Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How "real" is your femme "self" to you?

How "real" is your femme "self" to you?

I see a lot of posts where folks say that their femme "self" is the real them. I'm wondering just how "real" it is to most of us. In other words, given the opportunity, would you go 24/7 if you could? Would you live this way all the time if all restrictions were taken away? I had the opportunity to do this when I retired and did it for about a month or so. It got to be a lot of work, however, so I decided to balance things and alternate between male and female mode as needed.

Now it seems, since balancing and integrating the feelings, I'm always the same person, regardless of presentation. Still, the option remains open for me to go 24/7 if I so choose and I'm fully confident I would be successful doing that.

The real point to myself is that regardless of the appearance and "glitter" part, the feelings remain the important thing. In other words, if I did go 24/7, I would be expressing my softer feelings openly and without hesitation. The really tough part to all of this is that I'd just be myself and would not be "imitating" anyone. What would naturally come out would be what is already in my heart and soul and this seems to be the real indicator of progress to me, not necessarily what I look like. Interesting, the things one learns when really getting in touch with the feelings.

So, the question is:" How "real" is your femme "self" to you and would you be prepared to express it 24/7 given the opportunity?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Arianna, [i like the new name BTW]

I think the more i explore my personality now, the more i,m coming to realise that my "femme self" is actually the real me.
    The longer this goes on, the more my true self is coming to the surface and slowly encroaching on my old self.

Now is not the right time yet for me, but i feel that one day, the time will come!!
    When that day comes i,ll go 24/7 with no regrets and no going back, because only then will i know who i truly am!

In my case, altough I love crossdressing, and I would do it much more often if I could, I realized that my "real" me depends on the mood of the moment.

There are plenty of moods in which I feel much more comfortable wearing panties, heels, bras etc, however, there are others in which I feel better wearing my male clothes.

I do not know if time is going to take me more to one side or the other, but for now, this is how I feel...

I know my femme self is very real to me, however to have to express it 24/7 would be just as uncomfortable, to me, as being forced to be masculine 24/7, and not allow my feminine side at all. I want the freedom to be either, as I need / want to be.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

New name very nice. I think I would have to try it first to give a true answer. Right now I'm going back and forth. I think I would really enjoy the 24/7 side.

I'd love to try it but don't thin I ever could my fife needs me to give her some man time (not gust in the bedroom. And I must do the dad And Gram pa thing with I love. Then there's work so 24/2 or 3 is good enough for me. I know I can't live in my dream world all the time.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Just as our bodies grow and change, so do our minds and souls.

And just as we go about changing our bodies to fit the self image we have or want for our bodies, so too can we change our minds and souls to be the person we want to become.

We may not always have wanted to project as feminine, but our minds can change during the course of our lives to want to become more so.

It may not be a matter of having been born with these feelings. It's just another indicator of the soul's need for change and progress. For some the progress is towards more overt femininity. For some the progress needed is for more masculinity. For others it may be the need to forsake a physical gender presentation altogether in favor of androgeny. And finally for others it may be the need to find the balancing point between all these options.

There is no black or white, just the infinite shades of gray. Or more truthfully, the even more infinite colors and shades and tones of the human rainbow!

I would love to live as a female 24/7 if the chance arises. Like you I said on here one time that it is a lot of work 24/7 and I got cut down real quick and people were saying that I was not into it. It is really a lot of work if you think you want to be in a dress everyday. Myself I would be more casual and wear jeans more often and wear dresses whenever I felt the urge. I do not think a lot of CDers realize how much work it really is and it is more for us because we are not Female and have things we have to take care of more often like shaving our faces, true if we got lazer treatments it would not be as bad, but it does not get it all. We as Males have to do a lot more to be female than a female.

I do agree with you with most of what you said, but I would still be underdressing all the time even if I did not present myself as female all the time.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

The other side of me is very real.

Would I like to go full time?
    Sure I would like to try it for a while, if society would allow it openly.

Would I remain full time for the rest of my life?
    I doubt it.

I am a guy first, but I do like to get dolled up too. And there are too many fun guy things to do. Those things don't work very well in a dress.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

One thing I do realize is that 24/7 does not mean being a "fashion plate" all of the time. Seems as we get more used to being who we are, we quite naturally tend to be more relaxed and casual. Many times, many of us CD's knock genetic women for dressing down and looking too casual and not "feminine" enough but that is really a lot of hooey because women have me beat all hollow in that department on one of my best days en femme. The real skill is finding the comfort level, dressing down, wearing minimal makeup and still projecting femininity and being yourself. The feelings say it all and if we believe in ourselves, we can be anyone we want to be regardless of how we dress. Therein lies the true key to being genuine and that speaks for itself really.

I'm the same me whether I'm CDing or being my normal male self. Being a CD and dressing are a very major part of my life, but I have no urge to ever go 24/7.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My femme side is very real and constantly evolving. If given the chance I would not be ready to go 24-7 at this point due to issues such as voice, mannerisms, etc, remaining facial hair, etc.

My femme self is real, all right, but under all the makeup and finery, it's still just me. I am not planning at this time to ever go 24/7 or transition. As much as I enjoy "being" a woman, my primary obligation to my life is to live most of it as my male self, and as husband to my dear wife.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    The girl within is real. She is me and will always be me. She is there when I'm in drab, and when I'm in drag. Sometimes I chuckle at the thought that it is when I'm in drab that I am actually crossdressed.

What I'm trying to say is that she is so real that, having to do 'boy' things, doesn't diminish her. Because she is me, and I accept her, I am also able to fully accept my roles and responsibilities as a man and a husband

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Is the feminine me the real me?

We are all so different, there must be many answers to your question. And who can that any of them are wrong. The only way we will go wrong is if we try to be someone we are not.

For me the effort to live as a guy reached the point where I was very unhappy each time I had to go back to trying to be a guy. In Feb of last year,
    I set out to be the person I have always felt I was. My experience has been wonderful. I can honestly say I am the happiest I have been in my life to date. That is me and each one needs to find the comfort level that best suits them.

Eileen

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    ...I can honestly say I am the happiest I have been in my life to date...
    Eileen, I agree with that statement 100%. The truth of the matter is that I already living 24/7... oh, there's not hours on end spent putting on makeup, I may only wear a dress and heels once or twice a month. But I am true to the being that I am every moment of every day. And there is always some visual evidence that underneath the women's jeans and uniform shirt I wear to work everyday, that there is a female heart beating... small, colored studs in my ears and nails always polished (at the moment red, white, and blue in honor of the 4th of July).

I've come to understand that expressing as a transgendered individual is much more than the cross-dressing aspect. The cross-dressing has served as a catalyst to cause me to look deep inside myself to see who I really was and why I was so unhappy in the past and allowed me to make adjustments to correct that. I feel very special and blessed to be able to have found that kind of peace.

Arianna, I hope this is what you were looking for. If I went off topic,
    sorry
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

My feminine self is real. When I am dressed and wearing all of my female garb, I consider myself female. But now that I am thinking of this question on a deeper level, I know that I am a male, but when dressed something happens. I start to act differently. My male traits go away and take on female traits such as sitting, walking, and talking. All of these changes come from inside which is the same place as where the desire to dress comes from. So I would say that it is a real persona.
    Although I am not a woman, something does happen when dressed. I have also been told that I take on feminine traits when in male mode. Wife tells me that I sit like a girl, and a co worker once commented on the way I had my legs crossed. Wife knows why I was sitting like that, but co workers question did not bother me at all. I did not admit to being a CD, but I was proud of the fact that I was sitting like that. I sometimes I feel lucky that I am a CD.

Gold Member
    24/7, not in this life time, wearing a wig all the time would drive me nuts, being accepted in being a crossdresser and having the freedom to dress and go to events and what not is ideal for me, there's times and lots of them where I like just being him.

my femm side is also very really to me but its allways there no matter how im dressed and some day i would like to transition or go 24/7 my femm feelings will never leave

Arianna, there are two questions in your post. They don't necessarily follow one from the other.
    My femme self is real - as real as my male self anyway, and that's a whole philosophical discussion in its own right.
    I'd love to sit down with you with a couple of bottles of wine and get to the bottom of that.
    But of course like so many of us I have to share my life between Ruth and the guy. Neither of them is going to go away. So the 24/7 scenario is never going to eventuate (sorry, got into workspeak by mistake).
    The guy has a much richer and happier life now that part of it is spent as Ruth, and neither one wants to take over 24/7. But real? we reckon so, both of us.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

Actually Ruth, you are correct when you say this is deep. For those who follow what I talk about, they know I believe CDing is just the tip of the iceberg. There is a more important reason we are who we are and we do what we do. It has to do with balancing energies, especially now because we are on the verge of a big change. In any case, never underestimate the value of what we do. As they used to say in the old TV series Knight Rider: "One man (or person) can make a difference."

I feel that the "real me" is somewhere inbetween. A little femme and a little male.

As I'm sitting here now, I'm certainly not passable but I sure would be noticed as "different", LOL.

Patti

I feel that EveMarie is my "real" side. I am forced to go back to Marc when I'm at work or with my wife and family. Giventhe opportunity, I'd live and dress as Evie 24/7. I wear panties, paint my toes and occasionally my hand nails, in the winter when I wear sweaters I wear a bra under it, and as often as possible go around my house and neighborhood as Evie.

I've said it in other threads… given the chance I'd make the change

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post

So, the question is:" How "real" is your femme "self" to you and would you be prepared to express it 24/7 given the opportunity?
    My femme self is me... tho I am TG, I would absolutely positively present female 24/7 if given the right circumstances.. that is the dilemma I deal with now daily.

Mrs Peel, We're needed jennifer41356's Avatar
    So, the question is:" How "real" is your femme "self" to you and would you be prepared to express it 24/7 given the opportunity?[/QUOTE]

Very real, and yes I would go fulltime in a sec, about the only thing keeping me from it is not being able to use my own hair