Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballet classes

Ballet classes

hi again girls after a lot of time.I keep taking ballet classes and i think,after a lot of years in ballet,that is one of the most feminine activities we can do.love the feeling to be in my ballet school's spoilers after my job,and having to take off my pants and shirt,for wearing a leotard(with a t-shirt over leotard),black opaque ballet tights(over leotard also),and ballet slippers like a girl.and dressed so womanly,same as my classmates,(i m the only man in my class)have to dance in a so cute and graceful way,expressing myself as feminine as i feel.i love also the discipline ballet demands.my teacher after all these years,attends me as one of the girls.i also keep taking private ballet lessons with an openminded girl,who permitts me to be dressed more womanly for the lesson,wearing semi-opaque lycra women's tights,lycra leotard under the tights,and pointe shoes(she gives me also pointe lessons).
    i m very lucky finding a teacher like her!she really treats me as a ballerina,not a male ballet dancer!
    love hearing from you girls,your opinion about ballet,if you like dancewear(have lot of ballet costumes and tutus),your perconal ballet experiences (if you ever had ), and if ballet was one of the reasons for being en femme.
    i had my sister in ballet,and her leotards and tights were what i tried first in my teens.
    also want to know if anyone of you,from your personal experience,or from a girl friend of yours, knows a cd friendly ballet studio in europe or usa,that encourages the male studens taking lessons dressed en femme,or at least accept it.

Banned Read only
    Hi ballerinagirl, I'll reply via pm to the one you sent me but I just thought I'd say that I also learn ballet and have been learning for about 15-18months. I have recently been wearing dance pants over a pair of white, black or pink tights and a white t-shirt. I really enjoy ballet even though at times it can be frustrating. Like you I'm also the only male in my class.

hi thwaiter.i m wearing a short sleeves leotard with a t-short,and black opaque ballet tights over leotard in the class.wearing dance pants i think is easier wearing leotard over tights,i prefer it.do you like the fact you are the only male in the class?how did you felt at first?for me wasn't easy wearing tights in front of so many girls,but now i m so used of it and feel comfortable.can you wearing pink tights in your class?we have strict dress code,only black tights for me!i enjoy ballet too,but is really frustrating especially if i have every day classes or private lessons.reply me if you want via pm.

I think I've told this story before, but when I was in second grade my sisters were taking ballet lessons. My mother decided to sign me up also so she wouldn't have to drag me around shopping while my sisters were in class. Because the lessons were right after school, I wore my tights and leotard under my school clothes and tried to hide them from the other kids. I didn't hide them well enough and soon I was a laughingstock.

Whenever I walked by a group of kids on the playground, they would laugh and make mock ballet moves. I finally refused to go to the lessons, but it was too late. I was called a sissy, fairy, faggot, queer daily for the next 3+ years while I was still at that school. At the time, I thought it was a bad thing. But now I know better. I do like the outfits but don't have any. Hmmmmm

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Help!

Just received my first order of ballet supplies. The tites all fit well and look great! However, the size 12 pointe shoes took 20 minutes to force onto my feet last nite. Never mind the pain. But my calves started cramping when I tried to stand on my toes.

Any suggestions ballerinas?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I took Ballet and Pilates a few years ago and I know what you mean about feeling womanly. Basically what I did is I wore a black leotard and a very long dart t-shirt and men’s dance pants so my teacher would not have a clue. I basically have done the same thing when I’ve taken Jazzercise, and various aerobics classes.

Geoff

Smile

I haven't taken ballet classes though I can certainly see the appeal. I do regularly take Pilates classes though and I have worn tights, women's crop pants, and have even gone with toe and finger nails painted (clear, shimmer, and most recently light pink) and everyone thinks it's fun.

ballet classes

I take a weekly adult ballet class aimed at beginners and people resuming ballet after many years absense.I have to adher to the male dress code which means black tights and a white tee shirt.I would love to openly wear a black ballet leoatrd and white tights like the females in the class.I do wear sheer black pantyhose under my ballet tights as I find it more comfortable.We are hoping to stage a short ballet recital at christmas when i will be able to wear white tights and a short tunic.

Ballerina

I love the idea of becoming a ballerina (feminine) ;What a dream

Hi there and thank you for the story! I have never done ballet classes, but I do own several leotards. Most of my leotards are designed more for gymnastics and working out, but I have one or two "cap sleeve" type that you'd see for ballet or dance. Usually just the sensation of wearing tights with a leotard (I wear my leotard over my tights) is good enough for me, but the thought of working with a ballet teacher is very intriguing!

Since we're on the subject... is it just me, or does anyone else wear panties under their leotard? I just don't feel right doing any crossdressing without a nice pair on!

I took jazz/ballet classes with my girlfriend one night a week for two years in leotards and tights just like hers and the 5 other ladies in her class. I did not try to look like a female, but I did look forward to coming home from work and changing into leotards and tights, wearing them around the house in anticipation of class. I started out the first night in leotards and tights just like theirs, and the ladies seemed to appreciate me dressing and fitting in like one of the girls for class with them. Taking class with my girlfriend helped me feel more secure about it starting out. But I also have called around different dance studios asking about adult classes. When I asked what they wore to class, the answer was usually the 'ladies are in leotards and tights, but you can wear what you want.' She would tell me that men frequently wore bike shorts or tights if they wanted. When I suggested that I already had a leotard and tights that I could wear, the answer was always 'that would be fine'. It sounded more like they did not want to discourage a guy from taking class by insisting he be in tights and/or leotards. I was never advised not to come in leotards and tights as a guy. It's kind of a blur between it being crossdressing or unisex. You will probably have the same luck.

In answer to Katie's question, I first started out with panties under tights when I first tried them on, but found that most girls wore nothing under their tights with leotards and that's they way I preferred it. You may be advised to get a dance belt which makes sense though not that comfortable. In my case, I liked a good tight fitting leotard holding up my tights snuggly anyway and that was enough support for me.

I enjoyed my time with the ladies in my dance classes and I really loved having a reason to slip into a leotard and tights. Even though I don't take ballet now, I still like to slip into one of my leotard and tights outfits and do stretching and workout exercises in them, which explains why I put on shiny sheer black tights, black lycra turtleneck leotard and ballet slippers before writing this. Have fun with your classes and tell us all about it.

ballet classes

For me there is nothing to compare with relaxing at home wearing a lovely fav black ballet leotard,white bloch ballet tights and a pink ballet cardigan.

Smile

I took ballet classes for a few years and generally wore black tights with a white t-shirt. Once in a while I would wear a leotard under my tights, but not often and I also had grey and white ballet tights. They were all men's tights (which seemed to "legitimize it for me) but the leotard was woman's. I loved showing off and of course wished I could wear pink too! I enjoyed everyone else in the classes too, all dressed in a variety of tights and leotards. I particularly loved the tights with back seams. To me, the seams made then more feminine.
    Jeannie (a.k.a. Black Leotards)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie145 View Post
    Since we're on the subject... is it just me, or does anyone else wear panties under their leotard? I just don't feel right doing any crossdressing without a nice pair on!
    The only time I’ve had panties on with a leotard is when I’ve had tights on. I’ll have the panties on to keep parts of my body from moving “Hint, Hint” Tights and than my leotard. If I’m just working out with a leotard and I just have a leotard on and nothing else.

Junior Member Michelle_in_tights's Avatar
    I once bought a complete ballet outfit from a dancewear shop to wear at home. It consisted of a thick pair of white ballet tights and a black longsleeved leotard which is my favourite item of clothing. I wore the tights without undies and it was the most comfortable clothing I've ever worn. I adore dancewear and gymnastics leotards.

I agree with Michelle. Leotards and tights are so comfortable to just wear around at home. Why should it be called crossdressing. The salesladies in the dancewear stores where I have bought admit they are sized for women just because it's mostly women who buy them. Why not all enjoy leotards and tights as unisex and not worry about it.

I enjoy sports and am pretty athletic. I certainly admire ballerinas and figure skaters. They are very athletic and require so much dedication. I never took a ballet class but I certainly would love to learn so I can wear the pretty outfits and tights. I would also like to work on trying to attain that enviable girlish figure.

emmi

Only wishing

I would love to wear the clothes of a ballerina but not all that interested in learning how to actually do ballet. I just think the classic tutus are to pretty to not have at least one. The closest that I have are 2 things. One is an ice skating dress that I really love. The other is a skirt I got from the VS Christmas catalog a few years ago. It is more of a tutu than a skirt. It looks awesome. Some day I would love to have a pink satin bodice classic tutu. I saw one on Wear Moi that I absolutely love. They even make them for men so who knows. Maybe some day---

Barbarella's cuter sister Sarah_Knight's Avatar
    I have loved leotards since an early age. There is something so beautiful about ballet outfits. Though I have never taken the plunge and joined a ballet class I did do Yoga for a number of years so similar leotard related "needs" ... I was able to wear a leotard, tights and a big baggy teeshirt over the top. There were other guys in the group .. some of whom braver than me. Nothing was ever mentioned. I could never shake the feeling that I needed a nice pair of multi-coloured leg warmers as well, but that might have been a fashion push too far!
    I would love a tutu and white tights ... thats on my wish list.

I have a complete ballerina outfit, and I have been to a ballet class (in guy mode)
    It hurts my knees! I am pigeon toed and so the turn-out really hurts my knees even if I do try to tun out from the hips.

same outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_in_tights View Post
    I once bought a complete ballet outfit from a dancewear shop to wear at home. It consisted of a thick pair of white ballet tights and a black longsleeved leotard which is my favourite item of clothing. I wore the tights without undies and it was the most comfortable clothing I've ever worn. I adore dancewear and gymnastics leotards.
    A salsegirl helped me buy the same leotard and tights combo. Classic combo.

I took ballet class at a local community college years ago. It met twice a week after my job, which was in the engineering/maintenance dept. of a large hospital. Of course the only place to change was in the male locker room. There was quite an uproar when they saw me changing into my black leotards with my pointe shoes in my gym bag. I also was the only male in the class and the instructor took special care of me, making sure I was doing everything right. It was wonderful. Hugs, Amber
    "in varietate concordia"

I am sitting here in my pink Danskin style 212 tights and black short sleeve leotard (style 2904), and Leo's full sole ballet slippers, one of the most comfortable outfits ever. Ballet oriented clothing is my favorite, including the ballet flats which are so popular right now. My first crossdressing experience was "borrowing" my sisters ballet tights and slippers.

I took ballet lessons 3 times over the years. The first was an adult class of mostly women in their 30's trying to recapture their youth. I was of course the only male, and some of the women and even the instructor regarded me as an oddity, even if I was dressed in male dance attire - black tights, white t- shirt and black ballet slippers. The second time was for a local ballet company who needed anyone to partner their dancers. The third was a couple of private lessons. I didn't feel that that female instructor would have liked my request to take class dressed in female practice clothes.

All of these occured between 1975-1985. The ballet world then was hypersensitive to gender, and they still are. They don't want to cop to the idea that everything in ballet is feminine - that being a statement made by George Ballanchine himself, who regarded the male role in ballet to be just to support the female. I know they cite the athletic ability of a male dancer and the jumps and leaps and all while being graceful etc.

When crossdressing enters the picture, it really gets the controversy going. Some take their lead from the theatre end of the experience where gender is bent all the time and accepted. Others want to clearly define gender roles in ballet worse than in the mainstream society. And don't even mention sexual orientation to those hardliners.

So I do ballet exercises now to keep myself as feminine as possible, and I may seek out a dance instructor and explain my desire to take lessons as a female dancer. As TG issues get more accepted and gender research identifies how complex gender really is, it will become easier to find instructors who are willing. In the meantime, I will gladly wear tights, leotards, and similar clothing because it just feels good.
    Karen Francis

Work in progress fluffy_kingston's Avatar
    I love doing a ballet workout a couple times a week. Ballet is great for strength/flexibility in the hips, which is usually a weak spot for most people. My posture has improved quite a bit since I began.

Aspiring Member
    I have nothing but the utmost respect for ballet dancers. It takes incredible strength and agility to excel at this fine art.

How someone can leap and land gracefully on the tippy tip of their big toe is a mystery to me!! I like something that is feminine but at the same time so strong because I think in my heart that women are stronger than men.

Even so, it's interesting that I would like to do ballet but only as the ballerina. I have no interest in being a 'male' dancer. Therein lies a fascinating dynamic when related to the male dancer who is indubidably masculine.

I must have wanted to be a ballerina in my childhood because I associated it with something that females do. (Indeed my first real CDing activities revolved around my sister's gymnastics leotards) But just as many masculine males dance too.

So is it that I wanted to be a ballerina or just to wear the clothes they wear because of what I thought they represented?