Thread: Ever out yourself in a store by mistake?

Ever out yourself in a store by mistake?

I had a funny thing happen to me on vacation 3 years ago. My wife needed a pair of light of pants to wear on a chilly night on Martha's Vineyard. So I tried some flared leg leggings on in a Army Barracks for her because she's clostrophobic. I was nervous about going through the women's area, so I picked up a pair of cargo shorts to cover the women's leggings. Then I asked where the changing room was. The girl gave me a funny look, so I figured that she saw the leggings. I went in, tried them on & when I tried the shorts on, it was a skirt. So here I am asking for the changing room from a girl & what I had in front was a cargo mini. I bought the mini too, but boy was I red faced.

Banned Read only
    I once had to buy some shorts for my wife, due to private circumstances. I was a bit embarassed as I fumbled around the ladies section, and when I got the shorts to the changing room, it turned out the shorts were in fact a bridal gown. I didn't even notice until I stepped outside the cabin to take a look in the mirror! The salesgirl was very surprised, to say the least!

Opps

Might of just outted self to the mail man.

Looking at the site while at work he walked up behind me to give me the mail.. the crossdressing.com logo is not subtle when needing to be hidden from prying eyes.

The moral of the story, dont come here whilst at work ... lol.

Sorry, Emily but I am confused about your story. You went to buy a pair of shorts for your wife and you had to try them on first? Also, how does a pair of shorts get confused with a wedding gown?

Bonnie

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who read Emily's post and went "Huh?~headscratch~".

Though, I never truly do anything by "mistake".. If I out myself in a store I do it right. I usually look at the SA and ask quite loudly 'Excuse me, where are the large sized lace thongs'? Seriously, there was one time when I was buying a package of pantyhose and a package of Carefree pantyshields and the SA asked me if I needed any panties since they were on sale and I told her "No thanks, I have enough pairs already".

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    Oh, the delicious irony of it all.

Sarah...

Being a dumb blond

I haven,t yet, but i,m sure to one day

Banned Read only
    Bonnie, Kandis,

I was as confused as you, believe me. If you've ever read the story "The man who mistook his wife for a hat", you might understand.

I don't think anyone in recent years, has ever mistakenly identified me... The guy in a business suit... Holding an In-Style magazine, 3 tubes of mascara, a bra, a pair of heels, standing in the ladies department holding up dresses checking for length.... Nope... Not me... They got me pegged!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

So I'm at Barnes and Noble (dressed) and buying a book. She asks if I have one of their member accounts and I told her yes, but don't have the card with me.
    "No problem, give me your phone number and I'll look it up!"
    So I did, and she did. Then she looks at me and calls me by my wife's name.
    Out of pure reflex, and before I stopped to think about the fact I was currently dressed as a woman, I looked at her and responded
    "Nah, that's my wife!" DOH!

Yeah i did it last week when i was on my lunch break,i was buying a nice long top and the sales lady said at the counter that if it doesnt fit her bring it back for a exchange,and with out even thinking ive replied...no thats fine i know it fit me just fine,well her jaw almost hit the counter,it was so funny,i thanked her and left.

A few weeks ago, I was buying some thongs, and I thought I had them covered up by some pants or a shirt like I normally do, and I wanted to try them on (I was going to buy them either way - I know my size well enough )) just to see how they fit, since it was a different style than I normally get, so I started walking into a fitting room. Problem was, the thong wasn't covered up and an employee just looked at me and smiled weirdly. It was awkward, and I never did make it into the fitting room.

8rys, going on walkabout
    Was not an Accident in the least
    At torrid once asking for a fitting room the
    SA " but we sell women's clothes"
    Yep, you do
    SA " why do you need a fitting room?"
    It's an hour drive to the nearest store, I'll be fairly pissed if I have to drive all the way bavk to exchange this. Holds up corset/halter
    SA What's in the bag points to my laptop bag
    My bra and forms, What did your mother pack for your lunch?

I managed to try it on and I would have had to make a return had bought and left. The SA was completely flustered, yet was happy to take my money. Funny how that happens...
    Last edited by Chloe Renee; 06-27-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling counts -10 pts

In my case was not in a store and not a mistake but an accident.
    I was in a hotel going to the gym with my nylons under my old jogging pants. when the elastic that kept the pants up broke, and my pants fell down. And at that moment, two ladies were walking on my direction. They were so surprised of seing my stockings!!!.
    I just pull up my pants and returned to my room.
    In one way, the experience was so humiliating, but on the other hand, the expression on the lday's faces was so funny!!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Something similar happened to me a few months ago. My wife Marla and I went shopping to JC Penney. We were looking at formal dresses and ballgowns. I was in boy mode. We found some gorgeous full length gowns - perfect for the TGSF Cotillion!

Anyway, I had such a thrill (scare?) at the checkout because as the sales assistant rang up the items. The woman said to Marla " ... so ok .... now you have two dresses here right? (it was hard to tell with the massive amount of material, skirting, netting etc that was on the counter) .... Marla says "yes - that's right". The SA says "did you know that they are different sizes?" ... "yes" says Marla and then Marla goes on to ask about what if they get marked down, would we be able to bring them back and get a reduction price etc. The woman said "no, this is the sale price we don't mark them down any more".

Marla then turned to look at me, not really thinking, and said in a loud voice (remember I'm in boy mode) "oh well, we can keep these dresses anyway, they'll be insurance for both of us. We'll at least have something to wear if we can't find anything better". I nearly died! My eyes widened and I looked at Marla and grinned from ear to ear because the woman checker stopped what she was doing and looked at Marla with a surprised look that then changed to a huge "knowing smile" on her face. I was thinking OMG! Marla, thanks for outing me darling!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    So I'm at Barnes and Noble (dressed) and buying a book. She asks if I have one of their member accounts and I told her yes, but don't have the card with me.
    "No problem, give me your phone number and I'll look it up!"
    So I did, and she did. Then she looks at me and calls me by my wife's name.
    Out of pure reflex, and before I stopped to think about the fact I was currently dressed as a woman, I looked at her and responded
    "Nah, that's my wife!" DOH!
    that is hilarious, Kimberly, you just could not leave the mistaken identity alone

The only time I have outed myself was a day home alone and dressed to the nines, when the UPS truck pulls into my driveway with my Dell computer. There was no way I was going to miss it and I dont think he would have left a $2000 item at the front doorstep so I answered the door and he has made enough stops at my house to know I am a dude. His eyes were the size of dinner plates.

I also have abuudy who likes to screw with a pizza delivery guy. Him and his girlfriend ordered one and he answered the door 6'5" goatee and nustache smoking a cigar wearing her slip and a pair of cowboy boots. He said the pizza boy's brain was fried right there and could barely make through the transaction

Not by mistake. I've decided if I'm going to buy I say it is for me and if I'm not sure that it will fit I ask to try it on. So far the only time I was denied, I was told that I could go to the men's try on rooms at some department stores.