Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking hormones but still present as male?

been on e and avodart for 8 months now love the progress and am experiencing slow but sure changes talked with the doctor about this and getting blood wok done to monitor everything. Morgan

Thank you Melissa. I don't think any of us are treading carefully.
    I just went back to work after 2 months of hormones. I'm so much calmer and clearer. I'm utterly "in the moment," as we used to say, and perfectly alert.
    I'm not on estrogen blockers per se, but do take herbs touted as such.

Smile so many in the boat

I've just read this this entire post great to see so many people I can relate to. Over 50 6'4''.I have thought of starting hrt self medicated style. Was this close to ordering them on the internet but lost connection took it as sign. Maybe this is a new one. I would love the changes to both mind and body and its great to hear from girls who live with the reality of not passing
    Grace

Well I'm starting down the road. Dr. prescribed Divigel and spiro. Its been a little over a week, and havent noticed any changes other than I feel set free. We will see how things progress.

Been on HRT for 7 months

I have been on hrt for 7 months and have def noticed changes. I am almost a b cup now, face has gotten softer and have a more fem face now. I work 2 jobs both in hotels. in my main one I am totally in male mode but I have long hair and put it in a bun. I have been called maam a couple of times there. But my other one I totally wear my hair girl style in a ponytail no make up and wear a uniform. OMG I get called maam and sweetie all the time and have considered coming out at that job. Thank god the boss and other co-workers are very accepting. I'm sure they know because they were stading right there when customers say thank you maam to me.

Today at work I was extremely calm (and even loving) in what would have formerly been a tense situation where my temper would need control. I noticed one of my girl co-workers observing me closely. I said to myself, "Thank God for the hormones," and had fun instead of angst.
    M

A little over a month now. Breast a little tender here and there. Most definatley my mindset is off the charts for the better. Compared to how i felt before as to how i feel now, you would have to pry my prescriptions out of my hands!!!!!! No, noticable physical changes that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. View Post
    I don't know your circumstances, maybe your therapist felt this was important in your case. I can tell you that the Standards of Care are not written in concrete. In fact, they are now more flexible than they have ever been. Also, the RLT is only a requirement for GRS (gender reassignment surgery). That has always been the case. We all live under different circumstances. HRT is an important and crucial step that should not be taken lightly, But to force someone to live full time from the get go wouldn't be fair, and is impossible in some cases. There is no time-line for going full time, and if one wants to, they can put it off almost as long as they need to. This is one reason I don't reccomend what some girls do-get their ok from the therapist, then never see him/her again, or rarely. Therapy is an important part of the process, in my opinion. We go thru alot of changes, ups and downs, and fears. It's a big deal, and issues are bound to come up, and need to be addressed.

Hugs,

Melissa
    Hi Melissa,
    your 100% right i am going to have (gender reassignment surgery ) that was the reason for rapid Real life test. i'm done now got my letter so i hope to finnish the job soon.

here is a very good question *** WHY do you need hormones *** after all you feel like woman anyhow and if like me you start late in life why bother .
    i just came off mine last week and god what a roller coaster ride through hell this is it sure makes me think twice about going back on them thats for sure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Speaking for those of us who are taking hormones and have no dreams of transitioning. Feminizing, physically and emotionally, is just something we have to do.

To tell you the truth-there're many perks of presenting as a male in many situations. I like to be able to do both. I have been treated as a girl, and been abused as a girl (when I was young and a very pretty drag queen), and really cherished those experiences that were from a woman's perspective.

I'm really neither a girl nor a boy, but mostly girl. Is it only esthetic? Girls are allowed to be prettier?
    M

Wow, over 5,000 views and 3 pages of comments!!!! Well anyway, im still on the path of taking hormones and presenting as "I am supposed to be". I can't really say I "feel" any different at almost 2 months into this but, I am so much more calm and level headed that some of those around me are scratching their head as to why I don't fly off the handle anymore.

Currently, I am in a really tense atmosphere at work that has been ongoing for almost 5 years (yeah, I'm dedicated to my job beyond what is normal). In fact this situation is what has brought Natasha to the surface, finally. The regime prescribed has made me deal with my neysayers in a manner that totally confuses them, because they don't know how to get under my skin anymore. Instead of lashing back now I calmly respond and manage the matter as a true professional. They have gone as far as posting on local "blogs" many items that would make many lash out in anger.

As far as physical changes so far, other than tender nipples I havent really noticed anything.

Sorry for the ramble, a couple glasses of wine will do that

Quote Originally Posted by morgan pure View Post
    Speaking for those of us who are taking hormones and have no dreams of transitioning. Feminizing, physically and emotionally, is just something we have to do.

To tell you the truth-there're many perks of presenting as a male in many situations. I like to be able to do both. I have been treated as a girl, and been abused as a girl (when I was young and a very pretty drag queen), and really cherished those experiences that were from a woman's perspective.

I'm really neither a girl nor a boy, but mostly girl. Is it only esthetic? Girls are allowed to be prettier?
    M
    Amen.

I posted elsewhere that I started on the patch, no more daily 2mg pill but I am on the 4mg per day patch - and I like it, while not on a T-blocker I am back to tender nipples and my right breast is almost cupped like my left is....they are growing.

But I present as a male except to myself when I'm comfortable...

Two spirits
    Scottie
    You must dare to disassociate yourself from those who would delay your journey... Leave, depart, if not physically, then mentally.
    Go your own way, quietly, undramatically, and venture toward trueness at last.

-- Vernon Howard

I'm into my 21st month of hormones, had 9 laser sessions and throat surgery, but despite presenting as female, clothes, make up, perfume etc, I still get referred to by folks as sir, mate, pal etc. I still await a total stranger referring to me as Miss or madam, guess I'll have a long wait.

Steph

Banned Read only
    I presented as something kind of androgynous-to-male at times while in the beggining of my hormones.

Then I took about 8 months off hormones and lived as a female and then got my hormones on track again.

As a male on female hormones I was always very self conscious about titties showing thru T shirts especially when a seatbelt was on or something

To ALL who have posted, ThankYou, Thank You, Thank You.
    Only recently I started considering the possibility of taking hormones, without presenting female, and without specifics plans to ever present as female (full-time). Wife, kids, age (48), financial situation (kids!!!), etc. etc. Make is seem impossible at this point in time that I will ever be able to actually transition, if I do decide to take that step someday. However, the more I discover about myself, the more frustrated I become with not being able to do anything because my desire grows stronger slowly but surely.
    Anyway, my only long-term concern is that I live in a HOT climate, the average high temp is above 100 for about 5 months a year. We usually get several weeks of 110+ weather. In those higher temps, it is hard to wear multiple layers to 'hide' things. I've been looking for female t-shirts with built in shelf bras that DO NOT have the strap adjust thingies in the back. If anything would work in the hot climate here it would be that. Anyway, I digress.
    I don't feel so crazy now. My only real problem right now is that the closest counselor that deals with gender issues is about 200 miles away from me. Clandestinaly (spelling?) finding the time, gas money, etc to go see the counselor might prove difficult. My wife is unsupportive.
    Anyway, enough rambling for me for now. Thanks again All. I appreciate you.

BTW, I've decide to get my nipples pierced BEFORE I go on hormones. If I'm going to have any boobs (I've wanted boobs for as long as I can remember), I want them pierced and I figure it's gonna hurt a lot less if I get it done now. lol.
    I also really really want the female waist hip curve thing. Ohh Laa Laa!!!
    I'm a little large to pass as female. Not terribly, I'm 5' 9" and have normal male broader shoulders. Anyway, I was observing girls and their female appearences one day, I doubt I'm the only one who does that, and I spotted a gal who was about as tall as I AND she had fairly broad shoudlers for a girl. She was a pretty good lookin' girl too. It was the waist hips thing that made ALL the difference. I have since looked around and noticed that the slinder waist with broader hips is a big female attractive characteristic. That is one of the bigger reason I want to go on hormones. I want to look female pretty.
    Anyway, starting to digress off the thread topic. Sorry.
    Last edited by GypsyKaren; 10-26-2008 at 09:41 AM. Reason: merged posts
    [SIZE="3"]Terri[/SIZE]
    ------------------------------------------
    [SIZE="2"]"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, The master calls a butterfly!"[/SIZE]

The true measure of a person is in the questions they ask, not the answers they give.

Banned Read only
    Wow, I'm more excited now after reading this, about getting some hormones asap. What do y'all recommend the safest...that I should start with?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcieM View Post
    Wow, I'm more excited now after reading this, about getting some hormones asap. What do y'all recommend the safest...that I should start with?
    My advice would be, get a letter of recomendation from a therapist and have an MD prescribe hormones for you, if you want safe. Otherwise my regimen of estrodiol, medroxyprogesterone, and spiro which I have been on for almost four years has done wonders for me.

Banned Read only
    I say do it if it's comfortable for you to present male at times.

I definitely did it.
    There have been times where I looked like just a odd feminine male into underground music or like a gangster thug and I had my titties poppin' out underneat my shirt before full time living.

I did not always feel comfortable everyplace in femme mode.I had to build up alot of courage....

....And break down many more barriers.

hi...Kimberley.. i was wondering . why you were told not to take premarin. strange i am 61 now been on prem over 4 years. . yes s r s as well ........yes i did my home work well before going on h r t . i would say this before any ones goes on hormons get your blood tests done . you need a base count done so you can check how ...your ..body is working or not . most important this . to be done . remember what works for me ...may ...not work for every one . ..if ..has been the case . my friend was on h r t ... it was not right for her she went off the deep end . now she has come off . thank goodness .may be later she will be able to have some other h r t .... this just shows it does not work in all cases . my main point is are you ready ...psychologically...mentalally...emotionally ...if not then dont think being on h r t will fix things . or having s r s ... it helps . just does not fix things ..in some cases it makes things worse ... big time. so allways make sure you know what you are getting your self in to ....i know i have been through it all. & it can be hell... on the other side it can be so neat. as you find your self ....the real you ... ...noeleena...

This thread certainly struck a nerve with me! I'm relatively new here, and am still learning this forum, making posts here and there, wanting to be heard. I didn't say "need to be heard", just "wanting".

I've been on HRT for 9 months now. I self medicate. I do get blood work. I am seeing a therapist. I do not intend to go full time. Am I TS? Know what? I don't need a label, I'm me. I'm a t-girl who "presents" as a male when I have to, but I am a girl all the time. I really don't have concerns over which branch of the broader TG community that I fit into. It's all a matter of degree, anyway.

Why did I decide to start HRT? I needed to. I didn't need a therapist to tell me that, either. I feel more comfortable and complete now that my body is changing. The clothes were never enough. I had to be closer to being complete, and seeing curves and breasts - on me - delights me, and makes me very happy.

I should tell you all what changes I've seen. Physically, there's the softening of my skin, there's been fat redistribution, my face is a little rounder, I'm losing muscle mass, I'm a solid A cup (and still growing, but I think I'm about done there), and my body hair is lightening and more sparse. The big change is my demeanor. I've never been overtly male - aggressive, boisterous, any of that. Now, I'm even calmer! I think before I react, I'm not prone to quick temper, and I'm more open to suggestion. I feel very feminine, constantly in touch with who I am. As for sexual pressure, well - that's gone, and as I said elsewhere I don't miss that one bit.

So, that was my cent and a half. I hope it was in some way meaningful.

Bye-bye for now!!

~~~~Sara Lynn
    "...we're not screwed up, we're just programmed to think we are..."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by T Sara Lynn View Post
    I've been on HRT for 9 months now. I self medicate.
    Could you please let me know what you take?

I can, Marcie. I take Estrofem (orally, dissolved under my tongue) 6 MG, and Spironolactone, 200 MG (split dose) daily. I have to say I'm not condoning this - you should get blood work regularly.
    Last edited by T Sara Lynn; 10-29-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: minor addendum
    "...we're not screwed up, we're just programmed to think we are..."

My favorite favorite favorite post.

Terry Terry, bless you, go for it. Wear big T-shirts. Everyone else does. And a lot of us older guys have man-tits.

I got the patch because I read that the liver doesn't handle hormones well. I do not get blod work done, but am thinking of it. My doctor is a girl and I think will go along. She's very nice.

I am so happy. Everytime I remember that I'm doing this I smile. When I see my little tits in the mirror when I'm wearing my favorite new dress I dance. Hormones put my temperament and my self in sinc.

Can I promote a party here? November 15th Mother.nyc is having a Click and Drag night downtown NY. It is a fetish night that celebrates gender-disfunctionalists. I'm really tempted to do a dress, although make up on this wrinkled face is not fashionable.

Morgan