. Where it should be.
    Last edited by StephanieF; 07-06-2008 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieF View Post
    Thank you Mydia -- made my day. Steph - 51

I don't mean to be rude but I feel a little sad for you. Age brings many things like xperience, wisdom and fresh perspectives. I hope if you do reach 50 you'll discover vanity is way, way down the list. Where it should be.
    Steph-
    Thanks for sticking up for the more "experienced" members. I'm 51; I don't look my age, nor do I feel that old.

I hope to have a long time to worry about "what comes next"...

stef.