Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: choosing a female name

bella wants to look good! patddfan's Avatar

Question choosing a female name

is choosing a female name important or not? if so, anyone got any suggestions?

Former Member
    Pick a name you like and go with it.

Hi and welcome.......I guess.. what would you like to be called. There has to be a name you like...........

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

your fem name

It took me almost a year after I had accepted my crossdressing before a name dropped out of my head and landed in my mouth. I hadn't been looking for it, I guess it was looking for me. My advice is to be patient and one day you will look in the mirror and know the name of the girl you see there.

Are there any cd's who use their given name from birth?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Gold Member
    i think it's some thing you need and I think Patty would be a great name for you

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    Don't worry about changing it, either. Some people settle on a name very quickly -- it just pops in their mouth or clicks. My name did. Alan fits me very well, and it's much like the name I was given at birth.

But some people change it frequently, or have gone through more than one. Some people start out with one, have people call them that, and realize it doesn't fit them like they thought it would. That's okay too. My husband did that. /shrug. It's all about what YOU'RE comfortable with.
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

I think it's sort of nice to have a girl name mine came mostly because I know an Angie An older woman I thought was sort of sexy.
    Angie

I think you already have one, you just haven't got it yet. You can always pick a bunch of names and through them in a hat and then pick one and live with it. My Female name is nothing like my real name, that is because I do not want my female side to be assoiated with my male name.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Banned Read only
    It's only important inasmuch as you need to consider how you want to use it in the future, and whether or not changing it at a later date will cause any issues. I mean, even minor issues, like having to change your e-mail address, inform all your old friends, losing the legacy of your former identity, and so on. It's probably best to choose a name you like now and stick with it. I suggest you look up female names in Google, and pick one you like. For a surname, that could be a bit tougher, unless you are creative and can create one from scratch.

Patty sounds fine to me too... Just depends if you like it or not...

I think a girl name is a part of being a girl, whether you go with your guy name in to a fem (like Jack to Jackie ...) or maybe a name that you like or like mine i used the girl of my dreams (at least that was the name i called her just wish i could meet her)
    I do think it is important it helps identify you unless you just want to go on as 'dude in a dress'

Go ahead and choose whatever female name you like and go ahead and make it as effeminate as you want. I chose Samantha B L because it's similar to my male drab name yet it's just not a guy's name. Of course,as Tina has suggested Patty or even Patricia would be grand. But don't let any of us rush you into anything and once you have a fem name in the CD community you can always change it to another different fem name if you're bored with it or you think there's too many CD's running around with the same fem name. If you change it just be sure to let your freinds and the forum know!

i was thinking eva angelina or erin michelle would be hot!

Just needs to be a name you really like and can be associated with who you are
    Claire en femme,smart,casual and sexy!

i like my cdname, sometimes its easier on my so if isay suesan needs to come out, sometimes my wife will say suesan can come over, im out all day. i think in my case my name is easier to use than saying dressing or crossdressing,

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patddfan View Post
    i was thinking eva angelina or erin michelle would be hot!
    Just go with Pat short for Patricia or patty.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

whats in a name?

[SIZE=4]There is a website for baby names that has the meanings of all the names and various spellings.

My SO says that the names choose us rather than we choose the name.

As a woman unaware for many years, I had actually set up an email with my new legal name well over a year before I knew.

I just KNEW my real name was Lainie. My 2nd name Anne was a name I always loved and followed my old initials AN.

My third name I used 2 yrs before I knew; as a female form of Alan (Alynne) on my AIM.

I changed my last name because it sounded better with Lainie than my old one. Same initial though. And had no real reason to keep it.

I am completely happy being Lainie and female now.

You need to go with a name that you are comfortable with. And unless you are going to make it legally your name, you can try out different names you like. It just might confuse your friends though if you keep changing it frequently.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Empress Lainie; 07-20-2008 at 07:18 AM.
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

pat's my male name! why keep a unisex name?

My parents say I live in my room. Like it's a BAD thing.
    Some people go from being 'Sam' (Samuel) to being 'Sam' (Samantha) or something similar for all sorts of reasons.

Go with what you're comfortable. If it's not a unisex name, then pick a female one
    Carol: Do you have any Equal?
    Peter: I'm sorry, I'm famous for having no equal. – Peter’s Friends

Prince George: Just let her know I am all man. With a bit of animal thrown in. Grr! -- Blackadder III

Dr. House: I don't know who's been gossiping about ethics instead of sex, but hopefully they're already fired.

I choose Susan simply because I've always thought it a nice girl's name. Watersfield is a place in my home county. I choose it as a surname simply because I thought it had a nice sound to it.

I did once try using the name Nikki (Nichola), but soon went back to Susan. However, I sometimes use Nikki as a middle name.

The most important thing is to like, and be comfortable with the femme name you choose.

Susan xxx

Gold Member
    Why not? Sounds good to me, my real names Tim and thats what I got Tina from.

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    Actually, my given name at birth was Leslie. My last name is a translation to English from it's original language. I added the extra "X" because one can never have too many kisses!

I didn't grow up with either name, as I was adopted by my mother's second husband when I was seven and he wanted to banish all remnants of my previous self.
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"

A couple of people have said, and I agree, that sometimes your name chooses you.
    Ruth just came to me. It wouldn't have been my choice. There was a certain force about it though. I've never questioned it or tried to change it. I think it's more truly me than my male given name.
    [SIZE="2"]Always be true to yourself because the people who matter don’t mind, and the people who mind don’t matter.[/SIZE]

I chose my name because it was the name of a much loved aunt. I had always admired her grace and style. I would like to think that she looks down on me with approval and sees in me the daughter she never had but wanted so much.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    [SIZE=4]You could use a name that is someone in your family you admire. Or just wait, it will come to you, I think.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]