Thread: It's all happening!

It's all happening!

Well since joining up with you guys my life seems to have suddenly gone into the fast lane.
    I came out to my kids and they were all cool (although my son was a bit shocked!)

Yesterday I got my first chest binder. Surprisingly comfortable too as I wore it most of the day. Had an assessment by local mental health team (cos of my chronic depression) and they changed all the paperwork to the new name I had chosen for myself and even manged to use it throughout the assessment!
    And today my deed poll papers arrived. And a friend has started texting me using my new name... and the best bit? It feels great
    I know there are going to be tough times ahead but for the moment I'm gonna enjoy these. So the drinks are on me!

Platinum Member
    Sounds all very positive Wolfie....so what did you decided on for your chosen name if we might ask that?

Banned Read only
    I'm never one to pass up a free drink, Wolfie! Thanks!

And congratulations on everything going well for you so far. May that continue!

Keep letting us know how you're getting along, hun.

We all have a lot to learn from each other.

Cheers!

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    I know! It feels so great when people remember. When my friend IM'ed me with 'Hi, Alan' I swear I nearly cried from joy.

Congratulations! /accepts drink.

Thanks guys.

And nope I don't mind you asking Kieron - I am going to be known as 'Ben' from today. I have never been into anything fussy, long or complicated (unless its a computer!). There is no other special reason behind it, but I had to smile when I told my daughters and they both said at the same time 'I love the name Ben, it suits you'
    And just to make you all smile my eldest daughter told one of her lad friends (who I keep telling her she should marry (she wont - its a running joke but he is lovely!) about my trans he turned round and said in a shocked voice;
    'But your mum got huge boobs!'

lol couldn't work out what I thought;
    a) he had looked at my boobs or
    b) he had the guts to say it to my daughter!

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    Ben , that is cool I am happy for you , if my kids found out .. welll It would not go over good . I wish you all the best and welcome to the forum , youy'll make alot of friends here ,thanks for the drink. Hugs

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Platinum Member
    Thats great Ben, perhaps now you have a name you could put it in your signature so we wont forget it or under your username
    Last edited by Kieron Andrew; 07-06-2008 at 01:48 PM.

LOL Ben...that is so funny about your daughter's friend - they can come out with some beauties can't they! I am so glad that everything seems to be going so well for you
    [SIZE="3"]Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are. ~ Unknown[/SIZE]

Name change now official - now for the tedious job of changing bank, BS, health etc....
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I know there are going to be tough times ahead but for the moment I'm gonna enjoy these. So the drinks are on me!
    Make mine a rum and Coke, please . . .

Yeah, I would recommend remembering these moments when the dark days come. I don't mean to sound down or cynical, but it can be a roller coaster ride and some days all we can do is hold on, close our eyes and scream till it starts to swing upward again.

Congrats on your kids taking it well - my son took it very well too and some people here have met him so they can tell you that he's very cool with it all. I hope things continue to move along at whatever pace you're comfortable with and that the obstacles will be few and far between.

Oh and I haven't had a chance to welcome you properly yet so . . . welcome aboard, Ben!
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Ben! I'm Taylor. I try to drop in as often as I can. Great to have another guy here. I'm glad your kids took it so well.

First day back at work after a year off (mental illness and suicide attempts tend to mean a long stay in hospital!)A phase return - one day this term then back in September. The team I work with all know and the rest of the bigger team are finding out - so today was my first official day as Ben complete with suit Wow what a bizarre day! Talk about needing a drink - I need a bar full.
    Most people couldn't even meet my eye but some just kept distance which is fine by me. But I did it and still here to prove I survived - now I want a medal!

Yept CaptLex I'm hanging on to the good moments cos there have also been some very crap ones and I feel a bit like I'm on a roller-coaster ride. But I got on and I'm dammed if I will get off!
    Got my first appointment through for gender clinic (November) and at long last feel as if I am beginning to take a bit of control of my life instead of the depression dragging me under. Mind you don't quote me on that cos I know I have a hell of a journey and suicide is my escape hatch.
    "If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)