Thread: A Nice Shock...

Platinum Member

A Nice Shock...

I've just come out to an old long lost friend...

Back in the day when i ID'd as lesbian, because i was too afraid to come out to the world, i tried to come out to a few close friends as trans, who i thought might take it, but was dissed for being a traitor to the lesbian community & all that rubbish...so slowly remove myself from the situation and anyway made a whole new set of friends in lots of the girls here anyway....

Anyway one particular friend who i was very close to, who seemed never to judge anyone, unfortunately moved away before i got the chance to let her know about my true self....well anyway, I have just found her on Face 'Book on another friends page, so i decided to send her a message to which of course i got back in return...who are you?....before i could answer she sent another one.... K___? is that you!!!!....I sent one in return, 'well not exactly!' and asked her if she still had a messenger service so we could chat....

We got chatting and I basically told her the reason i was using a male name, she kinda said she had guessed the reason and was really cool with it all, even invited me to come for beers when she moves....to Manchester from Northampton

The biggest thing about all this is....She was in Manchester visiting friends this weekend gone...and by sheer coincidence was in the village whilst Sparkle was going on, as she has MtF friends, and at one point we could have been even stood not far from each other! hows that for cool!!....

sorry for the long windedness im still in shock, but a happy shock! lol

Wow, how kewl is that That's great news Kieron and great that she accepts you for who you are
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Wow, how kewl is that That's great news Kieron and great that she accepts you for who you are
    Thanks Tamara

Pretty cool, Kieron. It is so refreshing and uplifting to make contact with those who support us. I'm very happy for you, dude.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Excellent news Kieron

I hope you get to meet her soon
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi Kieron, it's real nice when ya get in touch like that and the person accepts ya straight away like that. I'm real pleased for ya Hun xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Ingredient: 100% Attitude DemonicDaughter's Avatar
    You gotta love when things like that happen in life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]"We're all born naked. Everything we wear is drag," said Boy George
    [/SIZE]

Thanks wonderful news....just love when things happen the way they should Awesome
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Redhead Ready to Rock Bobbie cd's Avatar
    That is absolutely wonderful, Kieron.
    It is always great to re-connect with long-lost friends.
    It is even better to find someone like that and have them accept you as yourself. Woo-hoo!!
    Live in the Present.
    Forgive the Past.

Wow, Kieron - how cool is that! I am really pleased to hear that you had such a good experience - it's always nice when that happens, isn't it?
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Platinum Member

update...

Well, managed to catch up with my friend again, and we have decided to exchange contact details when she has more time (she was running out the door) and we are gonna meet up at Manchester Pride to catch up, cant wait

Woo, cool!
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kieron Andrew View Post
    We got chatting and I basically told her the reason i was using a male name, she kinda said she had guessed the reason and was really cool with it all, even invited me to come for beers when she moves....to Manchester from Northampton
    That's great news, K!

I had something similar happen to me recently - an old friend I had not heard from since before I came out (and started transitioning) contacted me out of the blue and I had to decide whether I should renew the friendship because I thought for sure she wouldn't accept me as I am now. We e-mailed back and forth a while and she put 2 and 2 together and figured it out - and told me she was totally fine with it and happy for me.

I'm glad you've renewed a friendship - especially with someone who sounds like a keeper.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's awesome and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    That's wicked! Congrats!! It's so nice when that happens
    The same thing happened to me JUST last night. I came out to someone about it and she said, and i quote, "Congrats."
    And then she said, "Oh, and I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I really mean it!"
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

There are some really cool people out there and I'm not just talking about us guys (and gals)
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)