Thread: Long v Short and Blonde V Brunette

Hairstyles, long, short, blonde, or brunette?

Hi Girls,
    My partner and I have a great time experimenting with her look. We have numerous wigs, lots of makeup and jewellery and when we get the chance we really play around with different styles.
    One of my very favourite looks on Jay is a Brunette Bobb which with plenty of back combing is quite full and has height. I like her to wear fitted clothes with this look with either lycra dresses (knee length) or fitted skirt suits. I know this sounds like I control her look but believe me I do not I just like to be involved.

We belong to a CD support group and obviously Jay gets comments from the other girls because she does change her look quite often. Any how, the look that I actually adore the best is the one that gets the unflattering remarks. People always say that they prefer Jay as a blonde with longer hair and that the brunette does nothing for her (well thats what they think but then they dont see what goes on behind closed doors do they). My question is though do you think that long and blonde is a man thing because honestly I think she looks drop dead as a brunette.
    Would be very interested to hear your comments.
    Bev
    PS BTW it doesn't bother me what other people think because I know what I like. And if Jay had a problem with it I'd turn into a Dominatrix and make him do as he was told. ONLY KIDDIN
    Last edited by Bev06 GG; 07-01-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Banned Read only
    I think men like long hair on a woman because it looks sort of romantic even if it is impractical. I don't think the colour matters too much if it looks nice and looked after.

Bev,

I do tend to think that the "long and blonde" thing has been subtly hammered (oxymoron?) into menfolk as desirable in a woman. On the other hand, I personally think that short and brunette can be a very attractive look on the right person.

Besides, it's all about the accessories anyway *giggle*

xxx

I have a long blonde, a short black and a short wavy salt and pepper . But sometimes when I'm all dressed up and it's hot, I just go without and be a bald woman. (which I find attractive also ), different strokes for different folks I guess.

Let's see, the first girl I fell in love with was a brunette, and I married a brunette.

As for what looks best on Jay, I'd have to see side by side pictures.

But in the end, it only matters to you two.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Let's see, the first girl I fell in love with was a brunette, and I married a brunette.

As for what looks best on Jay, I'd have to see side by side pictures.

But in the end, it only matters to you two.
    To be honest Donna I nearly did post two pics so you could see what I meant, but I haven't asked Jay if she minds so decided against it. Its alright me being up front about everything because it wouldn't bother me if the whole world knew what she did in her spare time, but then I'm not the CD.
    Take care
    Bev

I grew up in So. Cal. where (GG )blondes are a dime a dozen. I see a blonde, I think: yawn. & too many CD's go blonde.
    As you might notice, I have a preference for shorter hair which maybe suits my face best.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 07-01-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Long or short hard to say. Too many variables. Personally I like red-heads.

I had the same question about myself a while back so I posted the pics if I remember the long blonde was a favorite by far.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

I prefer blonde,shoulder length to long,hey,thats just me.seems you and Jay are doing just fine by yourselves
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Hiya Bev,

I think you are right that long and blonde is a male trait of a beautiful woman but blonde has never really suited me. My new wig is light brown with blonde highlights and I think thats about the best I can get away with.

As for Jay, I have seen her in shorter wigs and I must say she does look great in them, but then again she looks great in anything.

Oh and if you do turn into a Dominatrix let me know as I'll be straight round.

See ya soon,

Gemma

xx

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

I've see lots of brunettes and redheads I thought looked better than blonds I always go with what I like and not others.
    Angie

I really didn't like my long blonde wig that's why I sent it to Emily.. Lol. And not really in love with long hair period.. A lot of us wear long hair trying to cover up as much mascalinity as possible, in my humble opinion..

My most favorite wigs were short and auburn... My current leands towards blondish with darker highlights.. More of a light ash brown.. But I really think short hair is super feminine.. I'm currently looking for an auburn short inverted bob.... All the rage but hard to find in a wig...

I simply adore your hair style, Bev.. So cute....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I think the blonde thing is over done that is why go with red. for me and my wife

[SIZE=4]Dear Bev,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]At some point or another you are just going to have to face the facts, men are wierd. They have pre-conceived notions of what is right and what looks best to them and don't mind telling others about their opinion. As I always have a tendency to say, "You are all entitled to your wrong opinion", or "Everybody has an *****le and an opinion" so what?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I personally think that short styled haircuts are the sexiest there are. I cut a lot of really short haircuts and find that the women that wear them are more outgoing and up-front than women that wear long hair of any color. But then again, that's just my opinion. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]You may notice that I too love short hair, or updos that completely expose my face, they seem to be the most flattering and just downright feminine to me.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Jay is so lucky, she should tell you that everyday...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Your sis,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Tami[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Hi Bev,
    Personally, i prefer long blond hair [surprise surprise]
    I often experiment with other colours, lengths and styles, but i always come back to being blond!!
    I guess i,ve always had a "thing" about women with long blond hair, so thats the style i try to emulate.

We,re all differant, we all like differant styles. [Clothes as well as wigs]

If we were all the same life would get boring, just enjoy what you do

Thanks Girls, that was very helpful. I guess the advantage of not having your own hair and having to use wigs is that you can have quite a variation of different looks without having to visit the hairdressers regularly.
    Thanks Tami for that remark. I think she does know she's lucky but then heck so am I. How many women get to experiment with their fella doing makeup, jewellery and panti hose, tee hee. Quite unique really isn't it. I think I have a bit of a wicked streak in me and it's a power thing. giggle so you might get a phone call Gemma after all.
    Take care
    Bev

I have wigs of different lengths, styles and colors. My wife says I can wear the blonde (not really light) wig with blue, black or dark tops for more contrast. And the dark brown wigs look better with pink or light blouses. (Pics are on my MySpace page.) I agree with her.

You can wear what you like and/or what looks good on you. The light wig just looks silly on my wife who resembled Bettie Page when I met her! I do have a wig that looks like her hair and people say my wife and I look like sisters. One woman thought I was her mother!

I dress for myself, but I do value my wife's opinion. I am not trying to attract other men, so I don't care what they think (that much). Personally, I was always attracted to brunettes.

Long and blonde is a man thing. But it's the total package. Personally, I prefer blondes. I would never be one myself. I would look out of place since I resemble my avatar. Anyway, my personal man opinion is that blondes are hotter. You might disagree. But, I think a majority of men would agree with me. So, we're only talking statistically speaking that long and blonde is a man thing.

Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    Long and blonde is a man thing. But it's the total package. Personally, I prefer blondes. I would never be one myself. I would look out of place since I resemble my avatar. Anyway, my personal man opinion is that blondes are hotter. You might disagree. But, I think a majority of men would agree with me. So, we're only talking statistically speaking that long and blonde is a man thing.
    Mmmm thats interesting, how about light brown does that constitute hot or not.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    Mmmm thats interesting, how about light brown does that constitute hot or not.
    Bev
    Oh yeah, you're hot!

It's the total package. I lean toward blondes. But, I also lean toward hot girls of any persausion. I do think most men prefer blondes. I don't know why. Maybe it's the opposite attracts thing.

Quote Originally Posted by amandachick View Post
    Oh yeah, you're hot!

It's the total package. I lean toward blondes. But, I also lean toward hot girls of any persausion. I do think most men prefer blondes. I don't know why. Maybe it's the opposite attracts thing.
    Tee hee,
    Aw amanda, friend for life. Actually the thing that most guys find appealing about me isn't at all the way I look but my wicked sense of humour and bare faced cheek. I think there must be some guys who find that quite attractive in a funny kind of a way. Mind you then there are those who find it a total turn off
    Take care
    Bev