Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bathroom rules

bathroom rules

I would like hear some feedback, when I go out in public & have to use the restroom I go to the ladies room. Is this okay? Then I wonder if some one notices me will I get in trouble. So far no problems. Help me out.
    JENN

You the restroom for who you look like. Just get in do your duty and get out. There are so many different looking people in this world that no one can say you are or are not a Female. Just ignore the comments and do your stuff. Be friendly and polite. If someone does say something, just look at them like they are crazy and go your own way.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Use the ladies when dressed; less potential for real grief. If you're not fully dressed you might have difficulty with either room.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

If you are en femme use the ladies. Do your business, fix your make up, and leave......No problems!

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    As an FTM, I use the female ones still. Honestly, most of us are NOT about to give you grief for coming in -- unless you have a really obvious beard or something that SCREAMS 'GUY IN THE GIRL'S BATHROOM'

But if you're en femme, in general, no one's gonna comment.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

I heard something about this a while ago , It stated that any person in Fem Mode can use the Public Toilet's and it's not ilegal belong's they are in a Female Manner.

Sally

Some very good feedback, I guess there is no reason to be scared. Sometimes I go into the stall in wait until everybody`s gone before I leave, sometimes that`s pretty long

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Laws should be checked for your location to ensure that you are not breaking the law. I agree with the get in and get out and ignore the comments, if you look and act like a female you should use the ladies room. There are a lot of natural women who look more manly than I do and so i do not worry my self. I have been in ladies room in the line waiting for a stall with other GG's and never have I had a problem. I am respectful and I an not leering, I am about to pee my panties because of the long line. Once done I am relieved and ready to get back to what I was doing.

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    There are a lot of natural women who look more manly than I do
    I get 'sir'-ed all the time (heh, I'm quite manly-looking, which I'm happy about ), but I use the women's room... and I've never gotten grief for it.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

Hugging the Kurves! RobertaFermina's Avatar
    I wonder if it might be a positive exercise to get dressed up and go to the Police Station to the front desk and ask them what the laws/guidelines are ?

That way you will not be "ignorant of the laws", and if they are, because of your direct inquiry, they will have a reason to get informed.

Then if anyone complains, you can refer to the word you received from the Police Department.

I do realize there may be some people and precincts where showing up Enfemme may be a bit scary or stupid....but here in Northern California I'd not have that problem. Your mileage may vary..

Roberta
    [COLOR=Red]Open your Heart :

Quote Originally Posted by Sally1979ct View Post
    I heard something about this a while ago , It stated that any person in Fem Mode can use the Public Toilet's and it's not ilegal belong's they are in a Female Manner.

Sally
    In the UK, there are NO laws about who can use which loos - they only trouble you can get in is if you are accused of causing a breach of the peace? Be friendly and act as if your doing something normal - you are - and you should have no problems?
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

greensboro nc, wilmington nc, and in the fantasy land of your mind
    its as simple as this: go to the one thats gender appropriate to the way you are dressed at the time, if anyone has a problem with it ignore it and do what you went in there for. If it becomes a major issue, make them prove you are not a female or a male. It happens all the time at my restaurant and when i get a complaint about it i simply respond that it is a rest room for the use of my customers and leave it at that.

just remember to be seated for the entire performance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar

Lol, Mj!!

I've been sittiing to P for years, even in guy mode. I hate cleaning the bowl!
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Gold Member
    Well, you heard it from Alan.

But yeah, if you are presenting as female and you use the women's room, there might be a chance someone might notice but probably say nothing. If you are in a dress and go to the men's room, you WILL get noticed if anyone is in there. Tho one of the man-laws states that there is to be no talking or eye contact in the men's room.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    So funny aren't we?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I do sit down when I pee,what about a woman`s dressing room, like maybe a changing room at the beach or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer24 View Post
    I do sit down when I pee,what about a woman`s dressing room, like maybe a changing room at the beach or something.
    " When in Rome, do as the Roman's" When your out and enfemme, do as a normal woman would do.

Renee

Red face Probably not a huge help to the rules, but...

I always worried about this scenario in the back of my mind, even though I'm not out in public very often. I know that during the few times I did venture out en femme I made an effort to use the bathroom at home right before I went anyplace, like a restaraunt for example.

Silver Member
    Like everyone has already said you must use the ladies room if you are dressed like one. It is only common sense to do this. Also a person wearing a dress and looking like a female does not use the mens rest room. This all seems so obvious to me that I would not even think of making exceptions to these rules.

My advice to you would be to use the female rest room as apposed to the male one any day of the week. Men can be very funny about anything regarding thier sexuality and for some unknown reason many of them see Homosexuality and Cding as a challenge to their masculinity. I have listened to some of them talking about pufters etc and they get quite angry and volatile. Women on the other hand are generally more laid back about things like that just so long as it doesn't affect them.
    Bev

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    When you're enfemme use the womens bathroom do your business touch up your makeup and leave with no problem

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaFermina View Post
    I wonder if it might be a positive exercise to get dressed up and go to the Police Station to the front desk and ask them what the laws/guidelines are ?

That way you will not be "ignorant of the laws", and if they are, because of your direct inquiry, they will have a reason to get informed.

Roberta
    This is a good idea. I did this (only in drab) and as it turns out in Iowa it is illegal. The only exception is when you are a TS, post-op. Now, having said that ... I use the ladies room, but it depends on where I am. Most places it is ok, some I go in the men's. Just for the record, haven't had trouble (when dressed) in either. As most have said, do your best to act normal and you should be fine.

C.

Ivy
    All of the above comments are right on, I would only add that consider where you are. GLBT establishments shouldn't be a problem -unless you are trying to get into the bathroom on ladies night - bring a book I keep a mental note of places that have a unisex bathroom or a one person at a time bathroom (Starbucks is good, and they're usually clean). Would I go into the ladies room at Applebees or Wal-Mart? I think I might not.

According to this article from 2005, there are only 5 cities in which gender identity is not an obstacle for using public bathrooms.
    Public restroom use is governed by a legal patchwork of city and town ordinances and state laws. San Francisco is one of five cities, including New York, with regulations protecting public restroom access based on "gender identity," which refers to a person's internal sense of gender rather than their birth sex.
    Of course, unless there is specific language in the law that includes crossdressers, the legal situation may still be ambiguous for most of us.

little place called Delaware, southerly from Philly Pa.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CD Susan View Post
    Like everyone has already said you must use the ladies room if you are dressed like one. It is only common sense to do this. Also a person wearing a dress and looking like a female does not use the mens rest room. This all seems so obvious to me that I would not even think of making exceptions to these rules.
    Hiya Jennifer The only problem I've ever had in the ladies room was having to wait for a stall. All you need to do is carry yourself ladylike and the people around will not even pay any attention to you. Enjoy yourself when out in public. lotsa huggzzz, bobbie