Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing and divorce

Thanks again for all of the helpful advice. I met with a lawyer this week and threw out all my cards out on the table. When I described my exact situation and explained the history of my CDing in our marriage, the lawyer more or less called it a non-issue considering the wife knew about it early on and showed support initially, that I keep my children protected from it and that the courts no longer view such things in a negative light (doesn't impact my ability to be a good father).

This lawyer does a lot of collaborative law, a step between mediation and litigation, and has an extensive background in psychology. She asked me a lot of question about my wife's erratic behavior over the years and thinks it's likely that my wife is suffering from Borderline Personality Disorder (which I have long suspected). She said my wife probably threatens to bring it up it court because she is trying to stop me from going through the divorce and "abandoning" her. It will be interesting and probably nerve-wracking to see how this all goes. If my wife truly has a Borderline Personality, what seems fine one day won't be fine the next.

I am truly amazed at the quality of the advice shared on this forum. It is said that the two most emotional times in married life are death and divorce. I have experienced one of these. While I have experienced one, I can only imagine going through the other. I would suggest that it would be really important to keep ones emotions in check when going through divorce. Focus on the important things, what's best for your children. They are the innocents.

I was struck by what Camille had to say. Now I know why they call you "Classy"!

is going to be one roller coaster for you Kat.....but we all here for you.....if you want to cry or just need to chat we are the girls to help you x