Thread: Feminine Name

Lightbulb Feminine Name

Since I am new here and have received numerous welcomes, I already feel the love.. Thanks gals. I wanted to make a little thread posting about feminine names. I was wanting to ask everyone about theirs. Questions like, where did you femm name come from, and what's the story behind it. I am just the type of girl who likes learning new things about new people.

Elle is historically feminine, so i just added it to my name

Kisses,
    Jonelle

Wink

Love it....... It's catchy :-)

Thankyou hun... how about yours.

Kisses,
    Jonelle

There are lots of threads on this, but whatever. We get our names from our parents, yes? My father was called Patrick, hence Tricia. My Mother's stage name before she had me was Margaret Dale. Hence I'm Tricia Dale and it works.

My dance teacher calls me Calam though from the musical ha-ha. Its fun to get nicknames as well
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    I cheated and just changed the spelling of the nickname I've had since I was a kid.

Not just a pig-n-lipstick
    Mine came from an inside joke between my GF and I.

When I first met her mother my GF reverted to her hillbilly roots and got all "Awww shuck'um's"- Ellie May Clampitt-ish (Beverly Hillbillies) on me.

Didn't take long for me to latch onto Ellie as a name once I fully dressed.

Exclamation

I am liking the feedback I am getting from this threat. As for me, with my name.... Where do I begin. Since I have been dressing, I have went through a lot of changes along with name changes. I first was called Kalisha Bowers, then I switched it to Kalisha Karmichael, then Deja Dupree. I go through these weird changes where I like my name for a while, then I hate it, but after some coping with myself I decided to do a whole new look ( including changes with my life and wardrobe change) I decided that Jade was the right name for me after all. Hopefully lol :-)

each one of those last names is from a main character in a movie is that how you came up with them??? NEwayz i think jade is a great name

Kisses,
    Jonelle

Wink

Girl, there is no telling how I cam up with those names. I've been told that I can come up with cute names for transgendered females and drag queens.

well i still need a last name...
    any suggestions

Kisses,
    Jonelle

Smile

i like

Jonelle St James
    Jonelle Van Cartier
    Jonelle St Croix
    uuhhmmm

I can come up with some more as well

Claire,sorry,its just who i am
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

I opened my wallet, looked at my driver's license, and thought, "Huh. 'least it's easy to remember."

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Jade, If you scroll to near the bottom, below the last reply but before the section for replying, you will find a 'Tags' area. If you click on the word 'names' that appears there, you will be shown a list of some of the other threads that have discussed names and their origins.

Gold Member
    Erin is my femme name, and the male version is my actual middle name, I think it is nicer as a woman's name though.

I used to use s different femme name that was Gawd-awful.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Now that I think of it, I don't have a "feminine name" I just call myself Bernie (which is my real name and kind of ambiguous). Many people know me as Aphrodite, but it's an old nickname of mine and not precisely because of the goddess, but for a character I like that used to call himself "Aphrodite".
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=55627&dateline=121531 9879[/SIGPIC]

Silver Member
    I chose the name Susan because it starts with an 's' and has five letters just like my guy name. Also I have known a couple of GG's in the past with this name that I admired very much.

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    I just picked the name Victoria when I got older I had many names before I stopped the first time my last name is in Honor of a close family member, My middle name Michelle I like because it works with my full name. The question is who has a maiden name? Mine is Johnson if I am ever asked

Mine came from a girl I met in California about 20 years ago. I had such a crush on her.

I can't ever remember meeting and ugly Erin and definitely asked several girls of that name for a date.

I did know a Bernie in college (her nickname) and she was HOT!

too bad I didn't get any dates....

As for mine.... desire for something that I could have a chance of responding to in public. If I mis-type I sometimes get my actual name. LOL If you can't figure out the second name...please take a number and wait in line.

Brina

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonelle View Post
    well i still need a last name...
    any suggestions
    [SIZE=4]
    I like aliteration aka Jonelle Jansen, Jonelle Jovi

Then another Jonelle Neville, Jonelle Nelson Jonelle Belle

But of course its your chooice, hope I gave you some ideas.

I have actually had several people take the names I proposed.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]I just knew my name was Lainie. I set up my email 5 months before my epiphany when I was unconscioulsy practicing being female, and took my usual name Alan and made it Alynne on my IM a year before, it is now my 3rd of 4 names.

My initials were AN, and I always loved Anne, and even used it sometimes when I was playing around genderwise like bowling, so that is my 2nd name.

I changed my last name since a two syllable name sounded better with Lainie than a one syllable one. And I had no real reason to keep my original. My father changed the spelling when he was 18, my grandfather dropped the "O" in front, and neither of them had the original name spelling Niall.
    My family ruled Ireland for 800 years, and I am the pretender to the Irish throne, or Queen of Ireland in Exile. I am descended from both the O'Nialls and William of Orange who defeated the O'Nialls.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 07-12-2008 at 01:05 AM. Reason: merged 2 posts, use the edit button please.

Direct Feminine version of my male name. Means rock in greek. But named myself after the model named "Petra" and I had a crush on a girl named "Petra" many moons ago.

What is funny is that I had no idea that "petra was the feminine version of my male name.

I also wanted a unique name so when I was out n about I wouldnt be just another plain old girl.

Proud to be Petra

HUgz,

Miss Petra
    [SIZE="3"]Lovin everthing CD[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Hey, Dont bother me I'm dressing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I Feel like an actress in her greates role ever "LIFE"[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amazing Member
    I have admired a couple of GG acquaintances named Beth. When it came time to enter a name for this site, Beth was alreeady taken, so i came up with the extension, Lock, since I had been fiddling with the lock situation for my apartment, at that time. It was just as random as that!

A song from Pure Prarrie League.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU