Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Your female name *merged threads*

Annis is a name I found on Behind the Name. I guess I liked it because it's a take-off of one of my middle names.

Who gives us our names? Our parents.
    My Father was Patrick, though everyone called him Pat so Tricia seemed right. My Mother was a singer and had the stage name Margaret Dale. So Tricia Dale.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Thank you Lisa, that was lovely.

Love, Jane

My ex's name

ever sincwe i was a kittle kid i had dreams of being the hero and rescuing the damsel in distress named Christine.

20 yrs later I did just that. I met my ex late one night while drivnng around just goofing off when she was in an escape mode from her abusive home life. Her name? Christine.

She was very open and encouraging when i told her about my dressing.

So when I needed a femme name , Christine was a natural. The website computer added the dreamer as there are already other Christines here.

My first chosen name when I started posting here was "Selene.." I chose that name because I loved the character Celine in the movie, "Underworld" (not to mention Kate Beckinsale lol..). But, over time, and partucularly when I started to venture out and meet others, it didn't seem real, i.e. "normal." So I changed my name to Keri, which is a name that I would likely transition to..

Keri is short for Kerridwen, or Cerridwen, the goddess of the Irish lore. I play the online MMORPG Warcraft, and several of the avatars I have rolled,, including my main character, are derived from this name. Hence, the people I play with daily call me 'keri" online already.. so it seemed a good fit. Keri is also more "believable" a name.

But interestingly, I was stumped about names recently. I was registering for the Fantasia Fair and the questionnaire asked for the name I wish to be referred to.. first and last! Wow... never thought about the last name, and frankly I'm not sure that I would want to keep my current one.... Bottom line: take your time, think over lots of names, try them one.. one will eventually come to you that makes you happy.

When I felt the need for a fem name, I searched back through my memory to find the most beautiful women I had known. There were two, and both of them were named Pamela. I'd been calling myself Pamela for years, and wanted to keep the name here, but I figured there would already be some Pamelas around so I added TX for the great state of Texas, where I live.
    Lotsa Hugs,

--Pam

Nicole Cox was the the name of the Genetic Girl friend that helped me discover my femme side and as a tribute to her, I use her name.

I didn't choose my femme name. It was given to me at birth. Only my real name is spelt Lauri. It is of Finnish descent, and there it is a common mans name.

I really didn't choose my name it just popped into my head one day out of the blue. It just seemed to fit so I ran with it.

Anna
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Crazy Lady
    I wanted Catherine or Susan, but those were my sister's and wifes names, so I went back to an earlier time when I grew taller than my dad, so I couldn't be called Little David and the family asked me what I wanted to be called and I selected DJ for David Junior. Well for a femme name I selected a derivative of DJ, ie Dee. ANd then after time I decided that Dee was short for Deanna.

Dee

names

Im really not sure. It was the name that has always been on my mind the most since I was young so lt felt natural to take it.--wendy

A friend named me...I told her and from then on she started calling me Jennie...I liked it so it stuck.
    Just trying to find my place in the world

[SIZE="3"]My soon to be ex-wife picked my name, after all is done I will half to pick a new name. TOO MUCH BITTERNESS to continue on as Dixie[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

joann426

well i had a aunt ann and i took her name and my first name i thought it just fit me nive so i came up with joann

huggs

The name I picked was the name my mother was going to name me if I would have been born a girl. So I always used it......

A collegue at work,shes blonde and gorgeous
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tracy is my real name so I just dropped the y and added the i's

My birth name is Charles thought of Charlene. But then Charlena just clicked.
    May the stars carry your sadness away,
    May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
    May hope forever wipe away your tears,
    And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George

ive always loved the name haley it wasnt the ulternitive name if i was born a girl but i just love the name

Junior Member paula jessica rains's Avatar

how i came up with my name

well if i were borne a female i would have been called jessica anyway i used it for as long as i can remember then i ran across more and more jessica's so i added rains to my name to be different i think it works because it is who i am in the inside and yes i am a gaymale who crossdress but i feel like a woman traped in a males body and some of these days i well get that fixed ............... godess jessica rains
    paula jessica rains

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    wife choose it for me
    Drumming, My other hobby

I remember not having given it too much thought at the time but when I attended my first real support group meeting, they asked for my name at the door. I remember getting kind of panickey and they said, no, not your real name, your feminine name. As I sighed with relief, out came Sara. Never really knew anyone with this name before, Sara is simply a name I like. I think it's classy and it has since become an integral part of me, cannot imagine ever changing it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Mine is somewhat a derivitive of my middle name, and I knew a girl I really thought who was nice by that name. Plus I like the way it sounds. It felt like me.

Straight, yet curvy
    Cindy was the name of by best female friend in high school. I had a major crush on her but she had a boyfriend and actually ended up marrying him.

For the last name, I just wanted something common and generic - part of my paranoia.

it used to be Joanna — which was a part anagram from Jonathan (the "th" went into an anagrammatic surname)

but I later changed it to Jennifer — which sounds like Jonathan if you say it fast in a mumbly sort of way