View Poll Results: The clothes or the look?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • I crossdress predominantly to wear female clothing

110 44.00%
  • I crossdress predominantly to look like a female

122 48.80%
  • Neither of the above (please explain)

18 7.20%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The clothes or the look?

Silver Member
    I dress for the feeling I get when I am wearing the clothes. I dress to some extent every day but rarely get completely dressed trying to look like a female. I enjoy wearing only a few items of clothing and do not even try to look female most of the time.

I dress becuase I enjoy the clothes and accessories,
    But it is nice sometimes to get dressed up and look all femmine when time allows.
    Sabrina.
    What matters most is how you see yourself.

Hello

Hello, I go for both,such a great feeling to be myself

There is a female side of me which I need to express. For that reason, I voted that I dress to look like a woman. I love the clothes of course, but what I truly love is allowing both my feminine and masculine sides to share my life and friends.

nikki.darlington nikki.darlington's Avatar
    i dress to feel like a woman...my mind is feminine, and dressing and seeing myself dressed, verifies the mental image i have of myself as a woman...i just get a delicious feeling of being complete...i smile, sometimes gigle, when i look at myself in a mirror and see the girl that i am looking back at me...i re-read this several times and it makes sense to me, i hope others will understand...kisses, nikki

Happy

I dress to express my feminine side, I love all the different types of clothing, and looking the part presents the complet package. Feeling Good helps you when you want to look good !

I dress for all kinds of reasons including tremendous fun and excitement. I could get absorbed in all kinds of fem stuff and in crossdressing for hours and even days which I've done before. I had this very close GG freind who would invite me to come and stay with her and I would stay dressed for days. I looked sorta fem until I was about 35 years old. I don't look fem nowadays but I would dress 24/7 and do all I can to look passable if there was a way. Maybe one of those CD makeovers.

I used to go out kind of partially enfem but I've come to prefer a complete outfit with a wig and makeup if there's time and a way. I dress to express my feminine side yet I find it all to be a tremendous pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    Hey it's a lame post on my end but what can I say it's how I got over 10,000 posts
    Ditto!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    There should be a "Both of the above" selection. I like looking and feeling like a woman, and I love wearing the clothing. So it's not just one thing. It's both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina Dixon View Post
    Hey it's a lame post on my end but what can I say it's how I got over 10,000 posts
    Ditto!!!!

I would have to say a little of both. IN the beginning, its just the clothes. Eventually its becomes both, the look and clothes.

I crossdress to match the internal with the external.

Internally my gender is female. When I am dressed as a girl I am matching how I feel inside.

emmi

I notice that the voting runs about 50/50, with a small minority says neither.

I guess I'm weird or something; it's a "chicken or egg question" for me, I would have voted "both." I wear the clothes to attain The Look. I love to wear the pretty clothes, but I'm also in love with The Woman and her looks; that the clothes help me to attain, and maybe that's why I love The Clothes.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Anderson View Post
    Do you predominantly crossdress to wear female clothing, or to look like a female?

Just to clarify:

[SIZE=4]If you predominantly crossdress for the clothing, it implies that the look is of lesser importance.
    If you predominantly crossdress for the look, the clothing might be as important as the look, but your "aim" is to look like a female.

In my case, I am a female person, and do not want to crossdress to look like a man which I did for 72 years.
    So I think my answer is to look like a female, but I would consider crossdressed only in male clothes.

Does that confuse you? It is true.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

For me its to look female. My goal would be to be considered somewhat passable .

I know there are aspects to my personality and psyche that encompass both genders and I think dressing is me expressing the female aspect of myself in a physical appearance sense. A vast majority of the day, week, and month I appear male and although that, to an extent, is an accurate way to describe myself its not 100% truthful reflection of who I am. Therefore from time to time I choose to express the female aspect of my self by how I choose to dress.

Lisa

clothes or the look

Both
    I love being a girl

I CD because it is who I truly am regardless of how I look to myself or anyone else.

Banned Read only

I Dress To Look Like A Woman

When it is time for Cindy to go out it is time to act like a woman dress like a woman and look like a woman, why would I spend all that time and money on make-up, cloths and shoes, just to look like him sorry I don't think so.

LA CINDY LOVE

Smile

At first i wasnt sure then the clothes now i am not sure again

For me I so much want to look like and be female I have to wear the clothes to get there (in my mind anyway).
    Hugs, Andi

Hard question...

Wow, Emily. You have really posed a tough question that has caused me to think a lot about who I am and what I want in life.

I think it's both for me. I dress to express the feminine side of me, which has been repressed for so many years. But I also dress because I think that female clothing is so much better than the limited choices that society allows men.

For example, here's an interesting experiment. Dress in a well-tailored man's suit. Instead of the black oxfords, slip on a pair of pumps or slingbacks with at least a 4-in narrow heel. Most people would see that you actually look better, instantly. Women's fashions are just so much better.

But all that aside, I dress the way that I do because that is who I am. It makes me feel so right and so happy.
    Last edited by NoraTV; 07-14-2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Making the post much less preachy -- sorry

To look like a female.

Feel free to message me.x Natalie tv's Avatar
    For me it is all about looking as femme as possible, although i will dress in womens jeans and boots to go out, i much prefer to go the whole way and get fully made up....
    [SIZE="5"]NAT.xx [/SIZE]

Returnee

Wink

When I first started dressing it was definitly for the feel of the clothes where as now it is both the feel and the reflection of a feminine woman in the mirror [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I love the clothes as well as trying to appear as a female, its many emotions that I feel when dressed.

Rach