View Poll Results: The clothes or the look?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • I crossdress predominantly to wear female clothing

110 44.00%
  • I crossdress predominantly to look like a female

122 48.80%
  • Neither of the above (please explain)

18 7.20%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The clothes or the look?

Banned Read only

The clothes or the look?

Do you predominantly crossdress to wear female clothing, or to look like a female?

Just to clarify:

If you predominantly crossdress for the clothing, it implies that the look is of lesser importance.
    If you predominantly crossdress for the look, the clothing might be as important as the look, but your "aim" is to look like a female.
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 07-02-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Adding clarity

I crossdress to reflect how I would look had I been born in what I feel is my correct gender.

I agree with Jamie. I want to look the way I feel or how I see myself. The feeling is more important than the actual appearance. I love the feel of stockings, silk, satin, lace, velvet and plush material. I love pretty colors and styles. I know I can't pass as female - I am not even a good looking guy - but I like how I feel when I crossdress.

Banned Read only
    I like the clothes but if they make me look 'right' that's even better.

When I CD, I do it to express myself and have fun.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

At first it was about the clothes, but now it,s because i want to look like the woman i should have been.

To look like a female.

Both!!!

Gold Member
    Dressy women's clothes are a pain in the butt. I have said before and I say again - I don't enjoy the process of getting dressed up, but I love the look when it is finished.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

To feel more feminine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Living the Dream!
    Regina

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Dressy women's clothes are a pain in the butt. I have said before and I say again - I don't enjoy the process of getting dressed up, but I love the look when it is finished.
    It's the finished product that satisfies me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Do you predominantly crossdress to wear female clothing, or to look like a female?
    Traditionally, the starter of the poll would offer their answer to said poll first.

Now, on to my answer;

Neither because it's actually not one or the other but more a combination of both for myself. I love the feeling of the clothing, but I also love the feeling of obtaining a female look. While I know I cannot pass 100% of the time, there are times when I get everything just perfect and those are the times that make all the other failures worth it (Thomas Edison didn't fail to make a light bulb 200 times, he found 200 ways not to make a light bulb. Practice makes perfect).

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KandisTX View Post
    Traditionally, the starter of the poll would offer their answer to said poll first.

Now, on to my answer;

Neither because it's actually not one or the other but more a combination of both for myself. I love the feeling of the clothing, but I also love the feeling of obtaining a female look. While I know I cannot pass 100% of the time, there are times when I get everything just perfect and those are the times that make all the other failures worth it (Thomas Edison didn't fail to make a light bulb 200 times, he found 200 ways not to make a light bulb. Practice makes perfect).

Kandis
    I didn't give my answer, it's true. For me, it's predominantly the clothing, though as time goes on, it may become the look.

I stated "predominantly" in the question to ensure that people made a choice. I guess in your case, you see the two as exactly equal, which is fair enough. There's no harm in not making a choice.
    Last edited by Emily Anderson; 07-02-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Gosh -- this is a difficult one so I said neither.

That said -- I like to dress because I like skirts and dresses bras and panties and girls jeans and pants etc etc -- because I like the look of the clothes. But at the same time I dress so that I look like a girl, because I think that girls are so very beautiful.

One might say that if I dress because I like the look of the clothes, then wouldn't things like those panties made for men, as sold on the net, be what I'd want to wear. The answer is a loud and resounding NO! The reason is that THOSE are made for men. I want to wear what is made for women. That's why, in one of my first threads here, I asked about who would wear the panties sold by Silk & Satin that look exactly like men's briefs. I'd wear them because they are made for women ,even though they look male.

I dunno -- there is just something about it -- the fact that I am wearing something made to worn by girls that is a big thing for me.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I crossdress to feel like a woman andcorrect the gender I was suppose to be

Gone
    I do it because I just have to, else I start pretending I don't understand it and take up residence in a hut miles from anywhere [mentally that is]

Smile

Myself I just like the clothes and the shoes I have gone out fully femm'ed up on a number of occasions (my avatar pic) but I now mostly just under dress etc.

Amelia xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie S. View Post
    I crossdress to reflect how I would look had I been born in what I feel is my correct gender.
    What she said.

Quote Originally Posted by MlleErin View Post
    Taking all that time and effort is part of the high. I want to look like the best lady I can be. Thus, I must put up with all the work to get there. Just part of being a lady I guess!
    Charlie

In my case, is like a process:

I started by just wearing the clothes and feel the nylons, shoes, etc. As time went by, the desire of look and feel like a real girl has been growing on me.

And I suppose that with time, it is going to be just to feel I am a lady....

I love to feel like a ladie and can look in the Mirror and smile

Love the lastest fashion aswell

Sally

The clothes and the look

Both!

I said "neither" since "both" was missing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.
    Hey it's a lame post on my end but what can I say it's how I got over 10,000 posts