Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Your female name *merged threads*

Names

Although I have another name that I use in other groups, 'Gena' is less complicated. the name, 'Gena' was given to me by a wonderful saleslady at the Estee Lauder counter at Macys. She asked me to use 'Gena' when I would call to see if see was working. I'm only 'Gena_2' here because 'Gena' was not available for me. Love this website!

I choose my name because first of all, I liked it and secondly, it is a derivative of my male name.
    JoAnne Wheeler

I'm not sure how I came up with my name. I'm irish so I guess Maggie sounded like it could be a bit irish.

My therapist recently asked if I had a middle name and after a brief thought Katherine (or Catherine .. I haven't decided on the spelling yet ) came to mind.

I like the way Maggie Katherine sounded ... sort of classy in my opinion.

hugs - Maggie Katherine (or is it Catherine)

Secondly- I am a Beatles fan and had "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid" going through my head- the 2 ideas came together as a tribute to my 1st "love" and my favorite band![/QUOTE]

I LOVE the Beatles, too! Lovely, Rita!

My wife came up with my first name after seeing me fully dressed up, complete with makeup. I tossed around a few last names and came up with my last name, which my wife liked as well. And "Gabrielle Hermosa" as born.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

As a child my perents would dress me in a panties and a little girls dress and call me sue sue. It was suppose to be for punishment and as I grew up they along with my brother would call me that to tease me. So for about six months after I came to the conclusion that I was more fem I used Sue.

But I decided I didn't have to have a name with so many negatiaves behind it. I alwasy like Jill and it matched my real first initial, so it worked out well.

BTW, my dad was from the same area in Arkansas as Johnny Cash and they did know each other. So I figured the song "a boy named Sue" was written about me.

Jill

my so picked mine when she first discovered my cd'ing. she asked if i had a name for my alter ego and when i said no, she thought about it for 2 secs then said "jasmine" sounded right to me

You know the feeling that you get, the reaction that you make, when someone calls out your name (often to a person nearby)? It’s that kind of familiarity, that kind of identity, that I’ve had with the name Melissa for as long as I can remember. Unlike some of you, it’s not the name my parents would have chosen had I been born a biological girl and it’s nothing like my birth name. Yet, it’s every bit as much “me.” The other part of my login name (Sue) is actually not a middle name. It’s short for Summers, the last name that I’ve adopted. Summers is a simple name, again not at all like my more unusual (and sometimes hard to pronounce) given surname, but also a word that signifies the enjoyable times in my life when I celebrated my birth (often with my favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake with Bisquik!). My middle name is Eve, the first woman as told in Scripture and a word that refers to something immediately preceding an event, date or activity. For me, a complete name as a woman properly sets the stage for a changed life that follows.

By my mother, if I was born a girl my name is Lotte (Charlotte).

Platinum Member
    Blue favorite color.
    Orchid favorite flower
    Blue Orchid

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar
    I am Hispanic but didn't learn Spanish very well while living at home but sometimes my mother would say i looked muy linda(which means pretty) when i would dress up when I was a child so I thought she was calling me Linda. oh well lol.

I received my name while meditating about spritual introspection. I have always considered my name a gift It is as important to me as my given birth name. A great question! lv dana.

Lightbulb Femme Names

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Curl View Post
    The last name Curl is my mother's maiden name and I always thought is was so perfect for a lady.
    Joanne Marie Curl
    Thank you Joanne I think you have just helped me to find a last nime! I had never even given thought to mothers maiden name... Sarah Marie Bowe... it runs well I think.

The rest of it just fell into place years ago, always thought of myself as a Sarah, all the Sarah's I know are lovely people inside and out. Marie came from my ex-wife and my initials, S&M (she was the S and I was the M). So S M always made sense to me, so Sarah Marie I became. Now to ask mothers permition to use her maiden name to complete my self.

Ok I will have to give a bit more thought to my last name... Any thoughts?
    Last edited by sarahNZ; 01-22-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: add last line

My name, Cathy, is special to me. Many years ago when I was a lowly Biology undergraduate I had a crush on a girl named Kathy. She was able to keep up with the boys and do all the field stuff we did, but she managed to remain very feminine all the while. I always admired that. I am Cathy and not Kathy because I had a brain lapse in spelling.
    TG is who I am; CD is something I do.

My CD Blog Site

I picked up this genji name (alias) after searching for my real name meanings, instead of the real name, I found out "Izzy" in the list. So I remembered that one of the cartoon I watched when I was a kid use that name (of course it's boy character).
    Luckily, "Izzy" is suit for both gender.. So I paired it with Valentine as my last name.

There you go "Izzy Valentine", and I found another name, which is I often use too.
    An initial for Izzy, which is IV.. So I got "Ivy" as my another (yet girly) name.

Kathryn Janos
    I chose Kathryn for my most beloved fictional female ever, Captain Kathryn Janeway of the USS Voyager. She's strong, intelligent, outside the box, and principled to a fault. That said, she cares deeply for her friends and crew, and is flawed in just the right ways.

Oh, and when she's angry, she's hell on warp nacelles. For the best reference of this, see "Equinox Part I & II" from Voyager. Her humanity guides every decision she makes, for better or worse.

Many years ago when I was first contemplating a femme name I tried picking a cute moniker for myself but nothing felt quite right. Whatever name I tried just felt too...I dunno...made up. I wanted to own the name so to speak and didn't feel right naming myself. I hit upon the idea of asking my dad in a round about way what my name would have been if I had been born a girl. It turns out that before I was born my folks thought they had a girl on the way and had selected the name Elizabeth. Hence Beth. Short, simple and relatively close to my guy name. I liked it, it felt like something I could have just for me and given (albeit unknowingly) by someone I love very much.

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    it is a cute name and so, for that matter, are you.

come out of the closet. you look way too good to be hidden away.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 01-17-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: merged - use the edit button please
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.

Pulled it out of my, . . . ummm, thin air

A few weeks ago, I was in San Francisco for Macworld. I got totally dressed up and went to Diva's - a fun little drag bar. The bartender found out it was my first time dressed up and out and about, and said "What's your name, hon?" I gave her my guy name. She shook her head and asked again, "What's your name, hon?" Thinking she hadn't heard me the first time, I gave her my name again. She fixed me with a stare, and emphasizing every word, asked me again, "What's your name, hon?"

Suddenly, the light dawned (yeah, I know. I'm slow, but I'm a guy - it's expected). I said "Kathi." She smiled, and said "Welcome, Kathi." And that's where my first name came from - desperation. Why did I say Kathi? I'm not sure. Kathi was the name of my first kiss. She wore what is now my favorite perfume (Oscar De La Renta). Who knows, maybe I associate femininity with her. As for the last name? Ummmmm, it sounded good?

Oh yeah, learn from my mistake. If you go into a drag bar dressed as a woman, don't use the men's room like I did. I got some weird looks from the men in there as I left the stall, washed, touched up my gloss and fluffed my hair. One of the guys came up to me later and told me of my faux pas. Sigh. So much to learn!

Kathi

T-Girl and here to stay!! Rosaliy Lynne's Avatar
    I don't know that I ever responded to this thread before but since my response would be rather lengthy, I include instead, a link to my name history. In so far as I am aware, both my name, and the manner of my chosing it, are rather unique. If you are interested, you can connect to my site by simply dropping everything in the following link from /data on.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rlynne9/d...0My%20Name.pdf
    Rosaliy Lynne
    We are who we are. We become what we must.
    http://rosaliylynne.com/

My name came from a girl in my secondary school. She was with her clothing, attitude, make up and hair a sort of rolemodel for me. Now more than 20 years later I still use this name for my femme alterego (still in the closet).

I can't even remember when or why. I just feel like I've always been Stephanie. I never even gave it a thought. I just identify with.

You all has so beautiful stories about your femme name. The story behind Lisa is not as beautiful, but may be funny in some ways.

Since i was eight years the love of my life was computers, that year Apple also started to sell their new computer which was named the Apple Lisa. That is not why I choose Lisa.

Later in my life, when I was about 18-20 years old I and a friend decided to have fun on a few IRC channels, we would present us as girls and see how everyone reacted. I choose the nick Lisa14_70C. That femme name was taken from that old Apple computer, I had a lot of fun with that.

And now when I started to CD Lisa came to me somewhat naturally, I really had called myself that before.

I remember a TV show from the late 60s earily 70s who had a lady named MaryAnn...loved that show.

Aspiring Member
    My first name is Lee and my middle initial is A. Could have been Leah. My wife helped me come up with Leanne.