View Poll Results: The clothes or the look?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • I crossdress predominantly to wear female clothing

110 44.00%
  • I crossdress predominantly to look like a female

122 48.80%
  • Neither of the above (please explain)

18 7.20%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The clothes or the look?

Both

I chose the clothes, because I love them so I wear them. I do dress up with wig, forms, make up, and jewelery but that is a rarety and I have to be in a gurly mood to do it.

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie S. View Post
    I crossdress to reflect how I would look had I been born in what I feel is my correct gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah jane View Post
    At first it was about the clothes, but now it,s because i want to look like the woman i should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReginaS View Post
    To feel more feminine!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.
    Sorry that i can't come up with something original but these quotes just about sum it up for me.

It started out many years ago cloths only. But after many years I needed the look to make it all come together plus all the mannerisms that goes with being female.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Both

Both.

Well seeing as when I dress I always wear breastforms, wig and make up, I would say I dress to look female. To me the extras are just as important as the clothes.

Be responsible
    Respectable
    Stable but gullible
    Concerned and caring
    Help the helpless
    But always remain
    Ultimately selfish

Get The Balance Right - Depeche Mode - ©1983

look or clothes

That's a tough one. When I was young I thought I actually looked feminine when I was wearing panties and dresses and blouses but then I realized that I looked about as feminine as a guy in a dress. As I got older I tried to stop and was seccesful for a time but always had it in the back of my mind and just wasn't capable of shaking the urge. I guess im weak. Now I just buy my stuff on line and dress for my own satisfaction and really don't care about the mirror. I think I like both but I really don' look that feminine, at least that's what my old girl freind told me.

Smile female look

Well I dress to feel Im a female and look like one ...but not nessesary in public

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    To look female. That's why I am still doing it - practice makes perfect (so still a lot of practicing required then!!! lol) and because I was too scared to go down the SRS route years ago.

Sarah...

Both for this girl

I love the clothes and the proccess of getting dressed. Getting there is half the fun. But sometimes after I'm all dressed and made up, and I look in the mirror. I see a guy in a dress, that really bums me out. So back to the drawing board. Try a new outfit, change wig, or make-up shades. What ever it takes to look like a woman. To me if you don't look convincing what's the point. Don't get me wrong, you don't have to look like a hottie super model.
    (we all would love that look) Just convincing and be comfortable with your look and wardrobe.Daviolin

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.
    Me too !

Nadia

My view of my cross dressing is that I am a male with both masculine and feminine traits, personalities, and physical features. I am putting on the clothing that society has taught me that masculine people wear and feminine people wear. I am both so I wear both or mix and match based on my mood, feelings and tasks for the day.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Both - The clothes and the look

I enjoy the feeling of the clothing, but when I plan to go out in public the appearance factor takes priority. I may dress down slightly (ladies jeans, casual heels and a conservative top) to blend as best I can. Dressing definitely brings out the feminine side of my personality.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I dress for the "feeling" I have and the personality change I experience when I merge with the clothing.

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Its both for me. Soft and silky is just natural for me. It is to bring out my true inner gender.

Most of my life people have told me I was more of a girl than a boy bacause of my actions. I have always felt as though I was a girl so I dress to look feminine so I can match how I feel.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

GREAT POLL !!! I never even thought of the simplicity of this.. the answer is I love to wear certain articles of womens clothes.. and sometimes I even like to wear everything (head to toe crossdress).. this really breaks it down to the simplest form.. for me, I wanted to look like a woman, and now I realize I just really like wearing heels & hose and the occasional skirt..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

I dress mostly because of the clothing , I enjoy the comfort and the feeling of feminine clothing on me and hope someday to be able to also enjoy looking feminine Tomara

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Dittos to what Daviolin said. For me it is both.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Given the constraints of the poll I voted clothes, however, like many of you it's really both for me.
    Vivian

I voted to look like a female,but I do love women's clothing and lingerie.

Felicity
    "Its now official,my femme name is Felicity"

Have to drink to that.

"Proud To Be My Wife's Part Time Wife"

Both
    Amanda

Voted neither.. (though 'both' would have been a possibility?)

I dress to express my femininity.
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Love the clothes but I wouldn't be me without the wig and makeup also!